Will anything be fishable tomorrow

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Will anything be fishable tomorrow

Post by chefjake99 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:45 pm

So I took Friday off of work originally expecting some good fishing but am now wondering where I can go that will still be fishable. Any ideas gentlemen?:-({|=
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

mallard83
Commodore

RE:Will anything be fishable tomorrow

Post by mallard83 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:06 pm

I hate to be the one to say it, but probably nothing. If you want to fish a river than mabey a trib might be in enough shape to possibly wet a line. Sultan is out of the ? since it has been pumping mud for the last couple of weeks. Mabey the Wallace or the Pilchuck. The Tolt is bad, it has a horrible slide and has been bad for the last couple years. It is a real toss up at the moment. May want to consider plunking wherever you go right now.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Cowlitz
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Toni wrote:Cowlitz
OK, I stand corrected.#-o But any river in your general location will most likely be blown.](*,)

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:37 pm

I think only the rivers with dams will have any type of control but they will be high. Just not flooding.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Tokul Creek.
Raging River.
Also, you can fish any river that is high, try targeting seams close to shore. You'd be surprised at what one can catch in river that is blown out.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:27 pm

G-Man wrote:Tokul Creek.
Raging River.
Also, you can fish any river that is high, try targeting seams close to shore. You'd be surprised at what one can catch in river that is blown out.
Have you looked there at all lately? I dont recomend fishing anywhere on the snoqualmie. I was just there saturday and its bad conditions I didnt even toss a line in. Its gonna be worse now. When there is wood the size of small cars comming down the river stay out of it. I just got back from the cowlitz and its high but fishable. Its really slow though. Youll need to work really hard to even have a chance at a fish. In the last week Ive been down 3 times and been skunked 2 times and limited another. Each day is different there though. So maybe you hit it on a hot day.
More fish please!

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

I was originally gonna head out to Forks and fish the rivers there this weekend. Since we are on the subject, ya'll think that'll be a waste of time? I have three days off myself and was looking forward to it, now I'm thinking it may not be worth the drive.
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Raging River.
If the Raging is even fishable at all it will be from just below Preston and up. For the last, numerous years the Raging has had bad slide issues and has been putting in dirty water below Preston at any sign of rain. You really need to know the holes on this river in order to pull a fish out. They are few and far between.

NathanD
Petty Officer

Post by NathanD » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Raging River.
Agreed 100% , there is a bunch of fishable water when many think the rivers are too blown to be fished.I generally would concentrate on areas with a cleaner stream entering a river. I would also use a larger presentation and or bait. Brown water has and will always produce fish that are not spooked and found near shore willing to bite. If i was not working tomorrow I would be somewhere on the Skykomish or Skagit system for sure .

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Possibly the Stilly at Fortson which is the deadline, it clears quite fast that far up. That would be the only water on the Stilly that has any chance of being fishable. But its a 65 mile drive from where I live and only a little less for you.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 am

In my opinion to fish the higher flooding rivers is to fish in the grass lines very close to shore. The grass acts like a mud filter.I actually have my spin n glos in the grass itsself. Thats where the steel will run. Fish move well in high water.If a river is high thats ok. Its when its so muddy it looks like a latte is when I dont waste the time.I'll be on the Green over the weekend till the closure on the 16th.(Sunday).Sunday I will prolly plunk the lower Snoqualmie near Duval.There are always fish around Just got to serve them up a nice meal to attract them. The other thing is fishing the salt for steel. Past couple years Ive fished Bush Point,Fort Casey,and the Keystone ferry areas. I've caught nice steel casting a Hoochie and spin n glo from shore.There are many many options to fish high waters.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 am

To me any fishing is worth it, now if the waters were like they were a month ago with the flooding than I would stay away.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Just quickly on lunch break. Squidding should be primo bout now. Or fishing for BM off the piers. The beauty of the NW is theres always something to catch somewhere.

Just an FYI http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41080070/ns ... eattle_wa/ Big mudslide on Hiway 101 in mason county. Hiway 101 is closed there. If your heading to the OP. Take heed.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

JA
Angler

Post by JA » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:25 pm

If you want to try something different...... throw spinners of the beaches in the Tacoma Narrows from Point Defience to the bridge. There are a good amount of hungry Cutthroats right now. You will have plenty of room all to yourself. I fish this every year in January and Feb. and it is great. Just remember to only fish during a tidal change and you must catch/release.

ingi
Warrant Officer

Post by ingi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Im back from school for the weekend, i have no clue what the rivers are looking like, im sure there getting somewhat back to normal, the snake river is pretty muddy still from the flooding. Where would be the best bet for fishing this weekend in king, snohomish, or skagit county?

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 am

snoq/tokul area would be where I would be going if I was over on that side of the water.