Wheel chair/Handicap accesabilty on river.

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
julesvern12
Angler

Wheel chair/Handicap accesabilty on river.

Post by julesvern12 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm

My son you may now him as EAmon Hoffman. He is in a wheel chair/ cruches and Is dying to get some pinks. I know there is accesabilty on the cowlitz river and the kalama. I havent been to a lot of pink rivers sense I was a teenager. And they half changed a lot by just driving by them. I'm trying to find a good rocky bank for him too sit down in a chair and fish. Any reccamadations would help.

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

RE:Wheel chair/Handicap accesabilty on river.

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:09 pm

WOW ..none jump'd in to help ya huh !!??!?!?!!

i'm pretty sure there's a page in the F&W site about hadicap accessibility..
i'm too far south to have local knowledge in yor area but ...
down here on the Nisqualy there is a area so designated ...has paved parking .. a concrete area to fish with a pipe railing and pole holders ..just around the corner next to the Luhr Beach boat ramp is nice raised dock (end of McAllister Creek i think) where you can fish and hang a crap trap at the same time...if your plan'n a trip down this far south to fish/explore you might goog and go check out the Riverbend (i think) campground ... its just nextdoor/upriver from the handicap hole on the Nasty and for a few buck$ you can drive your rig right out on the gravel bars and park rrright next to the river...and if ya ask they'll let ya drive bk in there and check it out before ya decide to pay

... GL to ya's .. DOG
Last edited by 'OL GREY DOG on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 pm

You can go to the Hoodsport Hatchery and fish for pinks/kings. They have an area blocked off for handicap people to fish.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 pm

There is a few spots on the green. You can fish across from the golf course in auburn at the park. There is a spot that has a good size beach that you can help him get on and easy pickins there. Also upriver a lil there is another decent beach that has enough beach for a wheelchair. Up towards the 18 overpass there is an area that driftboats launch. Its not that great there but should be enough room for a chair. Up past that there is flaming geyser area. There is acess for a chair around the launch up there. There is a few spots along the Puyallup that should be ok for a chair. Kinda rocky but will work. 115th st go to the end and drive right to the river. lots of room. Around McAlder elementary, think its 96th st there is an area that you could get him into but not real easy. There is a gate and a small hill to go down. Not sure if that be the best place but Im sure it could be done. Im sure there is more this is all thats comming to mind.
More fish please!

julesvern12
Angler

Post by julesvern12 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 am

Thanks for all the help. He is going to one happy camper:)

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:42 pm

wtg guys

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:35 am

Feels good to be back thanks for all the help.Picked a location so my dad can set a chair down and i can cruch over there. and i'll be kickin theese pinks any time!
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:38 pm

well ???

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 pm

we were able to go to Langus park on the snohomish a huge dock for me to stand on my cruches and lean on the railing and cast out! i went 0/2 my dad went 1/2

thanks again i'll be hitting some of thoose spots flingin pooh reccomedend. thank's again
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:39 pm

oohhh sure... see how ya are !!! ...

the indians on the nasty have been have'n 1000 fish a day type catchs...
nets are out 2day !!!... sunday - 2sday ...

lololol see how many are pay'n attention