Map of Lake Chelan

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
eightballsaul
Petty Officer

Map of Lake Chelan

Post by eightballsaul » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Is anyone familiar with or know of a detailed map of the lake itself. I really want to learn more about this fishery so I can go over their myself. Guided trips are a little to expensive for my taste and I have my own boat that is fully outfitted but I know nothing about the lake and the various locations that are talked about, such as "the Trench " or "Rocky Point". HELP! Or where to put in. I am very familiar with the town of Chelan, just not the lake. Thanks for the help.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Map of Lake Chelan

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 am

eightballsaul wrote:Is anyone familiar with or know of a detailed map of the lake itself. I really want to learn more about this fishery so I can go over their myself. Guided trips are a little to expensive for my taste and I have my own boat that is fully outfitted but I know nothing about the lake and the various locations that are talked about, such as "the Trench " or "Rocky Point". HELP! Or where to put in. I am very familiar with the town of Chelan, just not the lake. Thanks for the help.
I think there is one around the internet, but we don't have it.

Old Mill is the quality boat launch to use. I "think" both the guides on this site do half days, and considering the drive and the technical nature of the fishery it would be money well spent. But if a half day isn't an option either, I would suggest just start reading, there are hundreds of reports. Also, as a Premium Member you have access to the "Hot Spots" feature which includes the very spots the guides are mentioning. You just download the gps numbers, or print out the map.

Go to the "Members" tab, then "GPS Hotspots", then select Chelan county and lake. There are easily a couple dozen. Your membership just paid for itself!

Lake Chelan lower basin boat launches
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:56 am

The GPS hotspots Mike mentioned will help a good bit. Also make sure you have a really good FF. The State Park (the more southern of the two) has a decent launch.
Lee

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 am

Come on, here is your sense of adventure? It's called fishing for a reason. [biggrin]

A quick session with google yielded this: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/pubs/871.pdf

Keep in mind the lake is huge and very deep, getting a map with extreme detail is very unlikely. Using your sonar, the information you glean from this site and the basic map above should get you off to a good start.

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Map of Lake Chelan

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:14 pm

You can use the Navionics web app. Click on the SONAR button in the lower left corner for more detail.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#b ... acHdwl%7CU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Odd. The post I was responding to a minute ago is now gone?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Larry3215 wrote:Odd. The post I was responding to a minute ago is now gone?
The other guy was a spammer from india, I deleted it, and him...
Tom.

Interests: living

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Ah! thanks!

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Paying for a guide for one day can save you a bunch of frustration and time in the future. Just make sure to pay attention and take notes if you have to! Then you will know where to, what with, how, and when. You can adjust from there to suit yourself. It really is money well spent.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:02 am

Spammer post (now deleted) dredged up a very old post, last reply to this topic was by G-Man 6yrs ago:
by G-Man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 am
[wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 am

Yup. I had noticed that. :) :)
Tom.

Interests: living

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 pm

I didn't! Not the first time either... ](*,)