Looking for Info on Clear Lake near Spokane

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Looking for Info on Clear Lake near Spokane

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:11 am

In browsing Google earth I ran across Clear lake and it looks like it might have some great spots for bass fishing, but I'm wondering how many of these side ponds off the main lake you can get a boat into?
I'm pretty sure you can get into ponds 1A and 1B. The real question is can you get into 2 and 3? The channel to 3 looks really small as it does to 4 and 5. Anyone ever fish these? Normally if I can find 12" of water I can get through it, so I'm hoping there are some toads back in here that not many fishermen ever see.
Attachments
Clear_lake.jpg
Clear_lake.jpg (53.18 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

smoke14
Petty Officer

RE:Looking for Info on Clear Lake near Spokane

Post by smoke14 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:01 pm

As I recall you can get into 1B - 4- 5 but thats it. 5 has produced some fish. no luck in the 1B or 4 area. On the west side of the lake just above the works CLEAR are some nice flats that Bass spawn on and furher north on that same side I have pulled fish off a boat ramps, and rock piles. At the very North West corner of the lake is the best water has some shallow that leads to deeper water with some points and areas for Bass to hide. I only fish Clear when I dont feel like driving very far, its not been on of my better producing lakes. Hope this helps some.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:20 pm

1B, 2,3,4,5 are on private property. 1A is public.

Several years ago, I went back into 1A and tried to get into 1B in my pontoon boat. The weeds were so thick and the water was so shallow, I gave up and turned around. This was later in the year.

When the water is high after a big melt off, you may possibly be able to get back in there. But, then again it, it is private. I'd call Mark or Tammy at the Mallard Bay resort and ask if it is possible to get back in there. They have been there many years now and I am sure that Mark knows all the neighbors around his property. Mark is a very nice guy and will help you if he can.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-7037343 ... y_resort-i

http://maps.spokanecounty.org/?PID=48342.9026H

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:1B, 2,3,4,5 are on private property. 1A is public.

Several years ago, I went back into 1A and tried to get into 1B in my pontoon boat. The weeds were so thick and the water was so shallow, I gave up and turned around. This was later in the year.

When the water is high after a big melt off, you may possibly be able to get back in there. But, then again it, it is private. I'd call Mark or Tammy at the Mallard Bay resort and ask if it is possible to get back in there. They have been there many years now and I am sure that Mark knows all the neighbors around his property. Mark is a very nice guy and will help you if he can.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-7037343 ... y_resort-i

http://maps.spokanecounty.org/?PID=48342.9026H
If you can get there by boat without getting out it is public, as no land owner owns the water. But it may still not be fish-able.
I just may go explore it this spring. As my boat with it's 101 # Minn Kota has never seen a weed patch it can't eat up and spit out. lol I went through some nasty stuff and very shallow water with it on the Chain lakes in ID. last spring so I'm not worried about gettin stuck at least.
Any else been in there?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Just be careful to not wrap about 20 feet of barbed wire around your 110 lb. thrust motor.[laugh]