snagging gear that i found saturday the 16

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
leif-liden
Petty Officer

RE:snagging gear that i found saturday the 16

Post by leif-liden » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 pm

You should record it so we all can see! It will happen someday I'm sure of it lol
"A fishing pole is a stick with a hook at one end and a fool on the other."

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:55 am

Matt wrote:
Brian253 wrote:Hey MATT I didn't ask for a grammar lesson when I posted, but thanks for trying:salut:
I believe you mean spelling lesson, not grammar? :salut:

AT LEAST YOU DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS THOUGH, THAT IS REALLY ANNOYING.

Knot, that's the spirit! I love messing with them too. Blowing them down in boat wake is my new goto, but I have done the sneaky jerking and yanking scenario you describe. I have also purposely gotten tangled with snaggers from across the channel, wrangled up their gear, and secured it to my side of the bank.

I can't wait for someone to cast a rig into my boat so I can hook it onto the gunnel and take off with the pump! [lol]

Don't worry about Matt. He's a arse a lot. But he is from Bellingham, so he just doesn't know any better.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:34 am

Trying to get action out of the state is a total joke. I call the game dept. They tell me to call the state patrol and report it. The state patrol says they are busy and will dispatch officers when they can. 2 days later and the renegade nets are still in.I do the calls again .First to the game dept who again tells me to call the state patrol. At that point I say to heck with it."If you want something done right,often times you must do it yourself." I told some friends ,they got there grappling hooks and removed the nets.If you want a law enforced in this state you have to take it upon yourself.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:45 am

Some people on here are just so cool!!! I only hope some day I can be that cool. I hope not all people from bellingham are huge d-bags lol let me know of any errors in this sentence! Thanks bud
Last edited by Brian253 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 am

Brian253 wrote:Some people on here are just so cool!!! I only hope some day I can be that cool. I hope not all people from bellingham are huge d-bags lol let me know of any errors in this sentence! Thanks bud

Ok lets break it down for ya lol. First sentence, I don't see a problem there. Second one, some day, its actually someday. Only prob I see. Ok for the third one. It is a run on sentence, thats for sure. 2 commas could have fixed that though. Other then that you did a fantastic job Brian. lol Just messing around.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
More fish please!

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 am

Lol ok thanks pooh I need a critic for my posts!! Your the best

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 am

Brian253 wrote:Some people on here are just so cool!!! I only hope some day I can be that cool. I hope not all people from bellingham are huge d-bags lol let me know of any errors in this sentence! Thanks bud
Just bustin' your chops Brian. Not being serious at all.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 am

What the?? I MEAN WHAT THE??
"One more......."

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 am

Haha well good job matt it don't take much to fire me up I was gonna start hurting feelings:rambo:

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm

WOW I LOVE HOW A FISHING SITE TURNS INTO CHECK/UR/SPELLING/RUN/MY/MOUTH.COM HAHAHAHAHAHA MATT THANKS FOR THE CAPS ADVICE :) HERE IS SOME FOR YOU.....THERE ARE ALOT OF CREEPS ON THE INTERNET. I WOULD NOT SAY IT IS WISE TO HAVE A CLOSE UP PIC OF MY FACE, PICS OF MY BOAT, MY TRUCK, LOCATIONS OF WHERE I FISH AND WHEN I AM GOING TO FISH THEM, AND TURN AROUND AND TAUNT STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET LOL. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE GUY FISHING NEXT TO YOU MIGHT RECOGNIZE YOU FIRST AT A REMOTE SPOT......IF YOU ASK ME THATS PRETTY SCARY HAHAHAHAHA! DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY I JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT WHEN THERE ARE SAFTEY ISSUES :) NOW, CAN WE GET BACK TO SNAGGING AND WHY IT SUCKS. I LIKE THAT NUMBERS AND INFO WHERE POSTED FOR PEOPLE TO USE. AS FAR AS COPS AND WARDENS COMING OR NOT...WELL YOU SHOULD STILL TRY EVEN IF YOU DONT THINK THEY WILL COME RIGHT? THAT WAY THEY WILL COME IF IT CONTINUES. IF THEY CONTINUE TO GET CALLS AND REPORTS, IDEALLY THAT LOCATION SHOULD BECOME A PRIORITY THAT THEY CAN FOCUS ON RIGHT? YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM, OR PART OF THE SOLUTION, AND THIS IS A GREAT FORM TO BECOME PART OF THE SOLUTION.......AND HELP OTHERS WITH SPELLING HAHAHAHAHAHA, SORRY I HAD TO GO THERE ONE MORE TIME!

