Green/ Duwamish seems slow past the first ave bride.

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
krafty1
Petty Officer

Green/ Duwamish seems slow past the first ave bride.

Post by krafty1 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:38 pm

I like everyone has been to the spokane street bridge and had no problem getting the pinks. The past couple of days I fished further south in Tukwila and man what a different story. Lot af people no fish. Anyone seen anything different?

gpc
Admiral

RE:Green/ Duwamish seems slow past the first ave bride.

Post by gpc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:30 pm

I know exactly what you mean. Its next to impossible to not catch a fish at spokane street, but the rest is another story. On saturday we hit up the green and didnt even have a bite said screw it and went back to spokane street. Today we hit up the green, my budy had a pink on and my other buddy had a really nice silver right on the bank, but we eventually made it back to spoakne street. Even though spokane street is a complete night mare and you have to come with your best game when casting, its almost become a 2nd home for me LOL. I find myself battling the crowds everyday, just because I know when the pinks are gone I will have to wait another 2 years for them and who knows when the next run like this will be. So I must take advantage of it, or else I will really be kicking my self later on.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:06 am

I would have to agree. I have not fished the spokane street but have hit diagonal park a couple times and seen some fish. I fished in Tukwila today drove up nearly the entire area that is open for 1 chinook and only saw one guy with a pink. Not nearly as many jumpers as I expected...

juiced67
Petty Officer

Post by juiced67 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:24 am

it that bad...i went lastnight to the river and check it out and seen em.....gonna try this morning

jojo
Petty Officer

Post by jojo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:26 am

I hear what you are saying guys. But until the Spokane bridge is broke... I'm not gonna fix it. As long as I can limit in a couple hours there, I won't be moving south for a while. Going to bring out my green 14' alum tonight and tomorrow. That guy in the yellow canoe is killing me. haha see you out there

juiced67
Petty Officer

Post by juiced67 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:47 am

here my report....

fished by brannan park in auburn for 3 hours and almost landed one.....seen them in numbers....

goodluck you guys

Wade
Angler

Post by Wade » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:59 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wade
Angler

Post by Wade » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Isn't the river closed in Auburn. I thought the only sections open were to I-5 North and above the Auburn-Black Diamond road bridge?

Wade
Angler

Post by Wade » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:02 pm

juiced67,

That section of river doesn't open until Oct. 16. Read your regs!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:32 pm

Yeah what Wade said. That section isn't open at all right now...
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:29 pm

The rivers are pretty hit or miss down low. The pinks are coming in big schools running up as far and fast as they can, where they wait for the river levels to rise, then press on to spawn. The bad fishing could be due to a few days of bad tides or just a lack of fishing moving up. Fishing will only improve though.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:23 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:The pinks are coming in big schools running up as far and fast as they can, where they wait for the river levels to rise, then press on to spawn.
The one thing that I have noticed about pinks is the fact that they move upriver a lot no matter if the river is high or low. Pinks are not so picky as to when they move as other species are, they constantly move. They may sit tight for a minute and jump and roll all over, but this is only the schools of fish moving through. I have sat and watched them repeatedly in the shallow riffles in low water levels and I could see new schools of fish moving through constantly.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:40 pm

Yea I know that Mallard. I'm talking about the flow of incoming fish near the mouth. It's really subject to the tides. But up higher in the river, they are moving up as fast as possible. Just ripping upriver to try and get to spawning grounds...

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:02 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Yea I know that Mallard. I'm talking about the flow of incoming fish near the mouth. It's really subject to the tides. But up higher in the river, they are moving up as fast as possible. Just ripping upriver to try and get to spawning grounds...
Yes, but if you look back you stated that they move up as far as they can and then wait for river levels to RISE to move on to spawn. So now you are saying that they just rip up river once out of the tidally effected areas. Which one is it? I am not trying to argue with you on this one, but you stated one thing but now are saying another.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:54 pm

No they rip up river as fast as possible ONCE they hit the river. And it takes the right tidal influence at the mouth to get them INTO the river, but once in the river, they go as far as possible.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:29 pm

I already knew that, you were obviously confused with your own comment. Be more descriptive next time.

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:19 pm

Do the tribes have there nets in?

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:47 pm

krafty1 wrote:I like everyone has been to the spokane street bridge and had no problem getting the pinks. The past couple of days I fished further south in Tukwila and man what a different story. Lot af people no fish. Anyone seen anything different?
If you got a boat or pontoon fish over there by Boeing right where it bends(I think it's where they call it the Oxbow) C n R over 15 pinks there today afternoon at high tide , after fishing by the Spokane bridge in the morning on the boat.

krafty1
Petty Officer

Post by krafty1 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:21 am

Thanks Eddie......I will be out this weekend for sure!!!

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Quite abit of silvers between 1st Ave. bridge to Allen town(Tukwila).:cheers:
112th st. bridge and Allentown is a good bank fishing spot. Still have pinks and chinooks hanging around their too. I'll be out there in my boat tuesday.