Puyallup River Get-Together!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
knotabassturd
Captain

RE:Puyallup River Get-Together!

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Hmmm, not sure I can make it but will keep that date in the head as it gets closer.

With pinks in the river, I'm guessing their mouths may be a bit softer so the 50 pound braid and stout pool cue fishing rod may have to stay home... But I don't own a decent noodle rod/reel combo either. Guess I could just watch jens jealously LOL.
Or maybe bring the fly rod and mess up everyone's drift heh heh. Flylines work AWESOME for flo... I mean catching if U get the right sink tip speed :-" :-" #-o :-$ .

Anyway sounds like a lot of fun but not sure I can make it at this juncture.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Well Turd lol if ya wanna show up I got extra trout rods Im sure we can hook ya up with. I mean we dont need ya rippin lips or messin up drifts now.
More fish please!

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 am

I may have to work, but if I can swing it, I'll be there!
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Steelheadman12
Petty Officer

Post by Steelheadman12 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:34 am

I might be game. Have to make sure I can get it off.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 am

knotabassturd wrote:Or maybe bring the fly rod and mess up everyone's drift heh heh.
Why not just throw a spinning reel on your fly rod? I've done it before for trout...

I will bring my drift gear, my preferred pink setup is a 10.5' ML float rod, 8#braid mainline, 6#leader & 1/4oz pink jig. Cast - twitch twitch twitch...
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:57 am

I just looked at the online regs. Did anybody noticed that the entire river is closed on certain days? It just sucks that its on my off days from work.
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:01 am

returnofthefish wrote:I just looked at the online regs. Did anybody noticed that the entire river is closed on certain days? It just sucks that its on my off days from work.
I'll have to look and see if the river is closed on the chosen date. #-o
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 am

just checked the regs, and the puke's open on the 26th of aug.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:32 am

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:Notice!:

Friday , August 26th Sound Good?

If you have to work that day, call in sick, and go fishin ! [thumbup]
dang, working. maybe I can get it off.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Fish_Bait111397 wrote:Notice!:

Friday , August 26th Sound Good?

If you have to work that day, call in sick, and go fishin ! [thumbup]
dang, working. maybe I can get it off.
I could do a half day at work and show up with some buds. Sat is better but fri works.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 pm

returnofthefish wrote:I just looked at the online regs. Did anybody noticed that the entire river is closed on certain days? It just sucks that its on my off days from work.
From what I understand, they close it on the days that the tribes are netting. This came about from the last pink-fest in which the bank fishermen and the tribes weren't playing nice. 1st words, then rocks, then fists, and on and on it goes#-o So the WDFW said ok - you can't play nice - you cant play together at all.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Mike Carey wrote:This calls for a video if guys are cool with that.
Just getting the hang of it and working out the bugs right now, but I should have Gringo-cam mounted up and ready to roll by then!:bball:

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Would a saturday be better for most people?
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

:thumleft: the saturday would be better for me as well and it opened on that day:thumright
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:Would a saturday be better for most people?
Saturday is going to be better for those of us that have weekends off. BUT you are also going to have more pressure on the river on a Saturday too.

You also want to time it so that the fish have enough time to get up to where you are fishing AFTER the nets are pulled out of the water. In other words, if the nets are out Tues-Thurs and pulled Thursday afternoon - will any fish be able to make to the spot you are fishing by Friday morning (this is just an example, I have no idea what the netting schedules are, where they net on the puke, or how far up the system we are fishing)?
Last edited by Gringo Pescador on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Im not sure my work schedule but I wouldnt mind showing up if I can. I used to fish the Carbon and the Stuk.The puke always looks so silted.Fridays are rough for me but Saturdays I'm free.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

EAmon___hoffman123
Warrant Officer

Post by EAmon___hoffman123 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 pm

gringo is rite. it will similiar to reiter this morning:-({|=
Fishing is cool. FOOLS

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Good idea GP on the fly rod. Could just use a 5 wt and throw a spinning reel on it. Would be like a trout noodle rod:)
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Notice!: 1st of all sorry for guys that have already saved the date.
But from what I understand a saturday is going to make the oppurtunity open to more people.
Saturday, August 27th. FINAL.

Jerry H
Warrant Officer

Post by Jerry H » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Saturday#-o . Good thing we will be bringing our own platoon to the combat fishery the more back up the better. To get enough space we may need to camp out Friday night. The indians get their own days for the whole river maybe the state could reserve Washington Lakes a 100 yards of river bank for the day.:) :)