Summer Run MetalHeads

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fear_no_fish
Captain

RE:Summer Run MetalHeads

Post by fear_no_fish » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 am

nice fish, way to go :bom:
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:24 am

Way to go Gringo. My friend got skunked at Reiters today
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:46 pm

I was up at reiter for the opener and broke off on a sweet spunky summer run. Since then I have gone out and bought some good line for leaders. I was using ten pound test and there is no way my drag even goes to 8. It was very frusterating. But I did get two chinook down below, I fished the high water in monroe and got lucky. By the time I got to Reiter, the morning crowd was leaving. I probably saw some of you guys up there, but didn't recognize you! A lot of regulars up there and it was surprisingly peaceful. I can't wait to get up there again.

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:26 pm

was AT the nooch today my dad and i each cuaght 1 dont how to upload pic on forum but check ut my report.
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Way to go boys, keep em comin!
"One more......."

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:38 pm

I got another on Sunday - nice bright buck about 8#. I didn't get a pic BUT I did get it (from bobber down to the stringer) on HD wide screen video!:cheers: I picked up some editing software over the weekend and got my youtube account set up. Now I just gotta sit down and figure out how to work the software and I can start posting em up:compress:
Last edited by Gringo Pescador on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 pm

OK so I got skunked today - 6 hours and nothing to show for it. So I came home and figured out how to upload videos to You Tube. Here is my 1st ever Go Pro HD video showcasing 3 of my summer run catches for this season.

The 1st two clips are show with from a chest mount and with the waterproof case on. Figured out quick that pretty much all you see is my hands and the waterproof case really muffles the sound. That 1st fish - man looking back I kept thinking "what the H**** was I doing? I shouldn't have gotten that fish!" I missed the 1st net attempt and then he got the leader wrapped around a root, so I had to net him and snap the leader in one swoop.

The last clip is a headmount (kind of like the headlamp lights), with the vented case (better sound).

Now I want to figure out how to do slow-mo, for when I get some good arial footage and try putting soundtracks so you don't have to listen to me talk to myself!

Any hints or tips are welcome!
Enjoy!

Last edited by Gringo Pescador on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Knox
Petty Officer

Post by Knox » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 am

cool video gringo

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:09 am

Wow gringo, very neat perspective for a fishing video.. I like it

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:12 am

Cant wait to see a hawg make aerial leaps. Awesome seeing a Curado in action. Thanks for the video Gringo.
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:12 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:OK so I got skunked today - 6 hours and nothing to show for it. So I came home and figured out how to upload videos to You Tube. Here is my 1st ever Go Pro HD video showcasing 3 of my summer run catches for this season.

The 1st two clips are show with from a chest mount and with the waterproof case on. Figured out quick that pretty much all you see is my hands and the waterproof case really muffles the sound. That 1st fish - man looking back I kept thinking "what the H**** was I doing? I shouldn't have gotten that fish!" I missed the 1st net attempt and then he got the leader wrapped around a root, so I had to net him and snap the leader in one swoop.

The last clip is a headmount (kind of like the headlamp lights), with the vented case (better sound).

Now I want to figure out how to do slow-mo, for when I get some good arial footage and try putting soundtracks so you don't have to listen to me talk to myself!

Any hints or tips are welcome!
Enjoy!

SUUUHHHWEET Gringo Pescador! U R onto something there. Dang looked like there musta been a nice litte slot at the very tail of the drift with those 1st 2. Nice to see U could actually get a full drift in too:cheers: Man, summer runs, nice weather, and light crowds... Living the life:) I'll be watching that again breaktime at work tomorrow for sure LOL.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:21 pm

knotabassturd wrote: Nice to see U could actually get a full drift in too:cheers:
The one thing about the thing filming in widescreen format that is really cool for some things and not for others are that, like your rear view mirror - things are closer than they appear. All three of those were float & jig, but unless you have a BIG screen and really look, you cannot see the float. I was really hoping you would be able to see the bobber-down. There is a setting on the camera that records in a more standard width, I am going to try it next time out.

knotabassturd wrote: I'll be watching that again breaktime at work tomorrow for sure LOL.
And be carefull knot - big brother is always watching:cyclopsan

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:OK so I got skunked today - 6 hours and nothing to show for it. So I came home and figured out how to upload videos to You Tube. Here is my 1st ever Go Pro HD video showcasing 3 of my summer run catches for this season.

[h]Any hints or tips are welcome!
[/h]Enjoy!

All depends on how much yuo want to spend..... If it's along the lines of Zero then if you have a Mac there is a prog that comes with the OS can't think of the name... In XP it's Windows Movie Maker and Win& or Vista its Windows Live Movie Maker. Just download it. It's pretty easy.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Bodofish wrote: All depends on how much yuo want to spend..... If it's along the lines of Zero then if you have a Mac there is a prog that comes with the OS can't think of the name... In XP it's Windows Movie Maker and Win& or Vista its Windows Live Movie Maker. Just download it. It's pretty easy.
Thanks Bodo - I did some research and I ended up buying Adobe Premier 9. I have a PC and it already has Windows Movie Maker on it, but the GoPro records in MP4 H.264 which Movie Maker couldn't handle. There is stuff out there I could have downloaded to convert it so that I could use Movie Maker, but Adobe was just $70 with a rebate and does it all for you.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:31 am

GP- I can make out bobber down on the 3rd one. Good stuff! Good fun watching that:) Oops, time to get back to work:-" Hope we get some more WaLakers using that cam.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:20 am

:thumright great job out their Gringo!

i'm getting out on the sky this weekend i hope
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:40 am

Had to work an little extra on Tuesday night, but it meant I was able to bug out early today and hit the river for a bit:cheers: Didn't get any video today, it was raining too hard. But I did get two to the bank, 1st one was just barely 20" let him go to grow a little. 2nd one - BONK
Attachments
IMG_1955m.jpg
IMG_1955m.jpg (96.59 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:15 am

Was able to sneak out today and catch my first summer runs for the year.
Attachments
Skykomish-20110714-00020.JPG
Skykomish-20110714-00020.JPG (142.07 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
Last edited by kzoo on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:17 am

Sweet video Gringo! The fisheye does make it interesting, especially when you grab the net and it looks like the fish is still half a mile away. I like fishing the section of the river, I've probably seen you out there and just didn't recognize you. I get a lot of fishermen yellin out "yo natetreat!"

Kzoo, great fish! The bottom one looks nice and meaty! See you guys out there.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 am

way to go kzoo and everybody else. and i have found a new area i am gonna start hitting very very hard.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU