new to fishing washington?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
aznfluteboy
Angler

new to fishing washington?

Post by aznfluteboy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Okay, I am going to stay in blaine in july, and hoping to do some fishing up there. though I mainly fish largemouth bass, my favorite fish are smallmouth. But know that I have to shore fish since I cannot obviously bring a boat with me that I don't have.
So, does anybody know the best smallmouth fishery that is within an hour from blaine and easy to fish from the shore? Any lure recommendations will help too.

kzoo
Commodore

RE:new to fishing washington?

Post by kzoo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm

try posting this in the bass section.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:24 pm

kzoo wrote:try posting this in the bass section.
Moved
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

AaronW
Warrant Officer

Post by AaronW » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Shore fishing for SMB can be tough in Whatcom County. Lake Whatcom and Samish are the main SMB lakes I fished when I lived there... there are several parks on Lake Whatcom and a few on Samish.

Up North near Blaine you have many good LMB lakes including Tennant and Terrell. I've never shore fished those lakes though so I cannot help you there. In July you can catch anything off topwater in those two shallow lakes. Try a frog or buzzbait.

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:41 pm

You should also put a post on the fishin buddies thread. I dont live up north, but I concure about smallie fishing in July from shore is gonna be tough. You might find a morning and evening topwater bite close to shore, but other than that, it'll be tough. Depending on when in July you will be here, if your willing to drive south, get ahold of me and I'll take you out.

aznfluteboy
Angler

Post by aznfluteboy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 pm

So it looks like largemouth bass fishing is what I am doing, so terrell or tennant, and any spots etc that can be of use? Any help is appreciated

AaronW
Warrant Officer

Post by AaronW » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:22 am

Wiser lake is also a good one from what I hear. Sorry I cannot be more details on shore fishing here. I know that Tennant has a long boardwalk so there should be decent water access.