Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassDood
Commander

RE:Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

Post by BassDood » Mon May 30, 2011 1:11 am

My run for more fish ended with a single fish today at 13 3/4 inches. Could only fish for a couple of hours before work this morning.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark Haley
Petty Officer

Post by Mark Haley » Mon May 30, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks rjn cajun, bassdood and markfromsea, I did try to fix the bait and went out for a couple of hours today from shore at Long Lake but only caught one about 8" long, the water level is down a couple of feet from last weak, the bite was really slow.

Did not have time today to run back out to Eloika Lake, thats were i wanted to be but i dont think the bait would have lasted anyway.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:31 am

The one time I made it out I forgot the sink n fools tape measure and card. Haha. I will still give the baits a shot next time out.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon May 30, 2011 1:42 am

Well it looks like

1) MarkFromSea - TOTAL - 169"
2) bassman101 - TOTAL - 152.5"

are the ones to win. I lost my last lure Thursday morning.

Congrats to the both of you for doing so good. It was fun and frustrating at the same time. Slow bites, and a dingy fish that stole my greenie right off the hook the second or third day of the tourney. Not to mention the possible 7 pounder I lost under a dock the evening of the first Sat/14th. A 7 pounder was caught by a guy just before I got there a couple days later. And the 2 pounder I couldn't count the first morning as the 'id card' blew out of the boat on the way to the lake. Oh well, that's the way it goes some times. [laugh]
Tom.

Interests: living

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon May 30, 2011 2:00 am

rjn cajun wrote:Maybe I should have took a pic and entered my squaw fish I caught today. I was just ashamed that was the only fish I caught in the tourny.
Dang you shoulda took a pix of it Cajun that woulda been a winner for sure. :)
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon May 30, 2011 4:31 am

Rjn, well heck yeah enter it! That would have been cool to see. Way to go Rock! Reports of Lake Campbell show plastics in the bellies of trout up there, apparently some trout like them. Awesome entry! I tried to get a catfish to bite in Stan, it did turn and look at it, then swam off, maybe 6 ft below the boat. LOL Should have spiced up the FnF bait with some blue gill strips or chicken liver. LOL
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon May 30, 2011 4:53 am

Just wanted to thank Mike and Rick for everything. Great job guys, congrats to all. Was a lot of fun and some nice fish were caught. I love the baits. I wanted to mention too...AMX said he had caught the same 2 pounder twice and wouldn't count it the second time. Says something about his character. Right on, Tom.
Last edited by BassDood on Mon May 30, 2011 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon May 30, 2011 5:54 am

Amx wrote:Well it looks like

1) MarkFromSea - TOTAL - 169"
2) bassman101 - TOTAL - 152.5"

are the ones to win. I lost my last lure Thursday morning.

Congrats to the both of you for doing so good. It was fun and frustrating at the same time. Slow bites, and a dingy fish that stole my greenie right off the hook the second or third day of the tourney. Not to mention the possible 7 pounder I lost under a dock the evening of the first Sat/14th. A 7 pounder was caught by a guy just before I got there a couple days later. And the 2 pounder I couldn't count the first morning as the 'id card' blew out of the boat on the way to the lake. Oh well, that's the way it goes some times. [laugh]
Thanks AMX! You Da Man! If I hadn't seen you catching fish I might not have tried another trip to Stan with the FNF baits. The first weekend of the tourney, I struck out at Stan Coffin and Red Rock on the FnF baits. The second weekend of the tourney the FNF baits worked awesome at Stan not so well at H Lake. I knew I had to start a job today installing ductwork, or lose the job, so, didn't head east for the weekend. Stan Coffin is 300 miles roundtrip from North Kirkland.
Last edited by MarkFromSea on Mon May 30, 2011 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon May 30, 2011 1:15 pm

We'll be posting up final tallies this evening. It's a working day for me...

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Robyn
Angler

Post by Robyn » Mon May 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Well, I tried !! I suck at bass fishin #-o LOL. Oh well, congrats to the winner (whom ever that may be!) Can't wait till this evening to see the winner.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon May 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Yea, I was out trying too. I didn't catch a single bass. I'm an awful bass fishermen now, props to those of you who can put fish in the boat, it's a skill for sure. Now watch, I'll put a bunch of fish now that the tourney's over, just my luck. I'm gonna go out and see if I can't find Peanut in Lake Washington again.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm alright at bass fishing, its fun if you know how ! :cheers:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon May 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Robyn wrote:Well, I tried !! I suck at bass fishin #-o LOL. Oh well, congrats to the winner (whom ever that may be!) Can't wait till this evening to see the winner.
[flapper]
Well Sweetheart[flapper] , I'll try to put ya on the fish if you could stand the discomfort of sleeping in the van or a tent for a couple nights [flapper] and long hours in the Lil Jon draggin and tossin some baits around! [flapper] It'd be like good ole times Baby!:sunny: [flapper]

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon May 30, 2011 6:12 pm

natetreat wrote:Yea, I was out trying too. I didn't catch a single bass. I'm an awful bass fishermen now, props to those of you who can put fish in the boat, it's a skill for sure. Now watch, I'll put a bunch of fish now that the tourney's over, just my luck. I'm gonna go out and see if I can't find Peanut in Lake Washington again.
Yeah, but I saw that chinook you caught yesterday on the Cowlitz. I'm soooooo jealous! Now that is a fight that I'm looking forward to again soon.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 31, 2011 6:56 pm

Amx has donated his PM to the next person on the list, which is:

BassDood

so BassDood, log out and then back in and you should see your Premium Membership "Members" tab.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:26 am

WOW! Thank you!