Baker Lake report! Pic heavy.

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Matt
Admiral

RE:Baker Lake report! Pic heavy.

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 am

I'm on my way in to work (to do some Chinook fishing) and will be heading towards Baker by 1pm, my gear is all packed, boat is fueled, and I am eager to say the least!

See yah on the water Nate.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:37 pm

wow Wow WOw WOW Baker was Sooooo slow today i saw 2 fish caught out of over 300 boats. Anybody else out there today? This was my sixth time going, my first times for takedowns went 12-5-7-13-7 and today i got NOTHING not even a bump. This is my first time fishing since they added more fish, last time i fished was 7000 now its twice that and it doesnt seem to be helping. SLow day i guess, maybe mid-week next week will be better.
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 pm

fish deeper the fish are feeling the pressure find the deep water. everyone is fishing shallower depts.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:17 pm

fishenfreak wrote:wow Wow WOw WOW Baker was Sooooo slow today i saw 2 fish caught out of over 300 boats. Anybody else out there today? This was my sixth time going, my first times for takedowns went 12-5-7-13-7 and today i got NOTHING not even a bump. This is my first time fishing since they added more fish, last time i fished was 7000 now its twice that and it doesnt seem to be helping. SLow day i guess, maybe mid-week next week will be better.
You're making me feel pretty good about my 2 day trip, 4 fish total, 2 people, 3 rods. I was a bit disappointed, ok, very disappointed since my expectations were so high. I should have approached it much differently than I did. Since it is a new fishery to me, I should have approached it as a camping trip supplemented by a fair fishery. Lake WA used to be a hum dinger for us so I expected nothing less of Baker. The scenery was spectacular and the fish we caught were very spunky about half brite fish, not chromers. They taste spectacular! I'll avoid Panorama with my tow rig and boat. I recommend 4 wheel drive at Panorama as the the gravel is tore up and soft.
Attachments
287695_2085001837719_1025315833_32326455_4996560_o.jpg
287695_2085001837719_1025315833_32326455_4996560_o.jpg (181.96 KiB) Viewed 872 times
286492_2085003077750_1025315833_32326457_405288_o.jpg
286492_2085003077750_1025315833_32326457_405288_o.jpg (138 KiB) Viewed 871 times
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:56 pm

I recall having a few days on Lk Wash that just sucked while others caught fish. I think they will again be on, judging from last years reports, the fishing held up to the end of August. Also, before my wife and I went last week I seem to recall a few tough reports getting posted.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 am

It's all good Mike! Robyn and I really enjoyed the trip and I for one certainly appreciate the info and encouragement that I received here while planning the trip. ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS! Personal Thanks to Rseas, Matt and of course you, Mike. It was a great boat camping trip and a good fishing trip all rolled into one. These fish fought and taste much better than Lake WA sockeye. The four we caught were hens. One was bigger than the other 3. My rating on the report was based on 1 fish caught per person, per day, in comparison to the the 3 fish limit, per person, per day. Your video was good intel, I didn't heed your comment about Panorama being suited for smaller boats. LOL I should have launched at Swift since I was certainly there early enough to do so. Or even better yet, get in there the night before and launch out of the south end of the lake, make the run up to Noisy Creek area then set up camp and spend 2 nights. My itinerary left me exhausted right out of the gate for fishing and the scenery.

Westport, two king limit as of today! Wild or native, 24"++++ to keep! :)

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:40 am

Hey Mark, I was up there all weekend too! I think I might have seen your boat but didn't know it was you. We use the Swift creek launch and it is awesome if you can find parking.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:55 am

Matt wrote:Hey Mark, I was up there all weekend too! I think I might have seen your boat but didn't know it was you. We use the Swift creek launch and it is awesome if you can find parking.
Robyn and I were there Thurs 4am till Fri noonish. Camped at the creek just west of the noisy creek bay. Looked at sites to the east of Noisy that were full.

I'll shoot for Swift Creek next time. I tend to avoid the weekends at most places due to crowds, but it was crowded thurs and fri. Had a Good to Great time, fishing was so so but gives me some drive to do better next trip.

I did look for your boat in case you made it up before you stated in the forum.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 am

Oh ok gotcha, we probably just missed you's guys then. Drats. We launched around 2:00pm or so I believe on Friday afternoon, we tried to fish some Friday night but not very seriously lol. We had 2 takes but they didn't stick.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 am

I was wondering how you ended up doing over the weekend, I look forward to reading the report.... Also, did you hook up with Nate? Thinking back, I'm wondering if I should have shot deeper with the down riggers... the fish finder didn't show a whole lot, some,............. or since that north end of the lake was plugged with sooo many boats, would it have been productive to go around the corner,,,, south of Swift and Panarama.... LOL there's always something else to try. Another day,!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:56 am

We did run in to Nate, and rseas both. Talked to them. Last I talked to Nate they had gotten 2 in their Kayak. Watched them land #2 this morning! Randy said things had been slow.

Here is the write up for our trip, Mark. I also posted reports too, considering I forgot to do it last time. DOH! #-o

http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/yaf_po ... -Deux.aspx

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:36 am

Thanks Matt. Dude! You've got that fishery down pat! Awesome photos, part 1 and deux.