What have you had fall in the water from your boat or float tube??

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
rjn cajun
Captain

RE:What have you had fall in the water from your boat or float tube??

Post by rjn cajun » Tue May 31, 2011 1:18 am

Amx wrote:
rjn cajun wrote:Your hired I`ll show ya next time we`re out on the lake.:bounce:
Are you talking about Gary's $400 rod and reel that his friend/family member lost? That one had a fish on the end of it. No telling how far off the fish towed it. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... s/eeek.gif]5[/img]
Nope another one a guy lost last year actually two different guys. One close to the same place and the other dierectly across the lake from that in deeper water.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 am

OK,,,, I'm going to read that "released" as in released of it's/their burden to inflict damage upon salmon smolts. You might get a ticket for feeding the wildlife though if'n that eagle makes a habit of picking up your "released" pike minnows.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue May 31, 2011 1:28 am

MarkFromSea wrote:OK,,,, I'm going to read that "released" as in released of it's/their burden to inflict damage upon salmon smolts. You might get a ticket for feeding the wildlife though if'n that eagle makes a habit of picking up your "released" pike minnows.
Hey, we released the fish into the water. What the eagles do with the fish I have no control of. :) We didn't call out, "Here Eagle Eagle". [lol]
Tom.

Interests: living

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Tue May 31, 2011 1:46 am

You're bustin my gut! LOL Next time ya should try calling out "here Baldy Baldy" LOL It would sure impress your passenger if the eagle shows... LOL
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue May 31, 2011 2:08 am

If I call, "Here Baldy Baldy", I may show up. 8-[
Tom.

Interests: living

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:46 am

Amx wrote:If I call, "Here Baldy Baldy", I may show up. 8-[
You cant lose than right? Either baldy or baldy will show up haha.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Tue May 31, 2011 10:37 am

MarkFromSea wrote:You're bustin my gut! LOL Next time ya should try calling out "here Baldy Baldy" LOL It would sure impress your passenger if the eagle shows... LOL
Hold on a minnute that`s not funny.8-[ I` m pretty sure I`ve never posted a pic of my face or head. Just a good guess.#-o

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Post by yooper_fisher » Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

I have also been lucky enough to not have lost anything overboard... yet. I have however been lucky enough to land a couple landing nets, a fish pole, and numerous lures that other people have dropped over the side (one of which was my dad's favorite rapala that he had lost the day before).

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Does lures flying off the end of the line count?

Also lost my keys in 30 ft of water on Tapps once and Jr dropped a WalMart special ($19.95) rod/reel combo in there.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue May 31, 2011 4:37 pm

I lost my glasses during Sockeys season.Cellphone,rods reels,binoculars.Its amazing how quick things sink.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue May 31, 2011 8:18 pm

I dropped my ultralight into Greenlake from my canoe, but was actually able to grab it before it got out of reach, arm got wet but I didn't lose it or fall out of the canoe:cheers:
When I was about 7 I "dropped" my old zebco combo on the bank after casting out so I could catch a garter snake, as I was walking back to it, snake in hand, I saw it ZIP right out into the lake - we were fishing for carp...
Last edited by Gringo Pescador on Tue May 31, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Tue May 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Over the years I have managed to lose 5 rod and reels to the bottom of Baker lake. Also the collection of hats and the occasional sandwich when the reel starts screaming.
Found items are two ski ropes, one from sammamish and one from sawyer, and one bikini top that had been in the water for some time.:)

fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Post by fullstringer98 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:29 pm

My phone and my best rod....at the same time a couple months ago
Diehard 'Hawks fan

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Tue May 31, 2011 10:37 pm

I had a trout yank a flyrod out of the boat up in British Columbia back in 1996. I stewed and fretted about it most of the night. Good news was I found it the next day. Fish broke the fly off and the line floated up to the surface. I didn't take my hands off of it for the rest of the trip

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:25 am

Had a cat fish rip my favorite multi tool right out my hands, still havent replaced them haha #-o
Besides that i dont think ive really dropped anything..
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

yooper_fisher
Lieutenant

Post by yooper_fisher » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:26 pm

yooper_fisher wrote:I have also been lucky enough to not have lost anything overboard... yet.
I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Out on the lake a couple days ago I grabbed my fishing pole a bit aggressively and my rod holder went right into the lake. I did, however, get the fish.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:59 pm

This topic jensked me. I lost a carhart sweatshirt out of the boat today while cruising the speed limit.:-" 50$ down the drain and I only wore it a couple times.

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:05 am

Not just Washington, lol.

Anchor - bad tie job or something - went over the side fine - then noticed rope floating behind as the boat started off across lake in wind..

Rod and Reel - sitting by motor, back hand casting to avoid other passengers in boat -- line wrap during cast jerked reel handle out between fingers and thumb. Learned not to back hand cast. period.

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:52 am

About 12 years ago my dad had put on a cheapo rod holder in our big boat, or a downrigger, I forgot, when we were trolling for salmon, then of course off it went with the rod and reel while we were trolling. The thing that made it worse was that it was his fishing partner's rod and reel he was using while he wasn't on the boat.

When we went back to visit family in Vermont in like 1997 and we were fishing Lake Champlain during the night for catfish we almost lost a rod. I told my dad I was getting a bite then his big butt got in the way of the lantern and I couldn't see, then off went the fishing pole into the water. My dad went jumping in the water after it and actually got it back but the fish was gone. Not sure if it was a catfish or a sheepshead that was on it since it broke off.

Sounguru
Petty Officer

Post by Sounguru » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Not from a boat but...

Swafford Pond - We lost a pole and lawn chair fishing from shore. We went up to the truck to get a bite heard a drag splash and pole and lawn chair were making a beeline for deeper water.

Other than that I have not lost stuff in Washington now Oklahoma that is a totally different story.... :-"