Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rjn cajun
Captain

RE:Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

Post by rjn cajun » Fri May 27, 2011 1:23 am

907fisher wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:So we have 4 days left, lot's of baits sent out but not so many posting - are you holding back, fished with no luck, or haven't fished? Just curious. Those that have posted have some pretty nice fish!

For some reason it seems like I couldn't catch aids with a dirty needle at this point. I don't know what's going on, It's not from lack of trying though.
That`s to funny. I havn`t heard that one before. Mike nope not holding on to any baits here just couldn`t hook up with any last week and work this week. Gonna try again over the weekend. I need to at least put one on the board.#-o

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:25 am

Work!!! Hoping to get out on saturday. Plan on putting on a clinic that day! Hoping for a 6 pounder a few 5s and a bunch under that. My buddy was at the pond yesterday and they are on beds. He also said he got one around 8, waiting for the pic though. Well see how it turns out I guess.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Mark Haley
Petty Officer

Post by Mark Haley » Fri May 27, 2011 1:34 am

Way to go MFS, nice catch, good to see more post for the derby same for rackjggr and bassdude, hopefuly i will be able to post more fish after this weekend, was out of town the first part of the week for work and now the wheather went bad with the cold front coming in, so ill see what happens.

Good luck to every body for the rest of the derby.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Fri May 27, 2011 5:14 am

I wasn't working when I entered so my thought was...I have plenty of days to fish. I started work right after and now my time is limited to one day a week of fishing. Wish I had more time, but oh well. It's fun and nice to be on the board and see others doing well. Hope to see more pics. Best of luck!
Last edited by BassDood on Fri May 27, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri May 27, 2011 6:55 am

rjn cajun wrote:Nice job MFS the board was looking pretty scarce with only AMX and Basser on there. If someone would have offered me the bet that no one was catching AMX I would have lost some $. You definetly established a great pattern. I think you should go back and catch another bag to put it away. AMX is gonna catch ya. Congrats again on a nice come back.
Thanks RJN & Bassman! It's still anyones game! Out of 40 entrants, I expected more entries on the board. I'm thinking that AMX is right about some waiting to post at the last moment or after the close of the catching period, no rule that I recall had a submission date requirement. Is/was there one? I posted as soon as I processed the photos. a couple days after I fished.
Last edited by MarkFromSea on Fri May 27, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Fri May 27, 2011 7:09 am

Although he is not part of the contest Michael McLeslie got this toad on the 6" Chartreuse Pepper Sink-N-Fool out of the Pend Orielle Riv. on Wed. He said he pitched it near a big laydown tree up near Riverbend, and the fish hammered it within 2 seconds of it hitting the water. It was 6 Pounds!! Nice fish Mikey!!!

Last edited by Fish-N-Fool on Fri May 27, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

907fisher
Petty Officer

Post by 907fisher » Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 pm

rjn cajun wrote:
907fisher wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:So we have 4 days left, lot's of baits sent out but not so many posting - are you holding back, fished with no luck, or haven't fished? Just curious. Those that have posted have some pretty nice fish!

For some reason it seems like I couldn't catch aids with a dirty needle at this point. I don't know what's going on, It's not from lack of trying though.
That`s to funny. I havn`t heard that one before. Mike nope not holding on to any baits here just couldn`t hook up with any last week and work this week. Gonna try again over the weekend. I need to at least put one on the board.#-o

Feel free to use it any time bud.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Fri May 27, 2011 10:07 pm

I can`t help but laugh when I read it. just the way you put it. Sounds like you were very discouraged.:joker:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat May 28, 2011 11:44 pm

bassman101 pulls into 2nd Place with today's fish entries!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Sun May 29, 2011 12:05 am

Good job Bassman. Glue them things together and go get em. This is getting interesting. It`s a close score after a very slow start.

rockjiggr
Warrant Officer

Post by rockjiggr » Sun May 29, 2011 12:54 am

Hit up Summit this morning. Odd day there with very little wind and surprisingly very few people on the lake in the morning. Could not connect with many bass today though.

