Wa.Lks Derby - ANNUAL PICNIC!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Wa.Lks Derby - ANNUAL PICNIC!

Post by Amx » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Ok, just got home from the store with 21 bags of chips, and about 10 jars of dip. Hope that'll be enough. Some sppons and even some dishes for the dip if needed, gotta get that last dip out of the bottom corners.
Tom.

Interests: living

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Sorry Guys i have been super busy these dayz so i havent had a chance to jump on this thread untill today ..

I will be there and i look forward to seeing all the members ! I will be bringing some cool items from DOBYNS for the raffle .. I look forward to the casting contest as always , see ya there folks ! :salut:
Attachments
PROMO_PACKAGE.jpg
PROMO_PACKAGE.jpg (163.6 KiB) Viewed 2783 times

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

kenimes
Petty Officer

Post by kenimes » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Although I would love to make it to my first WL potluck with my son, I had already planned a bass fishing trip to E WA this weekend.

Crud.

Will be sure to think of y'all when I'm reeling in the bigguns. ;)
Last edited by kenimes on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:53 pm

I got a big jar of pickled Bolognas I am bringing along with jerky treats and pepperonis. Also some of my pickled items.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:23 pm

I just posted a pic of what Dobyns rod donated for the WL.COM event ..
shirts , caps , and two 40% off certificates good for "any" Dobyns Rod ...:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Good luck folks :salut:

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 pm

racfish wrote:I got a big jar of pickled Bolognas I am bringing along with jerky treats and pepperonis. Also some of my pickled items.

note too self , "keep all flammable items away from Racfish this saturday" [scared] ..lol j/k bro 8-[

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 am

Cool Dez, I've been busy making up "goody bags" for everyone that comes, and we'll have some fun items for the annual drawing (free of course) - including a "Work Sharp" Sharpner valued at $80.

If you haven't signed up yet it's OK to show up at the last minute - just bring something for all the hungry WL.com members to munch on!
Attachments
Work_Sharp_Knife_4c742d81ae580.jpg
Work_Sharp_Knife_4c742d81ae580.jpg (184.09 KiB) Viewed 2774 times

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:23 pm

If anybody with a boat is gonna fish on sat I could use a backseat if ones available. My boat is going in the shop Next thursday. Thanks to any offers
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm

OK Mike - wife & I are going to whip up a vat-o Pesto Pasta Salad and a case of bottled water.

I was also thinking:-$ , I have a bunch of stuff aquired over the years and need to get rid of (given to me, found, came with other stuff I bought, etc.)- I am going to bring a "free box" with all of it for anyone who might want some of it.

Besides - then I can use the box to bring home all the loot I will get for winning the casting contest again:-"
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:03 pm

I'm definitly coming on Saturday, and my buddy Travis is taggin' along. Bringin the boat so I'm hopin to snatch one of those trailer spots, we shall see. Mike you have me bringin' chips and dip, not a problem! Lookin forward to meeting everyone and fishin' a new lake! See ya Sat!

BTW... 35mph... wheres the fun in that!:-"
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Octane, trust me, I have enough chips and dips to last a couple picnics. 21 bags of chips and 10 jars of dip. Ya don't need to bring anything. :-)
Tom.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:15 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:OK Mike - wife & I are going to whip up a vat-o Pesto Pasta Salad and a case of bottled water.

I was also thinking:-$ , I have a bunch of stuff aquired over the years and need to get rid of (given to me, found, came with other stuff I bought, etc.)- I am going to bring a "free box" with all of it for anyone who might want some of it.

Besides - then I can use the box to bring home all the loot I will get for winning the casting contest again:-"
Pride goes before the fall. [blink] I'm bringing my refurbished curado/crankin rod and I mean to get some accurate casting practise before hand.

We have talked about doing some swapping at the picnics so ya, if anyone wants to bring gear to sell/barter/give-away we'll set up a table.

And if people can bring tables, chairs, whatever - remember - put your name on it! Last year my wife and I got a free chair do recall.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 am

I've been thinking of bringing all or most of the bass fishing books I have. The new to bass fishing people might have a need for them.
Tom.

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 am

Crap, I may have spoke too soon. I may not be there after all.
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 am

AND I'M MISSING ALL OF THIS FUN???!!!

Working 7 days a week right now...#-o #-o #-o

Geez, hope I am not hitting that 'age' where work becomes more important than fishing. Oops, I mean life.:-"

Dangit, my daughter woulda loved it I'm thinkin'. Always next year I guess if within doable range.

