Home Lake

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cavdad45
Commodore

Home Lake

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:54 pm

Each of us has what we call a home lake. It's the bass lake close to home that you fish most often. My home lake is Lacamas Lake, followed closely by Silver Lake. What's yours?

leahcim_dahc
Commander

RE:Home Lake

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:05 pm

Hmmm....I wish I had one I could call a "Home Lake" that produced some decent catches. Unfortunately, I am still learning Bass fishing in this state, so lots of experimentation at different lakes and ponds. Mostly Swofford, Tanwax, and Ohop. Still need to try out Kapowsin, and Clear Lake...and what seems to be an endless list of various fishing holes I have yet to try. I've been able to drag out a couple LMB from Swofford and Ohop, but nothing worth bragging about...yet. But that's half the fun...I guess. :bounce:

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:20 pm

I dont really have a home lake. I am lucky enough to live with in 10 miles of 10 or 12 lakes the sound and the green river. I would say at the beginning of trout season angle lake would my "home" lake just because I live only a few blocks a way and my little boat use to be parked at a private dock there. For the last couple of years during the summer months my home lake would be Potholes Reservoir, despite the fact that I live 187 miles away. But I would go there almost every weekend. Then come fall the Des Moines Marina would be my home lake (or home body of salt water). I would go down there daily, even though my success rate was far from outstanding. Now that I picked up river fishing The duwamish has been my home. Its only about a 15 minute drive but come the 1st the green will be open and thats only about a 10 minute drive. But I fish all over from Stevens county to king county and down to lewis county. Lakes, rivers, creeks, and the sound.

Jo
Petty Officer

Post by Jo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:47 pm

I'd have to say Long Lake in Kitsap co. is my home lake. It's 22 miles from my door to the launch. I haven't fished it since the trolls went in.

noclothes1
Lieutenant

Post by noclothes1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Lake Terrell is 12 minutes from my house. I've spent many hours fishing the same 200 yards of shoreline.
"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"

Silent Angler
Petty Officer

Post by Silent Angler » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:08 pm

decisons, decisions, decisions...i have many lakes to choose from but i consider st clair lake is my home lake. it is well known for the trout fishery so i enjoy fishing for largemouth bass all by myself!
Fishing is the life.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:29 pm

My home bass lake is Cottage Lake, easy access for my 10' boat and close to home. I have a few others, this is just the closest and easiest to fish from my 10 footer.

Proverb
Warrant Officer

Post by Proverb » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:08 pm

Wawawai would be my home "lake" it's a resevoir on the Snake River.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:14 pm

Island Lake(KitsapCounty) it's 10 minutes from my house,and I have great sucsess fly fishing for bass and other fish.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Beaver Lake on the plateau in King County.

viet
Petty Officer

Post by viet » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:34 pm

my home lake is more of a pond, we call it the church pond, its in bothell. it i had to chose a lake it would be lake crescent in monroe, even though its not that close. i always find myself driving the half hour out to it.
there's nothing better than standing on the side of a lake or river knowing that only a handful of people have stood in that exact spot and witness the beauty of mother nature first hand.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Jo wrote:I'd have to say Long Lake in Kitsap co. is my home lake. It's 22 miles from my door to the launch. I haven't fished it since the trolls went in.
Whats the trolls ??
aka Powerworm

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:45 pm

I guess I would call Long Lake in Spokane County my "home" lake. 15 minutes from my driveway to the boat launch, and pretty much every fish that swims in Washington waters can be found there. Tons of smallmouth, and some huge largemouth too. Also it's big enough where you can always find somewhere new to fish, and its got every kind of structure you can imagine, from stumps to laydowns to weedflats to docks, riprap, boulders, islands, lily pads, you name it. The water clarity varies from pea soup to crystal clear depending on which end of the lake you are on. Basically any kind of bass fishing you prefer, you can find it in on Long.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:59 pm

ChrisB wrote:
Jo wrote:I'd have to say Long Lake in Kitsap co. is my home lake. It's 22 miles from my door to the launch. I haven't fished it since the trolls went in.
Whats the trolls ??

I'm quessing he means the toll road on the Tacoma Narrows. Or maybe Long Lake has trolls that fish the banks now.
Ohh, and as far as a home lake, I couldn't consider any really as a home lake. I'm close to a lot and fish them all equally. I would like to consider Kitsap Lake my home lake but I haven't spent enough time on it to know it well enough yet.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:52 pm

My home lake is definitely either Lacamas or Round lake. Besides fishing Battlegroun lake once and the columbia river. Ive fished Round lake over 25 times this year. Not great experiences, but had fun times.
If in doubt set the hook!

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:21 pm

It would be unfair for me to name a "home" lake. I have a harem of lakes that I visit often -- I love them all -- I wouldn't want to play favorites.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:18 am

i'd have to say lake washington, not the closest lake but the one i fish the most.