WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
profishin206
Petty Officer

RE:WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Post by profishin206 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:11 am

mallard83 wrote:I would presume not, but do you have to pay for launching at Coulon if you have a car topper. I have a 2007 Basshound 10.2 with a 50 lb thrust electric and two optima batteries that I can slip in the back of my f-150 and was wondering if the launch fee only applied to trailered rigs. If I came, it would probably be with a non-forum friend, and would bring chips or whatever. The only thing that stands in the way as of this moment for me is the Pink Salmon season. If it is good I may be to busy to attend because it only comes every other year. I may still attend anyways though, I will keep you posted.
At Coulon you can drive all the way to the end and you will find a few parking spots to lauch a canoe. Most people that have the set you are referring to just goes down there and lauches and you can even park down there if you are going early enough you probably can get a spot as it feels up kind of fast but be sure to make sure you can get out past like this little log boom.

Hope this helps or is relevant!!

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:36 am

i kinda realized the other day i won't be able to make it to the get together...UW is playing ohio state that day. it's to bad to because i know i'd be whooping you guys at the contests #-o

have fun without me :alien:

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:03 am

OK Fishn,
What the final count? How many spuds do i need to boil?

OK everybody, Final head count. Fess up, who's comming.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:15 am

I KNOW THIS IS LAST MINUTE, BUT THE FALL BITE HAS KICKED IN OVER AT POTHOLES. YELLOWBEAR HAS BEEN KILLING THEM OVER THERE. I HAVE TO CANCEL MY ATTENDANCE AT THE BBQ. I KNOW I WILL SEE A NUMBER OF YOU AT THE FISHING DERBY AT POTHOLES ON THE 28TH, SO ENJOY YOUR TIME TOGETHER, AND I HOPE TO MEET YOU SOON. P.S.- I HAVE A BUNCH OF HAMBURGER THAT I WILL STILL DONATE TO THE CAUSE. ANYBODY CAN PICK IT UP FROM ME ON FRIDAY. JUST PM ME. AGAIN, ENJOY THE BBQ, AND IM OFF TO CATCH THE STATE RECORD WALLEYE FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:41 am

michaelunbewust wrote:I KNOW THIS IS LAST MINUTE, BUT THE FALL BITE HAS KICKED IN OVER AT POTHOLES. YELLOWBEAR HAS BEEN KILLING THEM OVER THERE. I HAVE TO CANCEL MY ATTENDANCE AT THE BBQ. I KNOW I WILL SEE A NUMBER OF YOU AT THE FISHING DERBY AT POTHOLES ON THE 28TH, SO ENJOY YOUR TIME TOGETHER, AND I HOPE TO MEET YOU SOON. P.S.- I HAVE A BUNCH OF HAMBURGER THAT I WILL STILL DONATE TO THE CAUSE. ANYBODY CAN PICK IT UP FROM ME ON FRIDAY. JUST PM ME. AGAIN, ENJOY THE BBQ, AND IM OFF TO CATCH THE STATE RECORD WALLEYE FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bummer...isn't that bad fishing carma?? Cancelling one event for another?? Good luck at Potholes, look forward to seeing the picture of you hoisting the 25# pig
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:46 am

Bodofish wrote:OK Fishn,
What the final count? How many spuds do i need to boil?

OK everybody, Final head count. Fess up, who's comming.
"Fishn"

I'm in, however, the wife and kids are going to be at my daughters soccer game, so it'll just be me and the boat.

I'm bringing the prizes and stuff, just a reminder, I'm not bringing the grill so hopefully someone has a Weber or we can us the parks grills. I can bring stuff to clean them up if needed. If anyone can bring a grill that would probably be the easiest.

Let me know if you need me to bring any of the last minute items.

bassackwards

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:27 am

I have been quiet up to now cause I didn't know if we could make it - but we can! My wife and I will be there. Please let me know what to bring (soda? chips? utensils? not sure what has already been spoken for)!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

lori
Petty Officer

Post by lori » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:19 pm

we might be there I might have to work .I won't know until fri evening.
if we come there will be two of us, Don & Lori
"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Stephen Wright

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships. Author: Abraham Lincoln

-----------* >*)((((((><

Lori and the Suicide Duck II

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:23 pm

Like I already said I wish I could make it but I can't. Sorry. I'll try for next time. Have fun.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Big thanks to D.J. LaRoche of:

West Coast Custom Tackle

for the amazing hand poured plastics.
Who will be the lucky WL.com’ers to walk away with these go to baits. A must have for any bass enthusiast. Check out the West Coast Custom Tackle website for the whole line-up of baits. Support you Northwest tackle guys.