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Please stop posting in all caps, it's hard on the eyes.

If you want enforcement to happen, you should try submitting the problems as a news story to a local channel. You'll probably get more out of them than you will from the state. I hear in lots of cities they don't even come out to investigate car break-ins anymore. You just file online and get a 'report' in the mail for insurance purposes....
Lee

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm

bionic_one wrote:Please stop posting in all caps, it's hard on the eyes.

If you want enforcement to happen, you should try submitting the problems as a news story to a local channel. You'll probably get more out of them than you will from the state. I hear in lots of cities they don't even come out to investigate car break-ins anymore. You just file online and get a 'report' in the mail for insurance purposes....
usually damges and stolen property don't amount to a deductible. Lose lose situation.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm

fisherman31579 wrote:MATT THANKS FOR THE CAPS ADVICE :) HERE IS SOME FOR YOU.....There are a lot of creeps on the internet. I would not say it is wise to have close up pic of my face, pics of my boat, my truck, locations of where I fish and when I am going to fish them, and turn around and taunt strangers on the internet lol. You never know when the guy fishing next to you might recognize you first at a remoste spot….. if you ask me that’s pretty scary HAHAHAHAHA!
Took the liberty to take the caps lock off for you. Personally, I do not believe in living life in fear, that is no way to live and anyone who does probably doesn't ever have very much fun. I don't think I "taunted" anyone, let alone to a point where I should feel like I am putting myself, my personal belongings, or my livelihood at risk. I was merely poking fun and some people obviously took things WAY WAY WAAAAAAY too seriously, and for that I am sorry. Lighten up.

Bionic has a point about contacting media, if you find repeat offending not being taken seriously the media can sometimes be helpful. Be careful though, they may draw TOO MUCH attention from enforcement OR glorify the area in question as a haven for law breakers in which case they might push to shut the whole site down. Bottom line to the whole thing is that snagging is GOING to occur, whether or not enforcement is around. A lot of times snaggers will keep right on snaggin' when there is a fish cop standing right in plain sight, they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:39 pm

You got that right. Snagging is like prostitution.Both are illegal and both have been around a long time and will continue. People complain about it but the only ones who care about snagging is us fisherpeople.The masses dont care about a few salmon being snagged,even though its thousands.With the economy the way its is you'll see way more snagging and poaching. Not to mention the outlandish prices and smaller bounty. Unfortunately the state budget cuts start in Fish and Wildlife and Game Dept. Im not gonna get politically ugly . I feel the fishing person will suffer the most because here we feel sooo sorry for the Native Netters that they end up deciding the cut percentages.If you wanna fish here in the Northwest you got to put up with certain things. Fish and enjoy the moment.You can always have a win win situation if fishing is enjoyable more then a nessecity for food.JMO
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:42 pm

racfish wrote:You got that right. Snagging is like prostitution.
Haha, darn Racfish, I think a better thing to say would have been, "They are both an easy, surefire way to SUCCESS!"
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Lol @ fisherman31579, good point! I would never mess with some ones boat, that its messed up! I have been known to jack a jaw or two, but not over a stupid fishing forums ha ha. And back to the origin of this thread, I pull crap like that up sometimes. I weiner when these guys come fish that kind of rig because I have never seen one in the act, probably past legal fishing time snagging loads of fish

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:01 pm

THE MEDIA IS A GOOD IDEA BUT THEY PROBABLY WONT CARE UNLESS IT IS LIKE A KEN SHRAM GIG. FACT OF MATTER IS LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES ARE PAID WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS AND THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR, TO ENFORCE LAWS. IF A PLACE LIKE THIS EDUCATES PEOPLE AND PEOPLE WHO FISH FILE COMPLAINTS MORE OFFTEN THEN IT WILL HELP. WHEN IT DOES NOT, YOU GO HIGHER TO THE ADMIN STAFF OF THOSE AGENCIES AND DEPT., AND WORK YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND. ONCE THIS IS ACHIEVED AND NOTHING IS DONE, THAT IS WHEN YOU CONTACT THE MEDIA AND HAVE A HIGHER RATE FOR ACCOMPLISHING THE GOAL. MEDIA DOESNT CARE ABOUT US OR OUR FISH BUT THEY LOVE TO MAKE LAW ENFORCEMENT LOOK BAD ANY CHANCE THEY GET.....WHICH IS WHY I DONT LIKE THE MEDIA. AND LETS BE HONEST, A PERSON WHO BECOMES A GAME WARDEN HAS SOME PASSION FOR HIS/HER JOB AND THATS WHY THEY GET IN THAT FIELD, SO DONT YOU THINK THEY WOULD LOVE TO BUST SOME CRAP BAG SNAGGER? ITS PROBABLY NOT BY THIER CHOICE THEY DONT RESPOND, SO PUT PRESSURE ON THEIR SUPERVISORS THAT MAKE IT HARDER ON THEM. AND DO YOU THINK A COP WOULD RATHER BE ON A HWY ISSUING TICKETS OR HAVING A REASON TO HANG OUT DOWN BY A RIVER. JUST A THOUGHT.

