Fishing in the rain!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Fishing in the rain!

Post by the1fishingpro » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:33 pm

How many of you, brave the weather and go fishing in the rain? I've tested the bass fishing in the rain a couple times each year, but I've found that only top water lures have worked. Tried Jigs Yesterday when It Showered but got no success, plus even threw the Ol Buzzer and Spinner bait and got nothing. I understand that Its way different when going off bank compared to boating, but I need some help to figure out which lures and Techniques work the best. Anyone got any opinions?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If in doubt set the hook!

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

RE:Fishing in the rain!

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:02 pm

Is this a real post or are you just playing around again!
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 pm

100% All real Question, I swear!

Lyndon
Petty Officer

Post by Lyndon » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:18 pm

To me I think that bottom lures work best in the rain but that is just my opinion. I think that if you use a top water lure in the rain then it is harder for the bass to hear the commotion because the rain is covering it up that is why I use stuff like spinnerbaits and Krankbaits when it rains.

Judge Wapner
Petty Officer

Post by Judge Wapner » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:27 pm

My ruling the1fishingpro is that you are not mature enough to be on this board. For one, you are asking questions just to ask them. Stop and read awhile. Don't post, just read. Two, you are downgrading the quality of this site and the intellect of everyone on it. When I witness you posting a reply to a topic I can't help but to chuckle. We all know that you have not fished long enough or caught enough fish to know anything about what you are saying and it shows. Your intelligence in bass fishing is far less than what you feel it is. I sentence you to stop, look and listen. If you continue on this route of stupidity posting I will find you completely and utterly hopeless.
Why is it that one can't come without the other? Lyndon and the1fishingpro, the1fishingpro and Lyndon. You two should be locked in a cell together and answer each others question there. You two should create your own board and just leave this one alone.
Another option that I could suggest for you is to just go away. That would help the quality of this site and I feel the majority would be thankful. Cased closed.
You don't need to reply to this because whatever you post will not be thought out and will make you sound even more immature, proving my statement correct.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:33 pm

You know...... You could just stop reading my Threads and leave it at that. You Dont have to Diss and try to make me feel bad as such. I understand what I did was wrong and I know that It will take time before you fellow guys forgive me, but untill then... Im just going to pretend like nothing ever happened and go on with Fishing in General.
Maybe it is you that should Keep your mouth closed.

Lyndon
Petty Officer

Post by Lyndon » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:39 pm

First of all you are a complete idiot and you dont know what you are talking about at all. I didn't do anything so why am I in the conversation at all. If anybody should be takin off the site it should be people like you that want to downgrade people. The1fishing pro said he was sorry multiple times and there is no reason to carry on this subject any longer. People like you cause the problems because they dont know when enough is enough. When you grow up and you are a big boy then you can think about the situation and realize that you are wrong. Be the mature person and drop all this. Obviously, nobody on this site knows it all about bass fishing because nobody would have got on this site in the first place.

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Guys, really, is this necessary?

My only suggestion is to go through the forum (all of it, not just the past month) and read what people have said. There's lots of knowledge that's been put into this forum. Although I can't recall if someone has asked this specific question.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:37 pm

Almost everyone fishes in the rain, look where we live. Rain reduces light in the water and fish don't hug cover as tight. What to use? Depends on the water temperature. Research which lures work best at certain temps and which ones don't work well and go from there. Buzzbait or jig? How warm is the water.

Clue: Look a Dave Newby's posts, he usually lists water temps and what he had success with. It's a good start.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Judge Wapner wrote:My ruling the1fishingpro is that you are not mature enough to be on this board. For one, you are asking questions just to ask them. Stop and read awhile. Don't post, just read. Two, you are downgrading the quality of this site and the intellect of everyone on it. When I witness you posting a reply to a topic I can't help but to chuckle. We all know that you have not fished long enough or caught enough fish to know anything about what you are saying and it shows. Your intelligence in bass fishing is far less than what you feel it is. I sentence you to stop, look and listen. If you continue on this route of stupidity posting I will find you completely and utterly hopeless.
Why is it that one can't come without the other? Lyndon and the1fishingpro, the1fishingpro and Lyndon. You two should be locked in a cell together and answer each others question there. You two should create your own board and just leave this one alone.
Another option that I could suggest for you is to just go away. That would help the quality of this site and I feel the majority would be thankful. Cased closed.
You don't need to reply to this because whatever you post will not be thought out and will make you sound even more immature, proving my statement correct.
ROFL!!!

IN b4 the LOCk!