Click here:

http://www.westcoastcustomtackle.com/

fishnislife
Attachments
WCCT1.JPG
WCCT1.JPG (231.91 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
WCCT.JPG
WCCT.JPG (248.46 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:06 pm

that's some good stuff right there, those western gobies don't work at all though, junk really... :-" :-#

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Who will be there:

1. fishnislife +2 - finger food, condiments, plates and napkins
2. Bigbass Dez - hotdogs
3. Gringo Pescado + 1
4. cmesslingo7 +1
5. lori + 1
6. ChrisB +1
7. Silent Angler +1
8. Bodofish + Mrs. Bodofish - potato salad
9. tnj8222
10. EdmondsBassMan
11. Jacob
12. bassackwards

I have about 20 down so far. I would bump that number up a little because I know people will go and not post up here. Still not sure if the Supreme Overlords are going to make it.
Our hamburger guy has dropped out, so we need someone to pick up that slack.
Also, we need a chips and dip person, dessert person and maybe another side dish (beans?, salad?, corn?). Post up with what you can bring.

This is going to be great you guys. Lots of prizes to give away and some cool contests for fun. Everyone can be apart of the show. Kids will have a fun time too.

Prizes and a custom made Award will go to:

*Biggest fish – measurements, witness or pic will work.

*Casting Contest – this will be to see who has the best accuracy. Kids encouraged to take part. There will be varies objects to toss at with a points system and the highest total after 5 casts will win. Also, another prize will be given for closest to the pin with one cast.

Prizes will also be given to the:

Youngest angler
Oldest angler
Farthest Traveled
Most reports this month
Most reports last month
Guessing game – a jar will be set up and you must guess how many object are in it. The one closest to the right amount will win a prize.

Thank you to all who have contributed to this event:

Sportsman’s Warehouse, Fife – http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/
2 - $25 gift cards, 100 - $10 off your purchase of $50 or more

Joe’s Sporting Goods, Issaquah – http://www.joessportinggoods.com/
$35 gift card

Sportco, Fife – http://www.sportco.com/
$25 gift card, 1 yr free Membership, 8 Jars Powerbait

Danielt – danieltbaits http://www.geocities.com/danieltbaits/page2lures.htm
Hand Made Chatterbaits

D.J. LaRoche – West Coast Custom Tackle – http://www.westcoastcustomtackle.com/
Hand Poured Plastics

Bassackwards – custom made plaques for the awards

Thanks everyone! You have already made this a success.

Be sure to be at the bbq to be the first to hear about the next contest I will be putting on for everyone at WL.com. This one will be a tough one but an awesome way to go into fall and end the season with. Amazing prizes too. Make sure to be at the bbq.

Fishing starts at 7:00 at Gene Coulon Park in Renton and the bbq will begin around 12:00.
See you there.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:45 am

wow, you guys have done an amazing job organizing and finding sponsors for the event. Fishnislife, gonna put you on the payrole (if we had one).

My son's baseball tourneyment schedule: game at 8am and 11am. So sorry to say I won't be able to come. Aaron lives in Spokane and he won't make it, either. I feel bad about this but my son's events trump everything else.

Have fun and be sure to post pictures. In fact, if someone would write an article and send me pics I will post it in the Tacklebox Tales section.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Can't have a BBQ with hamburgers! You can put me down to bring the hockey pucks - err I mean pre-formed hamburger patties, if that is acceptable.
Is somebody bringing buns?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:53 pm

we might try to make it out.

:king:

its on the iffy side right now. we are in pursuit of this lunker bass that has gotten away 3 trips in a row.
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:I have been quiet up to now cause I didn't know if we could make it - but we can! My wife and I will be there. Please let me know what to bring (soda? chips? utensils? not sure what has already been spoken for)!

Gringo Pescador.........
I look forward to meeting the only other "Shoreliner" that I find on this list. I'm actually a few blocks out of being official on a Shoreline resident, but I look forward to talking with somebody who actually knows Ronald Bog Park.

Fishinislife---
Put me down for for bringing those bags of frozen burger patties. I can also bring a charcoal grill plus briquets, etc. I'm quite sure that they must have grills at the picnic site, as do most parks. Anybody know??
I thought about bringing the gas Web. it could be done, but certainly easier to do the park grill.

So right now it's me, my wife and two kids, ages 8 and 10. Burgers, grill, and a side dish.

Has anyone said yet who exactly thinks they will be there on the early end like 7:00 or 8:00 to fish before festivities? Wondering how to hook up with people if we are all on the water.. cell phones? If anyone wants to trade numbers you can PM me. Geez we gotta some good weather!!!
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:35 pm

I'll be there by 11 or a little later. Gotta roll the dice for some big ones on Lake sam in the morning.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:20 am

who is going to be there bright an early?

:king:

we can only stay a while, and have to leave before the afternoon

thanks
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:16 am

quadradomus

I agree it will be nice to meet a neighbor.. I was thinking to bring the frozen hamburger patties - unless you already bought them or something I can cover that - wife, kids, grill, briquets, & a side dish.. you already have your hands full!

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:03 pm

"Quadra"...a couple of us are meeting around 6:30 - 7ish to head out in pontoon boats. I'll be there early to snag a good spot for the BBQ (I'll be the bald guy with the caution tape).

I'll PM you my cell #, if you're able to make it give me a call. We're gonna launch right there at the park (South End)...I think. I need to go by and check it out again, not sure if we'll need to use the boat launch or not. I'm just tryin to minimize my paddling.

The early fishing invite goes for EVERYONE....come on out!!! I made a BIGGEST FISH plaque that's got someone's name on it.
See you Saturday.

bassackwards
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”