NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Amx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Read here for the info on the Sportsman Show, the WaLakes booth, and discount coupons to get in and for the drawing at the booth;

http://washingtonlakes.com/forum/yaf_po ... rizes.aspx
Tom.

Interests: living

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 am

Welcome. Hope to see some new faces at the show.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 am

Good to finally see ya on the board Cory! Nice lookin largie dink in your profile? Must have been on a sweet boat when you took that pic!
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

coretron22
Warrant Officer

Post by coretron22 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:52 am

I'm another Corey with a dink in his avatar, 'cept spelled with an "e". I'm 41.
I've been on here about a year. Live a few blocks from Lake Wa..
Recently my interest in fishing turned into a passion. Have mostly fished for Rainbow Trout in Ross Lake (since I was 11), but now I fish for all species and am determined to master the Lake I live closest to.

Love this site. Usually my first stop when I login.
I've already learned a ton from people on Walakes.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Howdy yall, My name is Wil or Bill, im 27 and decided to join on here and help with some good fishin posts when i can lOl. started fishin young like most, somewhere around 13 i hooked into my first largemouth out at kapowsin and it was all over, joined a club fished tourneys from lake whatcom to southern cali and else where then I got burned out and took a break (a long break) ended up in the world of 4X4's, mudd boggs and tuff trucks, still fished with the old man from time to time just fun fishin out at banks and potholes ext.... with kid #4 comin this fall i decided 4X4's is not where I want to raise my kids. Dusted off the ol bass boat and after a steller first day at silver lk in castle rock last summer i new this is it, sold the trucks and jeeps, put archery under the bed and the family is focusing on my first/#1 Love, "fishin" well lol smallie fishin and big largemouth huntin :-D But besides all that, i live in Buckley Wa, i work at Utility Vault in Auburn, or i should say "Old Castle Precast" now. I love my family, and I love my Bass fishin........ My wife has an understanding about it lOl.
thats a short summary. besides fishin i got a good knowledge of 4X4's if anyone has got question either lol

Anyway, take care yall
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Welcome to WaLakes Bill. A great place for info and all.
Tom.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Welcome Corey and Bill.

Bill, I use to work at Port of Seattle as construction inspector and seen a bunch of utility vault products at our site.

BillMcMurry
Petty Officer

Post by BillMcMurry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 pm

kzoo wrote:Welcome Corey and Bill.

Bill, I use to work at Port of Seattle as construction inspector and seen a bunch of utility vault products at our site.
Oh really, small box's, vaults? shoot lol our concrete goes everywhere! right now were waiting on word back from the military on the new army base in guam. im itchin this week, headin to lawrence in yelm to hopefully hook my wife up on a good largemouth!!!!!
gotten Bigger to the boat...... but I just cant get them in too beat 7lb 15oz...... one day ill just use the dang net lOl

Maverick186
Angler

Post by Maverick186 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 am

Hello my name is Josh. I live on the dry side of the state in Okanogan County. I have been fishing most of my life, but recently started bass fishing and am hooked. I have a Weldcraft Maverick 186 as you can tell by my user name. I can hardly wait for the upcoming salmon season in the Upper Columbia River. We have had a really good run of fish the last couple years. The Sockeye run was amazing last year. Hope to see you guys on the water.

Big D

Post by Big D » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 am

Welcome to WL.com Josh.
I'm guessing that you fish the Brewster pool? Hope to see ya there.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Maverick186
Angler

Post by Maverick186 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:30 am

Yep I will be fishing the brewster pool, at least untill it opens above Wells.

williams86

Post by williams86 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:19 am

Name: Michael Williams
Hobbies: Hunting, Fly-Tying
What You Do: Teacher
Favorite Species To Fish For: Trout, Steelhead
Where You Fish The Most: Williams Lake
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 40 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Dad introduced me to fly fishing and fly-tying.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Tying flies

