Happy Fishing...

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Happy Fishing...

Post by A9 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:52 pm

I do pay attention profishin206. Let me explain while you listen/read.

Please take a common sense/rational thinking class...I don't know what course that might be at your school, it's usually self-taught.

Oh and your calling the kettle black by ripping on Mallard for spelling "maybe" wrong. He's part of the younger generation. Called kids. Grown up around computers. Kid's are used to typing on instant messenger and getting the point across as fast as possible. Don't worry about how he spells stuff. If you can't decipher "mabey" to "maybe" then you got the problem. And if it irks you, that's again, your problem. You can't figure out what a period is (in grammatical terms) or how to make them (Shift button on your keyboard)... You can't capitalize crap or use the forum's "quote" function. Your first sentence is grammatically incorrent. "You have made unneccessary conclusion." Good work on that one. Did your son write that one? Maybe a technology and typing 101 class is in your near future.

I know most of my reports have to do with trout and salmon. Does that mean those are the ONLY two species I fish for?

No. Come on man. Get sensible. Like you said, keep it real.

I don't post any of my bass fishing outings. I don't know why. Never thought about it until now. I have a few places that I fish a LOT for bass. So most are pretty much considered secret. One being the Ship Canal and another being a bunch of secret ponds that NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT. So, I don't even like to showboat and stick gloating (in the minds of some people) reports (that are true) on secret lakes reports just to get razzed about them or get asked where they are. In my opinion, if I don't wanna tell the location of the spot, there is no reason to tease people with the secret lake reports. I do post a few though for fun on occasion.

Yes that email was sent to me. I don't know who "IB" is and why it was meant to go there. Please clarify this for me.
And yes I did read that your initial sentence was "not trying to steal your fire of a fishing spot"
BUT, unfortunately, where there is shore access on the Ship Canal IS the secret spot. (thanks for making me reveal this much just so I can get this point across your brain, hopefully your satisfied now and can have your own secret spot) The ship canal isn't lined with a big open walkway for you to cast out from. Learn to use Google Maps or Google Earth. Stuffs changed, you don't have to bust out a paper map anymore from your glovebox. I've spent much time on Google Earth and Google Maps trying to figure out a spot(s) with bank access. And after continually going there and learning the spots, I can see where other possible access spots are and go back to google earth/maps to try and figure out how to get there. This is why I didn't respond to you and am somewhat angered by your completely random asking of where there is bank access. To me it sounds like your first sentence was a butter up statement, to try and help you get me on your side to have me unload directions to you. I hope everything in life comes as easy as this because it seems like you expect this. Emailing random people for directions...

Your turn...
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:32 pm

Sam, Profishin, Mallard & others- This conversation is getting to a level that is not appropriate for the site.

Sam, you posted Profishin's e-mail address on one of your recent posts which is a violation of the website privacy rules. I deleted it.

Gentlemen, please bring this discussion to an end.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

profishin206
Petty Officer

Post by profishin206 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:37 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:53 pm

Marc: Sorry about the email. I deleted mine and thought I also deleted profishin's but it slipped through. My apologies.

A) Your creeeping my out by recalling all of my fishing experiences I've posted on this website. I'm actually a little worried. Quite a longtime lurker huh? I simply don't post all my bass fishing experiences and I get ripped on for it. Sorry, but most of the bass fishing I do is in secret locations. Like I said, I prefer to leave them unmentioned for sake of secrecy and politeness for those who have showed me the spots...EDIT: My last 4 freshwater posts are all about bassing adventures, most of them considered successfull.

B) I do plenty of bass fishing. Spent several hundred dollars on bass fishing lures. Ask my friends, biggest tackle box for a species of fish I don't pursue as much as I do other fish (trout and salmon) and of course, no I'm not the most experienced bass fishermen, only gotten into it about 3 years ago, but I do fish plenty for bass and know the fight they put up. Probably spent way too much money on the bassing gear too. Oh well, it's something I'm learning and trying to get accustomed to. It's why I got into it. The thrill of learning a new type of fishing. Can you respect that? No one started out perfect. Your in no place to judge me in that manner. BTW I worked on that fish for 3 days under the dock to get it. It wasn't just dropping straight down either. I've caught several other 4+ lb smallies from lake Washington and a handful of 5+lber's from some other lakes....I don't rip on you for not being able to catch salmon/trout or even not fishing for them much or not preferring them as your favorite fish to fish for, so I don't think you can do the same to me about my bass fishing. Honestly, everyone's got a favorite fish. Your's might be bass. Hey, I'm cool with that. Mine: Trout and salmon. So I think we should all have the luxury to do whatever we want and fish for whatever we want. Can you relate to that? I hope so. I dont wanna bicker anymore about it.

I'd love to take you out to feel a nice king or a big ocean silver on the end of your line. If you feel like you are up to it, let me know, I think I can put you on some fish that will pull your drag farther in a single run then you can cast a 1/2 oz spinnerbait...You are right, not much fishing on my behalf is done in the way of bass fishing. No more then 20 bass fishing outings. Compared to the 30 I've taken for trout and another 30 for salmon so far this year. Doesn't mean I don't catch fish when I go out bassing. We are all good at our own things. Yours might be bassing, mine is in the way of salmon/trout.

Lastly, lets just drop it. Finally. Marc is correct. Forget it and move on. There's more important stuff in life. I needa go pack for tomorrows salmon outing...Good luck to you profishin and in your fishing adventures...
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 pm

I think out of RESPECT for Mike and Aaron that you should check yourself on this one profishin and act like the "Grown Man" that you claim to be and stop your pointless whiny posts about why you can't RESPECT others for having secret spots. If you are such a "GROWN MAN" hahahahahahah, what a joke, than you wouldn't be downing me for not spelling MABEY right, oh whoops I did it again I guess that I am a moron. Good one. This is a fishing website not a spelling B. Don't be upset that other people may be better fisherman than you or may know more on a subject, I am sure that you will get to that level someday sport. Don't give up. Oh and by the way, I don't go to school with Sam, I drive big rigs for a living. I don't know why you would even think of downing Sam for educating himself anyways. Some people want to get a quality education and do something with their lives. So since you are obviously not "MAN" enough to do so, I am going to actually stop replying to your mind numbing and pointless posts on this thread. You were obviously not "MAN" enough to end it on that one post a few posts ago. Hope you have some real genuine input on future posts. Once again "GOOD LUCK" trying to find a secret spot of your own. I will be mature and end this right now, and I apologize to Mike and Aaron for any inconvenience this pointless thread may have caused. Don't expect to hear from me on this subject again.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:10 pm

Conversations completed.