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:21 pm

wow, wow, wow judge wapner, what in the whole wide world makes you want to be a jerk to the1fishingpro? he asked a honest question and stated that he was 100% honest that he was truthfully asking a question. why is everybody so quik to be mad instead of being quik to forgive? i thought this whole thing was over until you brought it back up again! cant we just forgive and forget?
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:16 pm

Hey Mike or Aaron I think we need you guys to interject on this one too. I will admit what Judge Wapner said was funny. LOL. But seriously if this is a real question than I think cavdad45 has your best answer yet. If the question is not serious than I hope that someone ends this.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:25 pm

as always cavdad45 gives some of the best advice, how come the1fishingpro is getting a bad rap now?? he asked a question and he gets black balled for it! either be cool like cavdad45 and mallard83 or mind your won bussiness
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:39 pm

What the heck is going on here? I Just ask a couple questions... Tell you that Im 100% telling the truth and all you guys on this website are Going Wacko? Just calm down for a sec!

Stop making this a Bad Thread because this is Totally a good one! There is no reason For Mike or Aaron to have to Lock this one up just because a couple ppl start acting up. Lets get back to Fishing in the Rain and Pretend that No1 name called or anything. We need to start acting like Sportsman and stop acting like 6th graders (haha got this 1 from you fellow guys). I want to be able to be friends with all of you fisherman, even you Judge. If you ppl continue to talk about me and my last Thread. Then whats the point of making any other threads. If you with to talk about me and how badly I messed up. Make a Thread about me. Call it the1fishingpro. But Dont Get onto anymore of my threads and continue to name call and push me around. I am very sorry and have learnt my lesson from last time. I am never going to post a Question that I dont need help with. You can count on that.

I dont want to be apart of this Thread if no1 wishes to talk about Fishing in the rain.

Cavdad... Thx for the info, Dave Newby is a swell guy and Has a lot of Knowledge too. I will go through the Silver Lake Reports and see what info I can find throughout all of Dave's Posts. I hope you are still considering me a friends rather than a Foe.

The1fishingpro

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:48 pm

danielt wrote:
Judge Wapner wrote:My ruling the1fishingpro is that you are not mature enough to be on this board. For one, you are asking questions just to ask them. Stop and read awhile. Don't post, just read. Two, you are downgrading the quality of this site and the intellect of everyone on it. When I witness you posting a reply to a topic I can't help but to chuckle. We all know that you have not fished long enough or caught enough fish to know anything about what you are saying and it shows. Your intelligence in bass fishing is far less than what you feel it is. I sentence you to stop, look and listen. If you continue on this route of stupidity posting I will find you completely and utterly hopeless.
ROFL!!!

IN b4 the LOCk!
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:52 pm

hey im still trying to figure this thing out ok so D.T. you wanna fish before the snow comes or during the snow im game rain shine snow sleet hail its all about the adventure.... fisherman up nothing should stop us C-N-R

Team OLYBOYZ

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:38 am

I agree with the judge. You guys seem to post to just try and gain respect back after what happened with your last thread. You guys think this is a joke, it's not. It's the internet kids, not your playspace.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:43 am

SPARKY101 wrote:hey im still trying to figure this thing out ok so D.T. you wanna fish before the snow comes or during the snow im game rain shine snow sleet hail its all about the adventure.... fisherman up nothing should stop us C-N-R
Man you dont even know we went out yesterday and got dumped on! I dont mind the bad weather too so we should try to plan for next weekend. Im thinking black lake or something a little closer?

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:41 am

danielt wrote:
SPARKY101 wrote:hey im still trying to figure this thing out ok so D.T. you wanna fish before the snow comes or during the snow im game rain shine snow sleet hail its all about the adventure.... fisherman up nothing should stop us C-N-R
Man you dont even know we went out yesterday and got dumped on! I dont mind the bad weather too so we should try to plan for next weekend. Im thinking black lake or something a little closer?

ANY SATURDAY IS USUALLY 80% OPEN FOR ME YOU CALLED ON BLACK LAKE THEN THATS COOL NEVER HAVE FISHED IT IN THE FALL SO IT WILL BE NEW AT LEAST THERE WONT BE A MILLION SKIERES OUT THERE LET ME KNOW ON YOUR STANDINGS LATER ON IN THE WEEK C-N-R ALL THE TIME

Team OLYBOYZ

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:17 am

I thought what judge had to say was hilarious! I don't know what the 2 guys did, guess I missed something. Anybody want to fill me in? By the way, if the conditions are calm with rain, I've always had real good luck with topwaters especially hula poppers and buzz baits given they provide some extra noise and commotion over the rain. If the conditions are just plain nasty try spinnerbaits.