Hope all have a grand time out there :)
Can always drop a worm down at one of the corners of the shallow end of dock and get perch if fishing skills afford nothing else:eye:
Last edited by knotabassturd on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 am

Looks like I might be able to stop in for and hour or so, 11:30ish. What food assignment do you have for me Mike? Costco isn't far. :)
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 pm

MarkFromSea wrote:Looks like I might be able to stop in for and hour or so, 11:30ish. What food assignment do you have for me Mike? Costco isn't far. :)
Great! Let's have you bring a SURPRISE item. =p~

BUMP TO THE END OF THE THREAD---------

OK, let's start figuring out what types of food items and other things to bring!

*** Extra coolers with ice, tables, chairs, sun shades. If you have them, bring em. Better to have too many than not enough. Make sure you put your name on them please.

FOOD - Here's our list. I'll ask for you to bring some general categories unless you've already signed up for something specific:

Mike Carey and spouse, 1 kid ------------ will bring plates, plastic wear, napkins, and glasses, as well as beverages
rjn cajun - 1 ------------- artichoke dip
Amx - 1--------------- chips and dip
tnj8222 - 2 adults and 1 kid ------------- catering Jersey Mike's! --------- sub sandwiches!
russmcdonald - 2 adults --------------- fruit plate
Lock3056 - 2 adults and 2 kids ----------------- desert item
abdullah - +2? ---------------- water
Steelhead597 - +1? --------------- pasta/salad
Ocktane - ? +1? ------------------- chip and dip
The Quadfather - 1 ------------------ fruit plate
The Hawg Hunter - 1 ---------------- pasta/salad
xxtinynickxx - 2 adults, 1 child -----------------soft drinks/ flavored water
admtjr - 1 --------------- soft drinks
GaryT - 2 adults ------------- potatoe salad
Fish_Bait11397 - 1 ------------ "desert"
PAYohann - 2 ---------------- chips/dips
guitarfisher - 2 ----------------- desert
Kevin S - 1 ------------cake
EAmon_hoffman - 2?-------------- pasta/salad
racfish - 1? ------------- "surprise"
Gringo Pescador - +2 -------------- "surprise us"
backwater basser - 2? ----------------- cookies
basser90 - 1 --------------------cookies
fishingmachine - 1? ---------------- soft drinks/flavored water
mcmillan0416 - 2 -------------- broccoli salad and whipped cheesecake
hydra - 1 ---------------- desert
Biggbass Dez -1 ------------- surprise
MarkFromSea - 1 ------------ surprise

SO FAR WE HAVE 28 members signed up with up to 44 total including guests. It's not too late to sign up and join us!

It's always fun to meet members and get to attach faces to names. Plus we'll continue our annual tradition of the Casting Contest, have some WL.com freebees AND a free raffle.

>>>Fish the morning away and have lunch and fun at the park starting 11:30am.<<< See you

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Hey Dez Im bringing some Gas-X with me just in case. Those pickled bologna with fill any propane or methane tank.Hehehe. I too will bring gear I dont use or cant use.
Im there alone so ifin someone has a seat open on a table Id appreciate it. I promise not to release any combustional gasses.Im also gonna bring some table cloths I made at work. They are great cloths. Keep them and take them home. They are washable fabrics.
Last edited by racfish on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:15 pm

racfish wrote:Hey Dez Im bringing some Gas-X with me just in case. Those pickled bologna with fill any propane or methane tank.Hehehe. I too will bring gear I dont use or cant use.
Im there alone so ifin someone has a seat open on a table Id appreciate it. I promise not to release any combustional gasses.Im also gonna bring some table cloths I made at work. They are great cloths. Keep them and take them home. They are washable fabrics.

Im Looking Forward too a fun day in the park racfish!
As a matter of fact im not all that happy about Mark always winning the casting contest#-o
This year im taking the gloves off and if need be i will spike his drink(:shaking2: ) :rambo: lol

Glad everyone is ready to rock out in the morning , see ya there :thumright

BTW , Sorry for letting the cat out the bag Mr Mike Cary , but for those that dont already know Mike will be displaying some fancy dance moves at the pic nic this year , Mike i did manage to find the song you requested and we all look forward too seeing those cool moves man ... http://youtu.be/KQ6zr6kCPj8 :clown: :clown:[woot] [woot] =d>

Pre view of mikes face right now >>>>:-s lmfao !!

Dez
Last edited by Bigbass Dez on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

russmcdonald
Petty Officer

Post by russmcdonald » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Picking up and fruit plate for tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you all. I might have missed it but when is everyone getting there or is it a free for all up to 11:30.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”