Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

RE:Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Post by yooper_fisher » Fri May 06, 2011 10:49 pm

I've been lucky so far since I've been in WA. I have heard that there are problems at the Lake Walker launch on occasion though.
Also, not a launch site, but I've heard of lots of problems with catalytic converter theft at the Bonney Lake park and ride.
Last edited by yooper_fisher on Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat May 07, 2011 3:48 am

Several weeks back, I heard a segment on NPR about the gang problem they are having in the Potholes area.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =135253412
Last edited by Marc Martyn on Sat May 07, 2011 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 am

I heard about potholes recently. I have a lake that has become a bit unruly. And it's a lake we own. It's really important to be in contact with local city and county Officers. While our Officers can deal with these issues it's better to call the other Officers.

And this falls in line with being a good witness. Do NOT approach these groups or even the tweakers. It's not safe. If you see problems discreetly get physical and vehicle descriptions.

Recently I walked down a trail at the lake I mentioned above and came up on a couple guys smoking. I just smiled and said I was looking for fisherman and they told me there were some down the other trail and I backed out of there and hustled away.

Be aware of your surroundings, keep valuables out of sight. Even your fishing gear. Some people look for anything they can pawn.

Be safe!!
Inland Fish Program - WDFW
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Sun May 15, 2011 2:44 pm

yooper_fisher wrote:I've been lucky so far since I've been in WA. I have heard that there are problems at the Lake Walker launch on occasion though.
Also, no a launch site, but I've heard of lots of problems with catalytic converter theft at the Bonney Lake park and ride.
I haven`t heard of any on Walker in a long time. I think most of those people come from the few weird houses on the lake.

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Post by yooper_fisher » Sun May 15, 2011 6:54 pm

rjn cajun wrote:
yooper_fisher wrote:I've been lucky so far since I've been in WA. I have heard that there are problems at the Lake Walker launch on occasion though.
Also, no a launch site, but I've heard of lots of problems with catalytic converter theft at the Bonney Lake park and ride.
I haven`t heard of any on Walker in a long time. I think most of those people come from the few weird houses on the lake.
Yeah, I've met some really nice people around there but also some real questionable ones. Usually if there's a couple groups fishing at the launch, especially if they have kids, I don't worry as much since there's someone close by. I also noticed a county officer car at one of the newer looking homes the other day, so it's nice to know one lives close by.

Uncle Wes
Warrant Officer

Post by Uncle Wes » Mon May 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Just read the fishing report on Storm Lake in Snohomish County and he was a victim of a smash & grab.
The Troutist
Uncle Wes Malmberg
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Uncle-Wes/354228301302839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Columnist, Northwest Sportsman Magazine
Columnist, Mason County Outdoors
Member, Northwest Outdoor Writers Association

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:13 am

Sunday 6/19.
Skykomish river fishermen fishing below Rieter. Several vehicles on both sides of the river suffered smash and grabs. No one saw or was able to catch the culprits in the act.
Last edited by wolverine on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life's short - fish hard!

wdavis10
Petty Officer

Post by wdavis10 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:29 pm

:-({|= Blue creek boat launch @ the cowlitz - learned to use a locking gas cap. Friend learned to lock his spare tire up

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:10 am

fishlips48 wrote::-({|= Blue creek boat launch @ the cowlitz - learned to use a locking gas cap. Friend learned to lock his spare tire up
Ya getting burned, we learn!
Cast first, worry later.

downtown98033
Petty Officer

Post by downtown98033 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 am

Beaver Lake Boat Launch
Sammamish, WA

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Only break in I've ever had was the Ediz Hook launch at Port Angeles 6-7 years ago. Kind of surprising since there ia a lot of foot traffic around there. I still fish PA now and then but now I launch at the marina.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:29 am

Just left hwy side or Reiter earlier this evening. The two cars next to mine both had windows broken out - mine and another rig didn't. Mine was empty with the glove box and all other compartments open. I looked around but didn't see anybody.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:Just left hwy side or Reiter earlier this evening. The two cars next to mine both had windows broken out - mine and another rig didn't. Mine was empty with the glove box and all other compartments open. I looked around but didn't see anybody.
One of those cars were my buddys brothers. He mentioned he had nothing exposed, they broke in just to open the trunk, which had his tools.

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Post by yooper_fisher » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Tuesday (8/16/11):
My truck got broken into at the Fish Lake (King County) access site.

I didn't hear any vehicles pull up so I think they were on foot. The broke out my back passenger window and got the gps unit that was in my glove box. I forgot the darn thing was even in there. I figured with all the trash in my truck no one would bother with it, but I was wrong... Lesson learned.

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 am

Stilly problems/ Norman RD
Link-
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... =4&t=13491" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cast first, worry later.

TheHunt
Petty Officer

Re: Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Post by TheHunt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Since the legalization of silencers are coming. I wonder if there will be some issues with the use of those devices?

I have never been broken into. I have witnessed a break in and went to court etc...

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:47 pm

always having vandalism problems at the family place on the east fork satsop. recently its been a group of inbred yocals on quads tipping over the outhouse, shooting my gazebo and taking apart the neighbors benched for the 2x6s. the made a trail going around the gates and we've caught them in there. not sure what house on the county road they're coming from yet.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:39 pm

had my gas tank siphoned at salsbury point park near port gamble. a guy launched at the pt. defiance ramp, walked up the hill to park and came back to find his rods gone, several cars have had valuables left in sight taken there too.

morrisR/T
Angler

Post by morrisR/T » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:02 am

i got some where around $300 of tackle, my work phone, truck keys, and wallet stolen from 20ft. behind me while i was fishing for chinook on the skokomish. that was my first and last trip to the skok

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm

morrisR/T wrote:i got some where around $300 of tackle, my work phone, truck keys, and wallet stolen from 20ft. behind me while i was fishing for chinook on the skokomish. that was my first and last trip to the skok
heard a guy was robbed for a fish at shotgun point last year on the skok