Puyallup River Get-Together!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
returnofthefish
Captain

RE:Puyallup River Get-Together!

Post by returnofthefish » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 pm

What time?
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

Jhuynh2
Petty Officer

Post by Jhuynh2 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:14 am

If it's Saturday, I'm in! gotta find where the 66th street bridge is, maybe follow flingpooh from the BL

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:43 am

I say just go when ever you are ready, it is a saturday, so there will be alot of people, so id say get there early.

Hey back doc, thanks to jens he gave us directions to the spot, there on the very first page of this thread.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:16 pm

I dont have a scanner ,but if someone could make a lil map on where we would meet ,that would sho be nice. Even if its a hand drawn one. Thanks....
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:44 pm

racfish wrote:I dont have a scanner ,but if someone could make a lil map on where we would meet ,that would sho be nice. Even if its a hand drawn one. Thanks....
+1
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Its right across the street from martys food center. I actually gave them 10 bucks to park there worrie free of breakins
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

nickbell
Commander

Post by nickbell » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:02 am

Crap, cant, football practice

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:50 am

nickbell wrote:Crap, cant, football practice
Doh ! #-o
I was having the same problem at first, but my football practice got a new schedule.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:16 pm

There any good spots on the north side ofriver closer to mouth for fishing from bank? Thinking of getting my daughter started with pinks this year on the river once the fish are thick enough. Hoping she starts in the salt at Dash Pt to start though:cheers:
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Hmmm... Well, I guess I could jump in on this one. I'll probably be down there anyways. Give me a chance to get my son out on the water and give jens a hard time... lol. :-" :-"
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:50 pm

salmonslayer117 wrote:Hmmm... Well, I guess I could jump in on this one. I'll probably be down there anyways. Give me a chance to get my son out on the water and give jens a hard time... lol. :-" :-"
Ewww, this is a family site. :)
"One more......."

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:08 pm

A fly rod isnt bad. If you plan to use flies around a thousand people ,you wont be making any friends.So far the pinks at CQ are large now. You can pick up an Ugly Stick for 30 bucks at Wally World.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:23 pm

I saw a Shakespear "Humpy Combo" at Fred Meyer the other day.
I didn't look close enough to see details but consisted of a rod, spooled spinning reel, and a 3" pink buzzbomb.
I am sure one of us will be picking up the packaging from one (or more) of these tossed on the riverbank somewhere soon..#-o
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Who's up for a little contest? Surely there are some of you with competitive juices? Biggest Pink? Get a pool going?
"One more......."

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:14 pm

jens wrote:Who's up for a little contest? Surely there are some of you with competitive juices? Biggest Pink? Get a pool going?

Ya know Im game for a wager just not one with the whole website. If ya wanna get a bet going in our circle we can give it a go. First king flossed over 30lbs and biggest on the season and we can go biggest pink too. We have enough people that if we go 1 dollar per catagory it be a decent dollar amount. Rules would be need atleast one other member of bet present for catch to count and a picture of fish with scale weight both visable.
Last edited by flinginpooh on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More fish please!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:26 pm

flinginpooh wrote:
jens wrote:Who's up for a little contest? Surely there are some of you with competitive juices? Biggest Pink? Get a pool going?

Ya know Im game for a wager just not one with the whole website. If ya wanna get a bet going in our circle we can give it a go. First king flossed over 30lbs and biggest on the season and we can go biggest pink too. We have enough people that if we go 1 dollar per catagory it be a decent dollar amount. Rules would be need atleast one other member of bet present for catch to count and a picture of fish with scale weight both visable.
I suggest nothing too heavy in the wager for this event, just some friendly competition. Everyone kick in a buck or so that wants to and winner take all. Everyone bring your cameras too. Fish has to be hooked inside the mouth. Not too hard right?

Now for our circle, with the crew you run with, I am suggesting you get video evidence of any fish you catch my friend. I have yet to see you catch anything. Just sayin. Even Ben, kinghunter, no waders guy, Greg, they all agree as well as tommytitan08 and dailyfisherman. I have an extra digi video camera you can borrow. I miss you.
"One more......."

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 pm

jens wrote:
flinginpooh wrote:

I suggest nothing too heavy in the wager for this event, just some friendly competition. Everyone kick in a buck or so that wants to and winner take all. Everyone bring your cameras too. Fish has to be hooked inside the mouth. Not too hard right?

Now for our circle, with the crew you run with, I am suggesting you get video evidence of any fish you catch my friend. I have yet to see you catch anything. Just sayin. Even Ben, kinghunter, no waders guy, Greg, they all agree as well as tommytitan08 and dailyfisherman. I have an extra digi video camera you can borrow. I miss you.
I am up for friendly wagers ($1 1st fish, $1 biggest, $1 most, etc.), but only on the water with the people I am there with. Any other way causes too much bickering - I'm married, I don't need any more bikering than I already have:-({|=
If/when I fish with you all, if you want to kick in for my gas $$ by betting against me I will sure let you:bball:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:57 am

I'm in for some friendly competition !
Each member throws in a $1 or $2 per category?
What categories do we want?
-Biggest Pink?
-Most Fish?
-Biggest King?
What else do we want?

Bassin253
Petty Officer

Post by Bassin253 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Im in for this sounds like fun.

dmangler69
Petty Officer

Post by dmangler69 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I think the wife and I will go. Maybe some of you vets can help with having her catch her first Salmon. We missed the last run due to job issues. We aren't a fan of the crowds but be nice to make some new fishing friends.
takes one to know one