new to the area

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
nah2ofish
Angler

new to the area

Post by nah2ofish » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:05 pm

Hello everyone, i'm going to be staying in bremerton off of kitsap way for about 2 months. i'm a very avid fisherman down here in san diego but haven't fished much up these ways. i'll be fishing strickly from shore as i don't have a boat so i was wondering if anyone can help me with a few good places to fish in the area. looking for mainly salmon and rainbows. i would love to stream or river fish, since there aren't any in san diego, so i would appreciate any response. thanks again

cory

gpc
Admiral

RE:new to the area

Post by gpc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:49 pm

When are you coming up this way? I dont really know that area too well, but you can bet if you are going to be up this way any time soon there will be salmon everywhere. If you know what rivers you will be close too I can tell you whats running. You will probably just miss the pinks, but they are pretty ugly as of right now and dont make too well for table fair so you wont be missing much. The silvers are starting to run now and the chums are close to follow and some kings in the mix, not to mention winter run steel head coming around December. So you should be set.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:01 pm

PM sent.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nah2ofish
Angler

Post by nah2ofish » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:08 pm

I'll be there from oct. 15 till the middle of december. all i know thats around me is Kitsap lake and Chico creek. i know where the lake is but i don't know where to find the creek. also i don't know if it is legal to fish in the creek. i've just heard about it on the internet. I was up in the area last year about the same time and the only thing that i was able to get was a chum which i snaged on accident. i'm staying at the Best Western Bremerton Inn on kitsap way, if you google earth it, maybe you can tell me a little more about the terrain? I've read quite a bit of this forum and learned about some of the techniques, nothing like the tuna fishing that i'm used to! any help would be great! thanks again

cory

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Let me know when you get up here and maybe we can get out.
You can't fish Chico Creek except at where it runs out into the bay. Great fishing when the salmon are running. Last time the Chum came through I was working at a remodeling on Erlands Point. I would stop by and watch the guys fish on my breaks and the salmon would come in schools so thick you could walk across them. No joke. The only down fall is that when the run and spawn is over that creek reeks so bad you can smell it from the Highway.
Hit me up, steelheading should be good when your here. I know how San Diego's temp is always 70 so bring your warm clothes because I think it's going to be a coooold winter.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nah2ofish
Angler

Post by nah2ofish » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:08 pm

I will definatly hit you up when i get there! about the cold........... i was there for the record rain and snow last year! i learned my lesson about that one! i think i brought more pairs of shorts than jeans. wont do that again!

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:09 pm

First things first...

Here are a couple things you're gonna have to know when you come up to the Great NW...

1) Everyone drives the SPEED LIMIT...(you'll think there is an accident, it's sooo annoying)

2) You can get 15 different varieties of coffee in one square block (that doesn't suck)

3) There's NO IN-N-OUT Burger so gorge yourself the next few weeks

4) People love it here and LOVE the outdoors, rain or shine.

5) No, Subaru's Corporate offices aren't here and NO, you don't get one when you move here...LOL

6) The fishing is GREAT...AND...we have more than two species to go after.

7) SEAHAWK'S RULE....Charger's SUCK (Sorry, I had to)

I want to officially Welcome you to the site and to the NW. I hope you love it here as much as we do. Give Fishinislife a shout when you get into town, he's over in Kitsap, he knows all the cool spots to fish. Bring a pack of Camel's and he'll put you into the fish quick!!!

Oh ya, one more thing....it rains here, bring a jacket!!! LOL

Bassackwards
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

nah2ofish
Angler

Post by nah2ofish » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Thats funny cause down here, we call them the SEACHICKENS! (Sorry, i had to back!)

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:25 pm

nah2ofish wrote:Thats funny cause down here, we call them the SEACHICKENS! (Sorry, i had to back!)
LOL...you're gonna fit in around here. How bad are you guys missing Marty right now???
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

nah2ofish
Angler

Post by nah2ofish » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:31 pm

well...........we went from marty ball, to a guy who used to coach for the raiders! need i say more! my bets on the next coach.

are you from so cal?