Angle Lake Dock Closed

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bkawafishin
Petty Officer

Angle Lake Dock Closed

Post by bkawafishin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I just came back from a 2 week vacation, headed down to my favorite lake for a relaxing Wednesday evening, and the dock was closed until 8pm! According to the sign this will be the case until after Labor Day.

Does anyone know why they do this? Is it for the swimmers and other recreationists to enjoy the dock? If it's raining and there is no lifeguard on duty or anyone swimming can I fish off the dock?

Just curious if I can still keep this place in mind if the weather turns cold or rainy, or if I have to go somewhere else to get my koke fix for the next couple months...

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Angle Lake Dock Closed

Post by Amx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 am

call them, ask why, maybe tell them that you go to work at 6pm for second shift. then demand that they keep it open at all times.
Tom.

Interests: living

David Z.
Petty Officer

Post by David Z. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 pm

That sign has been there for years. If I remember right it runs from Fathers Day(June)until Labor Day (September) the dock is closed to fishing from 10:00 AM until 8:00 PM to give the swimmers a chance to enjoy the dock.

bkawafishin
Petty Officer

Post by bkawafishin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 pm

I must have just noticed it for the first time when I found the dock closed. Well that kind of stinks, that place was great for me. Close, a decent amount of room on the dock, and I've been pretty lucky to catch something every time I've been there, even when nobody else was.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:36 pm

I think it must have been like that at least since last year about this time. I had some time to kill before picking up my daughter and I had been spoiling to go fishing so I headed there. I prepared my rods and walked down and before I made my first cast, I saw the sign. I thought, "What?!!! You've got to be kidding me."

Major bummer, but rules are rules. :-&

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:58 am

Good thing I know someone that lives on that lake. Ive never had a closed dock situation. Now If I knew how to bass fish and was able to get some of those monster bass Ive seen that dont bite anything Ive tossed at them ever. I have heard of them feasting on baby ducks, but never seen this for myself.
More fish please!