New fishin partners?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Norton360
Angler

New fishin partners?

Post by Norton360 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Hey, my name is Austin I'm new to the forums, but not to the site I've been reading reports and forums for about the past year and decided to join. I currently live in Lacey,WA not too far from the Nisqually river. I'm 18 years old and lookin to find a new crowd to fish with. Don't get me wrong I love sittin on the river even if I'm by myself, but none of my friends are into the outdoors like I am. And I'm looking to find new people to hit the rivers with, or possibly carpool to some of the hot spots on the peninsula or down south. By the posts I've seen I believe I've seen a few of you at either the skok or the nasty. I've been avid into fishing since I could hold a pole, tying flies and steely jigs has been a hobby for a few years now. I'm just trying to find a good group who loves the sport like I do. I'm not into snagging or being a jackass when it comes to fishing, I do it fairly and to have fun. So if anyone is interested in adding a new person to the group or just tryna meet up and have a day of fishing let me know.
Thanks,
Austin.
"I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a hell of a life fishing"

kzoo
Commodore

RE:New fishin partners?

Post by kzoo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:24 am

Welcome to the site Austin! I don't fish the nisqually, but I know several do on this site. For some reason your generation doesn't have too many anglers, I've been bass fishing with a few new guys with same situation, none of there friends fish and are fishing by themselves constantly.

How about guys! Someone give a little company to our new forum angler!

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:03 am

I would be down but i live up by everett
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Norton360 wrote: I'm not into snagging or being a jackass when it comes to fishing, I do it fairly and to have fun. So if anyone is interested in adding a new person to the group or just tryna meet up and have a day of fishing let me know.
Thanks,
Austin.
Austin, I salute you in taking the higher road on how you fish. :salut: :salut: I too live a lot farther N. than where you are, but hopefully somebody on here is closer to you. Good luck out there and hang on to your good values on the water.:cheers:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:02 pm

oh forgot to say welcome and nice to meet you, names taylor
tight lines and good luck
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

Norton360
Angler

Post by Norton360 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks for the replies so far guys. And Quadfather thanks for the salute haha, I see too many people arguing about how to fish and whats wrong and whats right now a days. People forget what the sport is about it's about having fun and for some of us dinner on the table for our families. And thanks for welcoming me to the site Taylor. And I believe there is a few people from around the South Puget Sound region on here. Kzoo I beleive that is the problem not too many people around my age are into fishing or the outdoors. Hopefully more and more people can be introduced to the sport and the outdoors, people are missing a hell of a time!
Tight lines all!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a hell of a life fishing"

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Norton360 - welcome! You can also post your info on this thread:

Fishing Buddies List

and I'll add you to the list.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Names Jacob Tieszen, will fish for anything that swims, mainly salmon though. Will fish rivers Puyallup,Carbon,Nasty,Maybe Green,Cowlitz, Skookumchuck, and any other river around these areas. Would love for someone to teach me how to catch a steelhead,
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:06 pm

I used to go to school in lacey, but I'm in lynnwood now. But I've been known to take the drive down there when the fish are in. I've been wanting to check out the skookumchuck lately, used to fish mad steelhead when I was a kid. Let me know when the fish are in and I'll hit the river with you. I'm in the same boat, all my friends are non-fisher folks and they think I'm weird. I've met up with a couple of folks from the site and they're usually good people.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:Names Jacob Tieszen, will fish for anything that swims, mainly salmon though. Will fish rivers Puyallup,Carbon,Nasty,Maybe Green,Cowlitz, Skookumchuck, and any other river around these areas. Would love for someone to teach me how to catch a steelhead, cough cough jens cough :-"
catchin steelies aint that hard at all fish bait, just gotta be at the river when they're there is all. Not too different than salmon, only's they're a bit more lines shy, not like those dumb kings at the skoke.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:09 am

natetreat wrote:
Fish_Bait111397 wrote:Names Jacob Tieszen, will fish for anything that swims, mainly salmon though. Will fish rivers Puyallup,Carbon,Nasty,Maybe Green,Cowlitz, Skookumchuck, and any other river around these areas. Would love for someone to teach me how to catch a steelhead, cough cough jens cough :-"
catchin steelies aint that hard at all fish bait, just gotta be at the river when they're there is all. Not too different than salmon, only's they're a bit more lines shy, not like those dumb kings at the skoke.
Alright thanks nate, I have had alot of people tell me catchin a steelie is pretty hard,(people at the skoke), I know what ya mean by the dumb kings..
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:22 am

To be honest I had better luck and hooked into more steel head this year than salmon. (winter and summer)

A lot of the rivers don't have the numbers for steel that they do for salmon so there will be less fish to catch. That is what makes it harder, not the fact that they are jsut harder to catch, just less numbers. This isn't always the case on all rivers though. I will be heading out to the OP late next month to try and get some early run metal heads. Norton, if you are willing to meet me in Bremerton area I wil ldrive the rest of the way.......early and long day though. 2 to 3 hour drive to get to the fishing grounds.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:23 am

Also planning a trip now to take a few day off for the springer run on the Columbia next year. Cold camping along the river....plunking not a ton of fun but if the run is good can limit every day.

cogitator
Petty Officer

Post by cogitator » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 am

Name - Steve
Area - Bellingham
No boat - but would kick in for gas if someone has an open seat.
I fish for any species from N.Snohomish County to Canadian border.
Non-smoker, non-drinker, but tolerant if not in a confined area.
I am retired so any day I'm good to go, except Sundays during football season.
Anytime of the day, from predawn to dark (or beyond maybe - where legal)
slvolz@hotmail.com

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:00 am

cogitator wrote:Name - Steve
Area - Bellingham
No boat - but would kick in for gas if someone has an open seat.
I fish for any species from N.Snohomish County to Canadian border.
Non-smoker, non-drinker, but tolerant if not in a confined area.
I am retired so any day I'm good to go, except Sundays during football season.
Anytime of the day, from predawn to dark (or beyond maybe - where legal)
slvolz@hotmail.com
again, we have a master list for fishing buddies, check my previous post...
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".