Puyallup River Get-Together!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cudaman
Warrant Officer

RE:Puyallup River Get-Together!

Post by cudaman » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:05 am

Im in i just love the great sportmanship i see there ,just kidding Id love to go
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:45 am

jens wrote:
salmonslayer117 wrote:Hmmm... Well, I guess I could jump in on this one. I'll probably be down there anyways. Give me a chance to get my son out on the water and give jens a hard time... lol. :-" :-"
Ewww, this is a family site. :)
You're twisted bro... You know that, right... Lol. As for the wager, I'll throw a few dollars into the pool.
Last edited by salmonslayer117 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:00 am

On the first page of this thread i threw in the contests . It states everyone throws in a buck or two ! [thumbup]
I'll be rich by the end of the night ! [woot]
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:34 am

Ok jensen, ya seen me pull two out right in front of donman last time I fished with ya. Salmonslayer seen me pull a few out. Kinghunter seen me pull 2 kings, I pulled a few kings out in front of Anthony. I need video proof? lol Its cool Ill start sending ya the photos next week. Ill tip a beer in your honor after I get my first fish lol.
More fish please!

MrJohn
Petty Officer

Post by MrJohn » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I think I'd like to make it.

Couldn't figure out where it was until I got the Marty's Food center bit and googled it.

I was going to go west on River, cross the bridge, turn left and end up in Fife I guess.
Someone should do a video of people running across River road from Marty's with their gear and in waders.
The thought scares me but hey...every one needs an adrenalin rush sometime.

I try to avoid crowds because you never know what kind of behavior is going to happen but since this site seems much friendlier than another one I visit, I think I won't have to pack my shotgun....ha ha.
I usually fish the upper river toward the Carbon.

Many moons ago,(the 70s), when there were actually steelhead in the river, some friends got me down there to plunk on the north side.
Do you still plunk down there or is it the good ol' corky and yarn thing?

js7
Angler

Post by js7 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:19 pm

put me down as a maybe

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 pm

I was trying to read through it. what is the date and time again?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:34 am

The date is Augut 27th, a saturday.
Time, well ill be there real early. Id say go whenever you want, just make it early.!
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

chazman253
Angler

Post by chazman253 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:21 am

From Tacoma area.. I would like to learn how to fish on the Puyallup since I have never been. Any takers want to help me out???

nickbell
Commander

Post by nickbell » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Change of plans, Im going!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:The date is Augut 27th, a saturday.
Time, well ill be there real early. Id say go whenever you want, just make it early.!
And where?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
Fish_Bait111397 wrote:The date is Augut 27th, a saturday.
And where?

Cross the 66th ave bridge. Take a left. I don't know how far down, but there is a gravel road that leads down to the river.. There are about 5 or 6 spots that guys can park cars.. but, further down, if the water is shallow enough, there is a gravel bar that we fished off of last year.. we could probably take over that whole section. (Quote From Jens, Thanks !) Right across the street from martys Food Center,

:cheers:

Just less then 2 weeks ago !

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 pm

I fished by weigh station yesterday. Lots of fish pushing through.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Post by yooper_fisher » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 am

I'd love to make it guys. I just bought an Okuma salmon rod today and actually have no idea how to use the dang thing (so long). If I have the day I'd love to show up just so you guys can show me how to fish!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Will this be the world's 1st fishing flash mob???
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

julesvern12
Angler

Post by julesvern12 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:Will this be the world's 1st fishing flash mob???

LOL! Only the people on this site can know.:-$

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Im in.. only thing is where to park. I go by the river twice everyday and it is a ZOO. Never seen so many people down there.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

I scouted the spot where we could all fish. Bad news. I've seen at least 3 cars that were not able to make it back up the hill. I myself had a little bit of a trouble as well and I drive a AWD Mercury Mountaineer..

Ok, so who knows of a different spot that will accommodate parking/fishing for everyone.. Fishing is redonkulous right now. Only going to get better.
"One more......."

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Hmm.. theres a spot by the soccer fields, i believe its on River Road.?

Jerry H
Warrant Officer

Post by Jerry H » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Anywhere on the river road side is bad for parking. There is not much legal parking and they were and will continue to ticket and tow. Also most parking is on the south side of the road that means crossing 4 lanes of trafic and the left turn lane.

Last weekend I found a place on levee rd. about 1 1/2 miles downriver from the 66th street bridge. The parking was on the north side of Levee rd. in a mowed grass area. Didn't see any signs and cars were parked in the area. We caught fish but not as many as there seemed to be up by the bridge. It was strictky a chest wadder fishing area. The first step took you to 3 ft. then leveled out some people walked all the way across. If the link below works the parking area was in the 4600 block.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl
Last edited by Jerry H on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.