Spanaway Lake Launch Fees

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Spanaway Lake Launch Fees

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 am

Anybody know if the launch fees are in effect now or do they kick in at the beginning of the season? Let me know. Hesitant about dropping $10 there at the moment. Thanks!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Spanaway Lake Launch Fees

Post by Amx » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Tom.

Interests: living

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:15 pm

That is what my thought was too when I read it. Called Pierce County who had him call the Boatouse that has no answer. Just want a confirm before I load up the boat
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Heard somewhere that they are also charging an entrance fee to enter the park.

Eoso
Warrant Officer

Post by Eoso » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:20 pm

I did drive in the check it out and saw the parking fee. Not sure if it's for a certain area or just the first entrance..... they need to get their act together and quit being so vague.

rentonhighlander
Angler

Post by rentonhighlander » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Between gas and higher user fees fishin is gettin mighty expensive! I don't care I'll shell out more dough to a certain point, especially this time of year where cabin fever is in full effect.

Eoso
Warrant Officer

Post by Eoso » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 pm

If a use fee is required for both swimmers and fisherman, I have no problem paying it. Being a shore fisherman, I really dislike sharing fishing areas with large groups of swimmers and not using the license I paid for to its full potential. Even more so when swimmers go off on an adventure outside their designated swimming area.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Eoso wrote:If a use fee is required for both swimmers and fisherman, I have no problem paying it. Being a shore fisherman, I really dislike sharing fishing areas with large groups of swimmers and not using the license I paid for to its full potential. Even more so when swimmers go off on an adventure outside their designated swimming area.
I know this is getting away from the question...but good point. I have seen far too many times where folks use a launch as their personal swim area without paying anything, i.e. parking permit for launches. Not to mention the safety hazards involved, why is it free for them? Some peoples kids, I guess
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 am

Park use fees are May - Sept. Just got off the phone with Bud from the Boathouse. $10 launch fee year round. Okay honestly that lake isnt that great. I can travel a bit on $10 and find another body of water. You can spend $75 for a launch pass for the season though it doesn not say for the entire year but I would hope so.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:40 am

I'd say that Bud is wrong. Because the web site says - 'Seasonal Parking and Boat Launch Fees (May through September)' Meaning the launch fee is also May to Sept. So the launch should be free from Oct to April.
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:43 am

Also it is my understanding that swimming is prohibited at ANY and ALL boat launches in the state. Anyone swimming there, call the police and complain.
Tom.

nwbasshunter
Petty Officer

Post by nwbasshunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Fished Spanaway last year starting in February and March. No one was there when I launched in the morning but when I came in to load up they hit me up for a launch fee. After a little bit of bickering over it, I payed and will never return.

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I fished there last October, and the guy was there then to charge me. It is a year round fee for launching, but not year round for parking. There are some nice greenies to be had in that lake, and if you wait for the nice weather to fish it, the skiers and p.w.c.'s will drive you crazy.