Haller Lake

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishingboy
Commander

Haller Lake

Post by fishingboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:35 am

Just wondering how bass fishing is in the lake! Anybody catching decent ones? Hows the Lilly pads? Are they full growth?
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Haller Lake

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 am

Patrick, I haven't been to Haller in 3-4 weeks, so can't say. But bitter is really in it's prime I think. I left a report just now.:-"
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:06 am

How did you do Quad? and I cant figure out Bitter! What should I be using and where should i find the bass out of Bitter?
Largemouth:

Smallmouth:

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 am

large dark Senkos, wacky rigged. Ithink you have a tube now if I remember correctly??
sit about 30' out from the lilly pad line, and pitch your wacky rigged Senkos to the edge of the lillies. I do best fishing off a solid patch of lillies, not throwing it to loose spread out lillies. Do go on the first section of lillies across from the Park. Also do well at the far end of the lake pitching to those lillies. Good luck.

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Wut is the water temp for both lakes?
Largemouth:

Smallmouth:

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:14 pm

fishingboy wrote:Wut is the water temp for both lakes?
I don't get into all that temp stuff unless I was wondering about spawning, but we're past all that. If you are wondering about whether to wear waders or not..... I can tell you that I was wearing shorts only in Bitter last night. I was up til 1:00 am. with the worst swimmer's itch you can imagine.

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fishmanchris
Angler

Post by fishmanchris » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:34 am

Never go wader-less in a lake or body of water with a large population of geese/ducks. I saw QF's first post and thought "that is gonna suck in a few hours" then 2nd post..

BTW I am "new" to fishing washington lakes for bass. Fished in So. Cal where I grew up for a long time. Lakes here are quite a bit different than down south. I fish from a float tube and am down to fish with other people.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:54 am

fishmanchris wrote:Never go wader-less in a lake or body of water with a large population of geese/ducks. I saw QF's first post and thought "that is gonna suck in a few hours" then 2nd post..

BTW I am "new" to fishing washington lakes for bass. Fished in So. Cal where I grew up for a long time. Lakes here are quite a bit different than down south. I fish from a float tube and am down to fish with other people.

I too fished So Cal until I moved here 21 years ago. I float tube as well. I'm usually open Mon or Tues...let me know if you wanna head this direction some time
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:32 am

The Quadfather wrote:
fishingboy wrote:Wut is the water temp for both lakes?
I don't get into all that temp stuff unless I was wondering about spawning, but we're past all that. If you are wondering about whether to wear waders or not..... I can tell you that I was wearing shorts only in Bitter last night. I was up til 1:00 am. with the worst swimmer's itch you can imagine.
Quad I know it`s not funny but you gave me a good laugh this morning when I read this. I haven`t had the itch in years but I remember it.