Little Spokane River - Shore Access

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jay K
Warrant Officer

Little Spokane River - Shore Access

Post by Jay K » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Anybody know of any shore access to the Little Spokane? I've been looking at the map and wonder if that small peninsula north of the public launch around where the Little Spokane enters into the Spokane River is "public" access. I know the mouth of the Little Spokane to the SR291 bridge is open year round, but was wondering if it's permissible to shore fish that off that peninsula? Anybody know? I know most of the land bordering the Little Spokane is private. TIA.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Little Spokane River - Shore Access

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Check with the Riverside State Park office. I have floated and fished it a couple of times. I put in at St. Georges and floated all the way to Lake Spokane. If I remember correctly, the only private property that I saw on the float was around St. Georges, just east of the Indian Paintings and downstream from the 9 mile road. A lot of it is a natural area, so ask the park department what kind of access is permitted and where.

riverside@parks.wa.gov.

(360) 902-8844

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Thats a fun river to fish, ive pulled some nice trout and carp out of there behind my buddies house
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

bigyfish
Angler

Post by bigyfish » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Pine river park near Wandemere Golf course is an access point to the river

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:17 pm

bigyfish wrote:Pine river park near Wandemere Golf course is an access point to the river
Well, maybe. Depends on who is living on waterfront property. On that river, the land owner owns up to 1/2 way across the river. Seriously. You are floating across someones property. Unlike Montana, where the property line ends at the high water mark.

When I was in high school, we used to float the river around Wandermere. A friend of mine once got shot at with rock salt by a land owner on the river. People may have mellowed over the years, but it is still private property in that area of the river. Some property owners have strung barb wire into the river. If you fish the river, I would highly suggest fishing and floating in the boundaries of the state land.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:30 pm

This is the best way to find out land ownership along the Little Spokane River. This is the county Plat Map showing all land ownership. As you will find out by looking at some of the parcels, the property line in many cases goes 1/2 way across the river.

http://maps.spokanecounty.org/?PID=48342.9026H

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 am

That's a great map Marc, but after looking at it I don't see where there is a decent float anywhere. Your suggestion to call the Riverside Park office is the best idea. I've always wanted to float that river. Maybe this year?
Last edited by Lotech Joe on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Marc has a point. If I recall correctly, I was told that only two rivers/streams on the State of Washington are privately owned. One was the Little Spokane and the other was Crab Creek.

I had forgotten this, and had considered a float myself. Thanks Marc, you kept me out of trouble again.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

mountainman
Angler

Post by mountainman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:18 pm

just go there ive fished there plenty of times u dont have to ask anyone
The least expected places are the best

ELKINK
Angler

Re: Little Spokane River - Shore Access

Post by ELKINK » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

I was told that the Little Spokane river was one of the only bodys of water that you can pretty much own the water way .. I have a buddy that alows me access up around the elk area !

Jay K
Warrant Officer

Re: Little Spokane River - Shore Access

Post by Jay K » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Bump