NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
knotabassturd
Captain

RE:NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

Post by knotabassturd » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 pm

You have to pay to fish there for chums?#-o =; Against my religion. [biggrin]
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Fished the Green Sunday Started by the Golf course then Isaac Evans. Didnt see any rollers or jumpers. I threw spinners for a couple hours.I did not catch.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:15 pm

I went to metzler park today for the first time. Got there about 8am as someone was fighting a chum. Used bobber and jig as most everyone else was to. Stayed until 11am, 10-11 it got crowded. Lots of fish caught and jumping. Mostly dark but a few bright ones. I hooked my first bobber and jig fish which I let go.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:36 pm

I was a mile or two to far down it seems.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Anyone check out the 116th PUKE?

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:58 pm

kinghunter wrote:Chums should be coming in soon if they are not already in. At the Riverbend campground they have a Chum a thon event there so you should check it out. A guy name Bubba has this event every year, and he teaches people how to drift fish. There is a 5 or $6 fee to fish there. Call up the Riverbend Campground for more info.
You are paying to park there. Not to fish. :salut:
"One more......."

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Toni wrote:I went to metzler park today for the first time. Got there about 8am as someone was fighting a chum. Used bobber and jig as most everyone else was to. Stayed until 11am, 10-11 it got crowded. Lots of fish caught and jumping. Mostly dark but a few bright ones. I hooked my first bobber and jig fish which I let go.
Yay! Did you tie your jig yourself? What was the pattern?
"One more......."

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Hittin the cow saturday at Barrier Dam, or maybe the holes right below it. Gonna get me my first silver, or two. :fish:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:Hittin the cow saturday at Barrier Dam, or maybe the holes right below it. Gonna get me my first silver, or two. :fish:
Good luck FB. I hope you do catch some silvers, you will really have to work hard for them amongst those old boots. Last year it was insane, so many kings and silvers. Give us a report on how you do.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:17 pm

kinghunter wrote:
Fish_Bait111397 wrote:Hittin the cow saturday at Barrier Dam, or maybe the holes right below it. Gonna get me my first silver, or two. :fish:
Good luck FB. I hope you do catch some silvers, you will really have to work hard for them amongst those old boots. Last year it was insane, so many kings and silvers. Give us a report on how you do.
Im eager for the report. :cheers: . Just got home and spent $180 in fishing gear. :cyclops:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:34 am

I hit the Green on Sunday for 1.5 hours waiting to measure a house. I found a new hole to fish. Really nice. Very limited parking and right in front of this spot is a real deep hole to fish. Caught a decent looking chum ,let it go.It had the stripes so it wasnt bright enough.This spot has a picnic table and firepit right there.I'm calling this hole "My Hole". Hehehe

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:30 am

Heard some news about chums in the nasty starting to show up, but have not seen much of a report. Anyone had any luck there?

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:59 am

I been too busy hooking silvers and now with the reports of steel already in good. Chums are not on my mind. I think atleast one more silver outing then its full tilt winter steel.
More fish please!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 am

flinginpooh wrote:I been too busy hooking silvers and now with the reports of steel already in good. Chums are not on my mind. I think atleast one more silver outing then its full tilt winter steel.
Leave those red fire trucks alone.
"One more......."

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:20 pm

flinginpooh wrote:I been too busy hooking silvers and now with the reports of steel already in good. Chums are not on my mind. I think atleast one more silver outing then its full tilt winter steel.
Flipping spoiled... Gettin' those Coho #s this year and this time of year makes me jealous... I'm likely done for the year. Might try to get a squid outing or two since that's close to home.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Went to the nasty this am. Check out the report i just posted. It may take a bit to appear seeing as how i just entered it.#-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

dmangler69
Petty Officer

Post by dmangler69 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 pm

I fished Nisqually this morning on the Military side, no fish.
takes one to know one

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Thought about hitting the Nasty. But I really want to catch fish. So I think Ill pass and hit a different river tomorrow. I really wanna post more pics of steel.
More fish please!

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Just wondering if any of you die-hard fisher of man going out tomorrow and what river? I'm thinking either the Puke at the 116th hole or the NASTY. It seems from the reports the Cow is not doing well.