*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is......

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is.......

Post by fishnislife » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:57 pm

Way to bring the heat Gisteppo!
And some nice fish to boot. To answer your question, I'd prefer the crappie. WOW! Your not messing around.
I know this contest is going to start getting busy real soon. Keep'em coming.
Don't forget to make reports as you guys post.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 pm

fishnislife wrote:Way to bring the heat Gisteppo!
And some nice fish to boot. To answer your question, I'd prefer the crappie. WOW! Your not messing around.
I know this contest is going to start getting busy real soon. Keep'em coming.
Don't forget to make reports as you guys post.

fishnislife
Now, I know that you guys are talking about the first one with all 5. Some friends and I went out this morning before work and I caught Perch, Bass, and Pikeminnow. So, that could be 3. But the big difference between me and Gisteppo, one of his fish would eat all of mine for a snack. It's not hard to get just the fish, it'd be hard to get all BIG ones. Of course, those on the water have the advantage over us on the bank (or at work :bounce:). Perhaps the next contest like this one would be those who can get all 5 and the combined weight would win the grand prize, with other prizes for the biggest species (or the smallest, which ever). I'm just saying, I would feel funny for winning while 4 of the 5 were just small fish knowing people waited to post with big fish.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:46 pm

(Stalling)

Hey! where's the o-tay on that pikeminnow? :scratch:
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 pm

Dang fine fish; wish I'd have seen this thread earlier, I'd be three deep, workin on the fourth and fifth. We'll see what tomorrow brings.....hopefully. I'll be fishing a lake I've never fished.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:08 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could say that Im working hard to catch big fish, but its just the locations we hit that hold them. That and time on the water is paramount.

If you REALLY want me to catch another squaw with an o-tay, I suppose there might be another one in Long. Just maybe..... Would you like a picture of an otay with 10 NPM? :compress:

Im in oregon this weekend with neither boat nor pole. I did buy some dough gob hooks for the carp fishing, though we will see how that goes.

Whos up next? Want to put together a side deal for total poundage? Itll be owned by whoever gets the biggest carp (25 lbs isnt uncommon in long lake) and the biggest cat.

E

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:03 pm

nice crappie Gisteppo!

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:40 pm

All right it's on I got 2 done trout and my first LM Bass, even though it was a dink.
Attachments
P9300004.JPG
P9300004.JPG (379.98 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:56 pm

Not that I stand much chance, but here's my bass. I fished for a muskie and carp too, but to takers.
Attachments
smallie_otay.JPG
smallie_otay.JPG (193.43 KiB) Viewed 1970 times

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Dilbert...NICE looking bass!!!

Derrick...congrats on the LMB, it's all over now...after your first it's like taking candy from a baby (LMAO)...go get'em buddy.

So what's the overall tally??? Anyone know??
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:42 pm

bassackwards wrote:
So what's the overall tally??? Anyone know??
Ya, I'll post it up after the game tonight.
Nice job guys. Keep'em coming. Who will pull this one off?

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:49 pm

dilbert, what a picture! That's the Northwest fishing experience right there, rain and all! Good job.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:28 pm

Here are the current tallies for the anglers who have posted reports and pics:

Iskiles
trout

Gisteppo
panfish
Wildcard - Squawfish

Derrick-k
trout
bass

dilbert
bass

Nice job so far fellas.

fishnislife

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:54 pm

Well Dilbert has been all over me to join WL.com so here I am. I was out with him today and also scored a Bass, not anything to brag about, but a bass. Well actually, if I had to brag, I would say that I caught it after making a "First Catch Of The Day" bet with him. Did I mention this was caught on the first cast of the day??? Maybe next time Dilbert. Hope to add a Carp to the list one day, just have to figure out how to hide a some fishing gear in my golf bag! :-$
Attachments
wetassbass.jpg
wetassbass.jpg (188.85 KiB) Viewed 1932 times

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:10 pm

2000subaru wrote:Hope to add a Carp to the list one day, just have to figure out how to hide a some fishing gear in my golf bag! :-$
Maybe fishnislife will share some of his golf course ninja fishing secrets...:-"

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:31 pm

dilbert wrote:
2000subaru wrote:Hope to add a Carp to the list one day, just have to figure out how to hide a some fishing gear in my golf bag! :-$
Maybe fishnislife will share some of his golf course ninja fishing secrets...:-"
If you don't have a pass or permission to be there.............go late, real late. For carp use corn and light line.
As you can see a lot of my ninja pix are at night. If you see me and my boys on a coarse during the day, we had permission to be there.
But as bad and illegal as it my be, we jumped walls, snuck through yards, ran from security and hid out behind walls but the only harm we were doing was fishing. We would never vandilize anything and we always were as quite as possible. (if you want to give me the whole trespassing speech you can save your fingers, I've already heard it)

If any of you have been on the boards down in Southern Cali like the FishingNetwork or SaltwaterBastards you would know us as the C.C.B.A.
Good times.

fishnislife
Attachments
CCBAlogo121.jpg
CCBAlogo121.jpg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:46 pm

fishnislife wrote:
dilbert wrote:
If you don't have a pass or permission to be there.............go late, real late. For carp use corn and light line.
As you can see a lot of my ninja pix are at night. If you see me and my boys on a coarse during the day, we had permission to be there.
But as bad and illegal as it my be, we jumped walls, snuck through yards, ran from security and hid out behind walls but the only harm we were doing was fishing. We would never vandilize anything and we always were as quite as possible. (if you want to give me the whole trespassing speech you can save your fingers, I've already heard it)

If any of you have been on the boards down in Southern Cali like the FishingNetwork or SaltwaterBastards you would know us as the C.C.B.A.
Good times.

fishnislife
Freakin sweet.I allready have a visual picture of ducking and dashing away from security.Question,did you ever get caught what was the % of getaways to captures.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:33 am

That's great stuff!! My buddy and I used to do that at a golf course near Memphis. Got caught a couple times by a Shelby County Deputy who would take his little notepad out and swap fishing stories with us. The notepad was out in case some of those golfers were watching. That same deputy later joined our bass club and my church. Good times.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:20 pm

Alright, two bits of info:

Firstly, The Thumb would like to join in the festivities. He and I are fishing together every time I go out, so he wants in. One of his photos was the same night I caught my crappie, but since he wasn't throwin an O-tay, the call is yours whether they count, fellow competitors.

Here are his entries:

Panfish; Crappie (again, its your call if this counts for his panfish. We can catch another tomorrow night if you prefer):

Bass; Smallie:

Secondly, I added a fish to my collection:

Bass; Smallie:

So for the record:

Gisteppo:

trout
panfish X
bass X
carp
catfish

wildcard X

The Thumb:

trout
panfish X (pending approval)
bass X
carp
catfish

wildcard

This is pretty entertaining! Oh and thats the biggest bass Ive ever caught!

E

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:51 pm

Gisteppo, nice smallie man. I'm glad your buddy is getting in on all the fun. I will have to say that you have to be pictured with an o-tay sign. If I slip on one rule than I'll be asked to slip on another. We'll stick with the rules to make it fair across the board. Keep it up, as far as I can tell you guys have the momentum right now. A couple more outings and you guys could seal this thing up.
I am though, looking for a dark horse coming out of the shadows to suprise us all.
Keep it up guys and get those reports and pics in.

fishnislife

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:55 pm

I need to start fish'n with Gisteppo! Holy crappie, man...