Bass'n Video input from all:

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Bass'n Video input from all:

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 am

Hey Guyz Mike and I are planning to put together another informative Bass video for all to enjoy and learn from .
I just wanted to get some insight from the members as to what they would like for us to focus on this year .

Do you want us on a large or Smaller lakes ? Are you interested in viewing filming about pre-spawn, spawn , postspwan , transitional periods , etc ? :-k

Are there any particular baits that you would like to see us run ? Swimbaits ,cranks, jerkbaits , topwater ? etc :fish:

Any and all positive info is greatly helpful for us to showcase the bass'n talents of Mr Cary and the video staff ! :dj:

Thanks in advance guys ! :salut:

Looking forward to a FUN year !!! :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Meeks9591
Warrant Officer

RE:Bass'n Video input from all:

Post by Meeks9591 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:37 am

If I lived on your side of the mountains, I'd join you guys! I hope to get some footage this season.
Millions of lakes, millions of fish, 1 angler 1 life, live it and fish it!
I'm an ADDICTED TROPHY HUNTER.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:46 am

Small lake

prespawn

cold water

jigs, worms, jerkbaits, topwater, prespawn dropshot and Carolina Rig.
Tom.

Interests: living

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 am

I just want to see you guys catching fish! :cheers:

I love top water action.:bounce:

JWS
Petty Officer

Post by JWS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:43 am

I second AMX, small lakes, cold water, pre-spawn.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 am

Id love to see you guys on a big lake. Pre spawn and post spawn. any techniques.
Everything you see happen on a big lake you can use on a smaller lake ive found.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 am

I'd like to see how you guys fish off shore. Details looking at your electronics and how you fish the area from what you read on the electronics.

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 pm

The process of estabilishing a pattern in tough conditions. Take us through the process of breaking down a body of water to isolate those things that will help put fish in the boat during those times that the fish are hard to figure out.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:01 pm

kzoo wrote:I'd like to see how you guys fish off shore. Details looking at your electronics and how you fish the area from what you read on the electronics.

Hey paul We did just what your talk'n about on the "fall bassfishing video on lk wa" !! Chris gave some excellent points on the new HD screens , check it out bro :salut:

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 pm

fishingmachine wrote:Id love to see you guys on a big lake. Pre spawn and post spawn. any techniques.
Everything you see happen on a big lake you can use on a smaller lake ive found.

I went to lk wash this past wkend and caught smallies allday in 40-46ft with 43degrees water temps, The last two wkends fishing lk goodwin i was getting them in 5-12ft with water temps around 44-46 ..
Every body of water is different and anglers have to know when to adjust properly . As for techniques , yes you are correct football heads / skirted jigs / carolina rigs seem to be the go baits !

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:I just want to see you guys catching fish! :cheers:

I love top water action.:bounce:

I like where your head is at Marc ,
I would LOOOVVEE to do Run some top water baits all day ! we wouldnt be able to pull this off untill closer to the summer months , Im thinking lk sammamish and spro frogs , but stay tuned !

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Hey Dez,really appreciate the information you have provided over the years.

Not sure if I have a lake size preference but one thing I would like to see and learn more about is the dropshot,more specifically,the proper rigging,knots and proper weights for the type of applications. Maybe even a description of what length/distance from sinker to hook. I suppose just about anything is helpful to me,I just havn't really got the dropshot thing figured out. I'm always game to learn various techniques to become a more rounded angler,even toss in a nice piece about swimbaits. I could go on for days to highlight my lack of bass skills:clown:

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
kzoo wrote:I'd like to see how you guys fish off shore. Details looking at your electronics and how you fish the area from what you read on the electronics.

Hey paul We did just what your talk'n about on the "fall bassfishing video on lk wa" !! Chris gave some excellent points on the new HD screens , check it out bro :salut:
Yeah, it does seem similar. Except the time being fall, could do it for the Prespawn migration.

How about float tubing a small lake right now!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:47 pm

kevinb wrote:Hey Dez,really appreciate the information you have provided over the years.

Not sure if I have a lake size preference but one thing I would like to see and learn more about is the dropshot,more specifically,the proper rigging,knots and proper weights for the type of applications. Maybe even a description of what length/distance from sinker to hook. I suppose just about anything is helpful to me,I just havn't really got the dropshot thing figured out. I'm always game to learn various techniques to become a more rounded angler,even toss in a nice piece about swimbaits. I could go on for days to highlight my lack of bass skills:clown:

No skills lacking on your part Kevin you put fish in the boat all the time and thanks for the nice words bro !

Its kinda tuff to narrow down all the bass'n info in our video in most cases , We struggle with two factors whenever we film .
The problem is that we never want anyone to view our video and walk away feeling like there not advance enough as a bass angler in order to comprehend what we showcasing for that particular segment .
Then there are the more advance anglers that are wanting us to dig deeper regarding rigs , baits , fish location , and more very detail oriented information regarding bassfishing .
Its tuff to please everyone , so this is why i made a thread to get input from all so that we can base things around what makes our members happy to view !
Thanks for the suggestions thus far guyz , keep it coming !! :-k

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:56 pm

How about a two part vid. Say 10 minutes with the first 5 minutes showing the lures, what makes them good for Bass, & how to use them. The second 5 minutes showing where on the lake to use those lures and why to use them in those locations at that time of year/conditions. Or a 20 minutes vid.
Tom.

Interests: living

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:51 pm

How bout a video of all your most secret spots, with graph images, and gps coordinates??:eye:

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:00 pm

I really liked the Fall bass fishing Lake WA video I wouldn't mind seeing some swimbait action. I've watched youtube videos on them, but haven't seen much from our neck of the woods.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:53 pm

I enjoyed the Fall Lake WA smallie video..... What ever you produce, it'll help me learn bassin! Thanks
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:24 pm

How about fishing a new smaller lake. How one would approach it early..where on the lake and why.. techniques/baits and why. Lots of lakes opening up soon.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Give yourselves more of a challenge, try fishing from shore ! :cheers:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.