Did get one very large and feisty trout, about 18", on the pearl Sink-N-Fool but it was foul hooked in the gill. The fish thrashed and ripped that already damaged, reglued, rubber banded, and delicately hooked lure to shreds. That makes about 6 fish on the pearl one for me but only one qualifier on it. Looks like I wont be winning this contest but I have enjoyed trying to compete.
The cast that catches the fish is never too short. Patrick McManus

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 am

Nice job Bassman!
Last edited by BassDood on Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sun May 29, 2011 4:42 am

rockjiggr wrote:Hit up Summit this morning. Odd day there with very little wind and surprisingly very few people on the lake in the morning. Could not connect with many bass today though.

Did get one very large and feisty trout, about 18", on the pearl Sink-N-Fool but it was foul hooked in the gill. The fish thrashed and ripped that already damaged, reglued, rubber banded, and delicately hooked lure to shreds. That makes about 6 fish on the pearl one for me but only one qualifier on it. Looks like I wont be winning this contest but I have enjoyed trying to compete.
Did you take a picture of it? It could be worth 15 Bucks in free baits?

oAoqZvrqY7o

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun May 29, 2011 5:18 am

Nice job Bassman! Looks like it would only take ya one more fish to take it!
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Last Day - you can fish right up until MN for you die-hards!

Good luck. As Rick mentioned, no one has posted up most unusual fish caught - which can be any species - or maybe even a 4" dink - so be sure to share those pics!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

rockjiggr
Warrant Officer

Post by rockjiggr » Sun May 29, 2011 1:22 pm

@Fish-N-Fool, yes I did take a photo. But, since it was foul hooked, did not think it would count. Mike and Rick, let me know if you call it legal and I will enter it on the board.
Attachments
241120_10150188637941899_683501898_7280858_3376207_o.jpg
241120_10150188637941899_683501898_7280858_3376207_o.jpg (237.73 KiB) Viewed 2062 times

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sun May 29, 2011 3:20 pm

rockjiggr wrote:@Fish-N-Fool, yes I did take a photo. But, since it was foul hooked, did not think it would count. Mike and Rick, let me know if you call it legal and I will enter it on the board.

The rule is you had to catch it on a Fish-N-Fool lure and show the bait still hooked in the fish in the photo, so your good to go. Enter it in the contest. Looks like you had to keep it to eat anyway, from all the blood. Nice catch though! I have got a lot of trout on the Bubble gum color (hot pink) but not on the white so that's pretty cool. Congrats
Last edited by Fish-N-Fool on Sun May 29, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oAoqZvrqY7o

MMcleslie
Angler

Post by MMcleslie » Sun May 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:Although he is not part of the contest Michael McLeslie got this toad on the 6" Chartreuse Pepper Sink-N-Fool out of the Pend Orielle Riv. on Wed. He said he pitched it near a big laydown tree up near Riverbend, and the fish hammered it within 2 seconds of it hitting the water. It was 6 Pounds!! Nice fish Mikey!!!

Hey guys great job on the tournament. I didnt enter it but have had GREAT success with many different colors of Sink-N-Fool lures. This bait DOES catch fish and big ones at that! Hope yall had fun on this tournament and I will be entering next years tournament if there is one. Good luck to everyone on the last day hopefully we see some hogs come in.

rockjiggr
Warrant Officer

Post by rockjiggr » Sun May 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Great, Rick, I will get it on the board this afternoon. I had a lot of trout chasing the white one on Saturday and the chartruese one today. Hooked a couple more trout yesterday but they got off. I got a really nice largemouth today just over 5#, 20inches that I am going to enter too. Too little too late but a great fish nonetheless. Lost all but the green bait today so I will be placing an order soon! Looking forward to the 2 tone ones.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 pm

Maybe I should have took a pic and entered my squaw fish I caught today. I was just ashamed that was the only fish I caught in the tourny.