*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is......

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
dilbert
Captain

RE:*Freshwater Multi-Species Contest* - And the winner is.......

Post by dilbert » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:.. it's freezing cold outside and half the lake is frozen over and it's the middle of january . GUESS WHAT ? im not fishing that day ARE U CRAZY !! bass dont like frozen bacon !! BBD
lol...I saw a fishing show where it was so cold out the fish eggs they were using were frozen, they said they would thaw in the water.

Are you guys really using bacon? Because unless it really works, that's bacon abuse!
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
bassackwards wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:OK, now I am REALLY in! My 1st plaque is looking pretty lonely, another one would really be sweet! bassackwards if you are in need of supplies, pm me. I would be happy to help hunt them down.
Thanks for the offer Gringo. The idea I have right now involves a lot of hand painting w/ a swist of course. I'll let you know. If I see the budget getting sideways, I'll PM you for help.

So are you saying I should go ahead and burn your name on this one??? I like the confidence. Strike fear into the competition :rambo:

HEY HEY hold up a sec hear guys , before your start claiming prizes .. dont count out BBD just yet .. everytime you boyz take nap ,IM FISHING .. when your watching the game ,IM FISHING .. it's freezing cold outside and half the lake is frozen over and it's the middle of january . GUESS WHAT ? im not fishing that day ARE U CRAZY !! bass dont like frozen bacon !! BBD
Watch out for BBD guys...rumor has it, every time a tournament comes to town or ANYTHING fishing related involving prizes, 'ol BBD ships Mrs. BBD out of town and takes vacation!!! Knowing BBD, I think he's already bagged 3-4 of these species and is getting ready to "lay down his hand"....after all, he does fish 22 hrs a day and has been know to carry up to 7 rods on that pontoon of his (don't forget the pound of BACON).

BBD: I'll hold off burning anyones name on the plaque, sounds like it's gonna come down to the wildcard fish.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:31 pm

dilbert wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:.. it's freezing cold outside and half the lake is frozen over and it's the middle of january . GUESS WHAT ? im not fishing that day ARE U CRAZY !! bass dont like frozen bacon !! BBD
lol...I saw a fishing show where it was so cold out the fish eggs they were using were frozen, they said they would thaw in the water.

Are you guys really using bacon? Because unless it really works, that's bacon abuse!
LOOK OUT! Another thread going down the BACON road! :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom:

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:17 pm

I got a 4lb brown trout from pine / i got a sqaw fish and smallmouth on sammish / saturday morning ill get a blue gill and a catfish from washington in like 30 minutes tops .. lol ..:-" good luck guys ..BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:24 pm

How did you catch the brown?????? I've targeted those for years, only caught one!

Edit: Ok BBD, I'm going to throw a wrench in the works. Since you don't keep bass, how did you take the picture? You didn't take it home and get the wife to take it, did you? How do you do the O-tay sign without a personal photographer? The pontoon's not going to hold your camera! My logic may be flawed, but I'm putting out every obstacle possible so the rest of us who don't fish 22 hours a day have a chance...lol
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:58 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:I got a 4lb brown trout from pine / i got a sqaw fish and smallmouth on sammish / saturday morning ill get a blue gill and a catfish from washington in like 30 minutes tops .. lol ..:-" good luck guys ..BBD
I dont plan on posting anything , i have been spending alot of time pre fishing washington for the tourney .. i fished lake samm last sunday and when i caught that sqaw it reminded me of the contest .. so ease your nerves guys im passing on this one .. i got my head set on bringing home a trophy and check on 10.13.07...wish we luck ..BBD

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:03 pm

Dez,

You entering the tourney in your toon?
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:15 pm

Drewp wrote:Dez,

You entering the tourney in your toon?

lol ...I do believe that i could do well in it but NO ! my partner and i are fishing out of a Nitro ..weigh in is @ 3pm ..

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:21 pm

Well good luck to ya bro.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Drewp wrote:Well good luck to ya bro.

Thanks Drewp ..im excited ..

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:32 pm

Jeremiah has proved to be a real posititive asset to this web site. He has gone a long way toward makeing several members of this site a sort of WL fishing club. By the way, Jeremiah, I caught 4 different species today at Mason Lake but failed to take any photos with the O-tay sign. Don't want to take advantage of you poor young guys that have to work for a living during the week.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:09 pm

Bass Tracker wrote:Jeremiah has proved to be a real posititive asset to this web site. He has gone a long way toward makeing several members of this site a sort of WL fishing club. By the way, Jeremiah, I caught 4 different species today at Mason Lake but failed to take any photos with the O-tay sign. Don't want to take advantage of you poor young guys that have to work for a living during the week.

LOL , no fair basstracker .. thats cool i kinda already expect these kind of results from you anyway .. (not really a challange) ... be cool man and i will be fishing soon ..ill p.m. you .. BBD

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Ya better win or place high in the money after ditching all your WL friends. :compress: Good Luck in the TX!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:49 pm

gpc, hey up here. I will answer your question, what looks like even before you asked it.

Yes, keep the fish if you want. If it's a keeper than do what ya gotta do man. Look at Iskiles stringer of trout. Looks to me like he's in his back yard ready to slap those babies on the barby. (or start jumping with them on the trampoline) :bounce:
Just practice C&R on illegal fish that don't fit the limits and regulations.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:20 pm

Hey fishnislife, sorry I dont understand the rules like every other normal person lol. Can we keep the fish we submit? Not that I keep EVEYTHING but I would really hate to throw back say a 2 lb walleye just because I misunderstood the rules.

Jo
Petty Officer

Post by Jo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:42 pm

very sweet contest, the rules are easy KEEP if it is LEGAL and you WANT to, C@R the ones that you don't want or are ilegal. I hope it goes until past OCT 12.

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:47 pm

How about we add steelies to the wild card?:colors: :colors: :colors:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Cmon guys, get fishing!

Here are my current crop:

Panfish, I am going to give the competitors the choice. Would you prefer the Crappie (1lb 8 oz) or the perch (a full 1 lb)

And a wildcard, Squallyfish/Northern pikeminnow

Trout
Pan X
bass
cat
carp

Wildcard X

E

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:34 pm

NIIIIICE looking fish Gisteppo....I'd save your wildcard though, after all CARP is on the list :thumbdown
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:54 pm

Derrick-k wrote:How about we add steelies to the wild card?:colors: :colors: :colors:
Thought about it long and hard but decided against it. Sorry Derrick. I will think about a contest for the steelies in the due time my friend.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;