NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kinghunter
Warrant Officer

RE:NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

Post by kinghunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Fished the PUKE for about 1 1/2 hr in the rain. The river was muddy and water level slightly high. Didn't see anyone with fish or saw any fish in the river. I thought the river would be packed with fish but nope, it hasn't changed since they closed it. It is DEAD!!!

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Well that sucks.Sorry to hear about no fish Kinghunter.You will get te next time. I agree with you I was almost positive the river would be filled with fish, but I guess not.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:16 am

Just added the Cow on my topic for any updates also. Any more silvers at the Cow or are they all just old booties?

uwhusky82
Angler

Post by uwhusky82 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:14 am

I fished the cow at Barrier Sat and Sun this weekend. This is my first year salmon fishing so for me it was great got my first keeper of the season when I hooked an 8# silver and also hooked a pretty decent 20 plus # king. My brother took home 2 good sized silvers as well. We both landed a native so they were released and landed quite a few boots. But we got a few silvers and others were landing some here and there as well. Hope this helps

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:05 am

kinghunter wrote:Fished the PUKE for about 1 1/2 hr in the rain. The river was muddy and water level slightly high. Didn't see anyone with fish or saw any fish in the river. I thought the river would be packed with fish but nope, it hasn't changed since they closed it. It is DEAD!!!
Well at least you got to fish, thanks for the report Kinghunter.
"One more......."

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am

uwhusky82 wrote:I fished the cow at Barrier Sat and Sun this weekend. This is my first year salmon fishing so for me it was great got my first keeper of the season when I hooked an 8# silver and also hooked a pretty decent 20 plus # king. My brother took home 2 good sized silvers as well. We both landed a native so they were released and landed quite a few boots. But we got a few silvers and others were landing some here and there as well. Hope this helps
Where at Barrier were you fishing? How crowded was it? Any pics?
"One more......."

uwhusky82
Angler

Post by uwhusky82 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 am

Will get pics posted soon. I was down toward the boat launch both days and it wasn't crowded at all down there...just up where the chute is was pretty packed and being new to river fishin I didn't want to combat fish

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:37 pm

uwhusky82 wrote:Will get pics posted soon. I was down toward the boat launch both days and it wasn't crowded at all down there...just up where the chute is was pretty packed and being new to river fishin I didn't want to combat fish
Where you plunking?
"One more......."

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Prolly bobber and egg. But I dunno bout that bobber crap. Still never caught a fish on the river with one yet.
More fish please!

dmangler69
Petty Officer

Post by dmangler69 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Puke was muddy when I went by it on riverroad about 2 hours ago. Where you guys fishing at? Like to meet some new people and see how you pros fish.
takes one to know one

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:24 pm

flinginpooh wrote:Prolly bobber and egg. But I dunno bout that bobber crap. Still never caught a fish on the river with one yet.
You aren't alone. More fish for me.
"One more......."

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Maybe the fish already went thru the puke while it was closed? Maybe the puke run is over? Hopefully not, chum should be in there.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:12 pm

jens wrote:
flinginpooh wrote:Prolly bobber and egg. But I dunno bout that bobber crap. Still never caught a fish on the river with one yet.
Ha dont worry bobber master. This will be the year I learn the ways of the bobber and show you that my schwartz is bigger then yours muhahahahahaha.
More fish please!

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:58 am

Same here poop, I haven't had much luck with B&E for steely down at the Cow. I think Jens not telling us his secret scent, maybe pickle juice? garlic juice? He has mentioned several times about bear scent (could that be it?)?

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:00 am

Ooooops sorry, meant pooh :-"

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:45 am

flinginpooh wrote:
jens wrote:
Ha dont worry bobber master. This will be the year I learn the ways of the bobber and show you that my schwartz is bigger then yours muhahahahahaha.
The year isn't over yet. End of November and all of December I am fishing hard. 49 to go.
"One more......."

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Alright bro. We'll be waitin'.... And countin'...
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

uwhusky82
Angler

Post by uwhusky82 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:26 am

Where you plunking?[quote]

I fished yarn and corky both days and the fedw guys I seen using bobber and eggs were not catching fish

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Hows the Nasty doing?????

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Chums should be coming in soon if they are not already in. At the Riverbend campground they have a Chum a thon event there so you should check it out. A guy name Bubba has this event every year, and he teaches people how to drift fish. There is a 5 or $6 fee to fish there. Call up the Riverbend Campground for more info.