Johnb
Petty Officer

Post by Johnb » Mon May 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Name: John Bisnett
Hobbies: fishing, guitar, percussion, making/painting trout spinners
Work:unemployed construction worker
Favorite species: toss up between northern pike, and catfish
Favorite lake: lake Champlain, new york (or in this state Blackmans lake Snohomish)
How long have i been fishing: since i was 4, but i starting getting serious about it at age 8, caught my first 10+pound fish when i was 12, northern pike
How was i introduced to fishing: my parents took me fishing as soon as i was able to cast a rod... i became severely addicted to the point, where kids at school would pick on me, because, for example: in art class, i used to draw/paint fish, show up at school with fish clothing, slippers etc on. my show and tell was almost always about fishing lures, and/or other fishing gear. my friends and family were actually worried about me for a while, because i didn't want to grow and be a doctor or lawyer, or make friends or anything like that, is all i wanted out of life is fishing!
What do i do when i'm not fishing: make fishing lures, study google maps looking for new spots to hit, i spend a lot of time here on this site reading reports, posting, etc, and occasionally i play guitar
favorite picture: i can't figure out how to upload pics here, i have pics on my reports, my favorite pic, is in the secret lake report, 7lb triploid at 24 1/2inch and 14 1/2inch girth and a 5 1/2lb, 22 1/2inch cutt-bow triploid both caught on the same day in the same spot.(me holding both fish as if i was at the bassmaster classics....lol)

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon May 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Johnb wrote:Name: John Bisnett
Hobbies: fishing, guitar, percussion, making/painting trout spinners
Work:unemployed construction worker
Favorite species: toss up between northern pike, and catfish
Favorite lake: lake Champlain, new york (or in this state Blackmans lake Snohomish)
How long have i been fishing: since i was 4, but i starting getting serious about it at age 8, caught my first 10+pound fish when i was 12, northern pike
How was i introduced to fishing: my parents took me fishing as soon as i was able to cast a rod... i became severely addicted to the point, where kids at school would pick on me, because, for example: in art class, i used to draw/paint fish, show up at school with fish clothing, slippers etc on. my show and tell was almost always about fishing lures, and/or other fishing gear. my friends and family were actually worried about me for a while, because i didn't want to grow and be a doctor or lawyer, or make friends or anything like that, is all i wanted out of life is fishing!
What do i do when i'm not fishing: make fishing lures, study google maps looking for new spots to hit, i spend a lot of time here on this site reading reports, posting, etc, and occasionally i play guitar
favorite picture: i can't figure out how to upload pics here, i have pics on my reports, my favorite pic, is in the secret lake report, 7lb triploid at 24 1/2inch and 14 1/2inch girth and a 5 1/2lb, 22 1/2inch cutt-bow triploid both caught on the same day in the same spot.(me holding both fish as if i was at the bassmaster classics....lol)

what kind of guitar do you have? music style?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Draker
Angler

Post by Draker » Fri May 06, 2011 12:46 am

Name: Rob

Hobbies: Jeeping, Fishing, Camping, snow boarding, Wake boarding

What You Do: I'm an EMT-B

Favorite Species To Fish For: Any

Where You Fish The Most: Any where I can trying to branch out and try new places, styles, and fish

How Long You Have Been Fishing: 18 years

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Grandfather got me out young and have not stopped since

What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: Other hobbies, Work

adam john nick
Angler

Post by adam john nick » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:07 am

I'm a newbie and this is my first post. It's a fishing report and I hope this the correct place.
I just started float tube fishing.I'm a fly fisherman and this the first I've every tried fly fishing on a lake.
Monday I went to Lake Laignloy(sp?). It's near Carnation. Beautiful little lake. small launch and room for maybe six trucks and trailers. No gas engines.
I hit the water about six AM trolling a #6 black leach about 20' down. Hooked a nice trout about 15 mins later. I even landed it. It was 13.5 in. according to my official fisherman's ruler.
Caught another about 5 min later. A little over 10in.
Nothing for an hour or so. Switched to a #10 green HaleBop. two right away and then it died, for me.
There were a few boats out and about. They said they were down about 70'!! trolling with pop gear with lime green,sparkled Power bait. They seemed to be doing okay.
Had a great time!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 am

fishing reports are here;

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/LatestReports.aspx

fishing reports are SUBMITED here, click on river, lake, whatever;

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/SubmitReports.aspx

These links are found along the menue bar sorta close to the top of the page.

Welcome to WaLakes.
Last edited by Amx on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:04 am

Name: Steve
Hobbies: My Kid, Rc Cars, Rc Helicopter/Airplanes Photography Camping
What You Do: Facility Maintenance Superintendent
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass lately but everything
Where You Fish The Most: Local lakes
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Birth
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Dad/ Grandpa
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work/Sleep

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Welcome ajn and edge!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Hey Edge,
Nice to see an introduction! BTW I'm an RC nut too. Mainly planes but have done all of them.

Matt AKA Bodofish
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”