HAHAHA AND MATT, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING SENSITIVE, I JUST GIGGLE A LITTLE AT YOUR POOR SENCE IF HUMMOR :) JUST BECAUSE YOU MAKE 20 POSTS A DAY ON HERE DOESNT MAKE YOU AN ADMINISTRATOR, AND OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE DONT WANT/NEED YOU TO CORRECT THEIR SPELLING OR POSTS. THIS SITE IS JUST AS MUCH MINE AS YOURS. AND MAYBE MORE PEOPLE WOULD POST REPORTS AND PAY TO BE A MEMBER ON HERE IF THEY DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CRAPPY ATTITUDE (I MEAN REALLY FUNNY SENCE OF HUMOR), OR NEGATIVE ATTITUDE. I PERSONALLY WANT TO READ ABOUT FISHING ON HERE, NOT HEAR SOME 120 LB GREMLIN WITH A BEARD VOICE HIS OPINION ON SOMEONE ELSES SPELLING (NOT GRAMER). I LOVE FISHING BUT I HATE IDIOTS.

Bionic Man, don't worry about the format I choose to use for "my" posts, you are not my dad. If they hurt your eyes, either go to the Dr. and get your eyes checked, or ignore them and don't read them. You have that choice, just as I have the choice of using all CAPS. As a courtesy I "CHOSE" to use lower case so you could better understand the freedoms of open public forums.

AT THIS RATE I DONT THINK WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THE SLIGHTEST DENT IN SNAGGING.....MAYBE I SHOULD START BASS FISHING LOL!

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:01 pm

I snag bass.
More fish please!

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm

BAHAHAHA damn dude now that's good stuff 120 lb gremlin with a beard!!! so true tho more ppl would post if they weren't worried bout negative criticism

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:13 pm

fisherman31579 wrote: HAHAHA AND MATT, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING SENSITIVE, I JUST GIGGLE A LITTLE AT YOUR POOR SENCE IF HUMMOR :) JUST BECAUSE YOU MAKE 20 POSTS A DAY ON HERE DOESNT MAKE YOU AN ADMINISTRATOR, AND OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE DONT WANT/NEED YOU TO CORRECT THEIR SPELLING OR POSTS. THIS SITE IS JUST AS MUCH MINE AS YOURS. AND MAYBE MORE PEOPLE WOULD POST REPORTS AND PAY TO BE A MEMBER ON HERE IF THEY DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CRAPPY ATTITUDE (I MEAN REALLY FUNNY SENCE OF HUMOR), OR NEGATIVE ATTITUDE. I PERSONALLY WANT TO READ ABOUT FISHING ON HERE, NOT HEAR SOME 120 LB GREMLIN WITH A BEARD VOICE HIS OPINION ON SOMEONE ELSES SPELLING (NOT GRAMER). I LOVE FISHING BUT I HATE IDIOTS.
Fisherman, the only thing I "did to you" was say that typing in caps is annoying. And I didn't even say it TO YOU, it was NOT a personal attack. I merely stated the fact that typing in all caps is annoying, which it is. I know I am not an admin but have gained the respect of my peers by being informative and helpful in this community for YEARS, not by attacking fellow members. I have been patronizing this website for as long as I can remember, and NEVER have I had a problem with any other members, in fact I have made many new friends and fishing partners. I feel that my "sense" of humor is just fine and not in need of fixing and my attitude towards fishing and this community are both nothing but positive. I do not appreciate your personal attacks on my stature, intelligence, and sense of humor. Please do not continue to harass me. Thank you.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.