JACK TIPPING TIGER MUSKIE CLASSIC on Mayfield Lake

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dougw
Commander

RE:JACK TIPPING TIGER MUSKIE CLASSIC on Mayfield Lake

Post by dougw » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Thats awesome Mike! Good luck on Mayfield!
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:39 am

Ok guys, let's have some tournament results!!!!!! I heard that 7 fish were caught, we'd like to hear more about them........#-o
Last edited by Rosann G on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm

It was 8 fish caught, 4 being over 30". Largest fish landed and released was 45", a real good looking Tiger. We saw more fish than we've ever seen, Norm and I saw no less than 60 fish in two days. I'm sure some of those we saw more than once but they were out on the prowl. There were 8 teams in the event whom dealt with wind, rain and a tournament headquarters under repair. The winning team had 78 3/4" in two fish, the team in 2nd had 78" in two fish. WOW that was close! I would like to thank Viking Cafe of Mossyrock for thier sponsorship and great support. Many other sponsors stepped up and made our raffle well worth buying a ticket. Pictures are coming soon.
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Great Tournament,

All in all we had about 25 people come out in support this event. It takes allot of work to put these events together and like to thank you all. Sponsors, Volunteers, participants……

Congrats to Mike and Scott Olson for winning 1ST Place and big fish by only ¾ of an inch. They had their game plan and stuck with it both days, regardless of wind and rain. Our very own Mike and Jon Floyd took 2nd place with two great looking tigers, one being a 45” toad. Mike could have taking the big fish pot had he entered (You never know Mike). There were several smaller fish throughout both days that were just shy of the 30” minimum. Third was raffled off and won by Russ and Tammy who because of engine trouble never left Winston cove. Maybe this will help with some repairs guys.

It was a tough weekend with the weather and the lake dropping about 2 feet between Saturday and Sunday, but the fish were out in force. I’ve never seen some many Tigers in my life. My partner Doug and I counted properly 50+ Muskies across the two day event. Never the less we all had a great time and are all ready looking forward to next year.

Lastly, I’d like to send a special thank you to Ken from Viking Café in Mossyrock. Ken and his crew provided all of us some delicious food over the weekend and even came down to the launch site @ 0530 in the morning to confirm all the orders. Also Mr. Jack Tipping for provided us with a great presentation Saturday evening on why we need Tigers and where we need to go from here. Big thanks to the both of you.

Now we all can relax for a little bit and start putting the pieces together for next year that promises to be even bigger and better. Next year we will once again be teaming up with Mayfield Resort in September for our OPEN event. Friday the 7th will be setup and registration with the Tournament covering the 8th and 9th. Some have already made their reservation and if you know you’re going to attend you might what to do the same. The new owners, (Joy and Trent) are great people have offered some good rates so be sure to tell them your fishing the September Tournament when you call. Make sure to follow us for updates...

Thanks again everyone and we’ll see you all next year in September..

Norm Dillon
Attachments
087.JPG
087.JPG (101.98 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
086.jpg
086.jpg (130.72 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
085.JPG
085.JPG (148.73 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;