Lake Washington Perch - June?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
DanH
Angler

Lake Washington Perch - June?

Post by DanH » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to take my kids and nephew fishing in the next few weeks. I was thinking of Lake Washington for perch as I have read it can be good action - keep them interested.

Anyway, I'm wondering if this is a good time of year to go after them? I understand they school up at certain times of the year. I'm basically a newbie at fishing the lakes - I grew up fishing the sound. So, I'm open to any suggestions (locations, how to find them, etc.). I am also close to Lake Sammamish if that is a good option. I have a boat - so anyplace on either lake is an option.

Thanks for your help.

DanH
Angler

RE:Lake Washington Perch - June?

Post by DanH » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Just found this post:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... ngton.aspx

It was in an odd spot. Very good information.

If anyone else has any tips I'm open!!!

10Key
Petty Officer

Post by 10Key » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Look for the first weed line from the bank, fish the outside (deep water edge) with nightcrawlers or fish meat. If you aren't getting bit within 10 minutes, move. Keep doing this and you will find perch.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 pm

I would give it another two weeks before giving it a go in Lake Washington for perch. I was out last weekend and found that the fish had just spawned, are quite skinny and not fully schooled together. I'm betting soon there will be dead post spawn stickleback floating about the lake, which will kick start the summer fish fest!

DanH
Angler

Post by DanH » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks for the information. I'll probably give it another week. With young kids, the action has to be fast.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”