Brussel Sprouts

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
Splitshot
Warrant Officer

RE:Brussel Sprouts

Post by Splitshot » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Yuk?
Ew?

More like mmmmm-mmm!

Nice recipe Wolverine, bet you balsalmic vinegar would be good.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Grillin sprouts is excellent. I've been grillin Okra Sprouts,Zukes,and asparagi. You cant beat grilled veggies like that. Matt Im really suprised at you being that you have Native American in your blood. Like Rich said I wont give you a hard time.Balsamic with grilled veggies is excellent with a drizziling of olive oil. My biggest hit was my pickled Brussel Sprouts.I make both mild and Habaneroed ones.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Deka
Petty Officer

Post by Deka » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:45 pm

racfish wrote:Grillin sprouts is excellent. I've been grillin Okra Sprouts,Zukes,and asparagi. You cant beat grilled veggies like that. Matt Im really suprised at you being that you have Native American in your blood. Like Rich said I wont give you a hard time.Balsamic with grilled veggies is excellent with a drizziling of olive oil. My biggest hit was my pickled Brussel Sprouts.I make both mild and Habaneroed ones.
So just exactly how hot are the 'Habaneroed ones'? I'm a bit of a pepperhead but this may be too hot for me! :bom:

BTW: Congrat's on your weight loss! WW is a great program. I lost 70 lbs myself on WW. During my weight loss I used spices to add flavor to my meals. That is why I'm a pepperhead. LOL

Deka

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:33 am

Toss a couple of hands full into the Dutch with Cornish Game Hens, Onions, Carrots & Spuds. I use a can of ginger ale as a moisture base. I wish I could print the noise my mouth is making just thinking about it.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 pm

lotech that sounds pretty good. in fact we just at some spouts tonight:chef:
fish on!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:10 am

We picked up 4 of the stalks at Carpentinos. A solid 3 foot long each. After cutting them from the stalk, we had a HUGE stainless steel bowl rounded full.

As far as them being finished... I prefer mine to still be a bit firm, not still raw though. If I get lazy and use the microwave, it never takes more than 4 minutes. Zap 1 min & stir, zap another min & stir.....

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Rich...I picked up 6 stalks . Its a job taking them off and cleaning them up but I made 8 quarts of plain and 9 pints of Jalapeno sprouts.

Now is the time to get. with one more heavy rain they could be wiped out like last year. One good rain spoils them.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:49 pm

racfish wrote:Rich...I picked up 6 stalks . Its a job taking them off and cleaning them up but I made 8 quarts of plain and 9 pints of Jalapeno sprouts.

Now is the time to get. with one more heavy rain they could be wiped out like last year. One good rain spoils them.
Hmmm, that jalapeno idea sound sgood.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 am

When I was learning to ride a bike my dad let my bike go down a small hill to teach me. One time at Seward Park I couldnt figure out the brakes and my face got busted up on a tree.Ever since then I cant taste real well,which is funny cuz I cook alot.I can only taste the sensations like salt ,sugar and hot.Therefore I make pickled products and jams jellies.Almost everything I pickle I make reg. and some with peppers.Thats why so many of my recipes have hot peppers in it.

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 am

:chef: Brussel Sprouts are one of my wife's favorite veggies...She has cooked them the same way her mother did 50 years ago....Steam 16 to 20 sprouts and then add 2-3 table spoons of honey and a 1/2 cup of cider vinegar and few tablespoons of butter mix carefully so the they don't fall apart and let them simmer in the cider-honey-butter for about 5 minutes, drain and serve. You can adjust the amount of honey if needed. My wife never measures anything when making the sprouts , so you can try various amounts to your taste. (Feeds 2) I have always liked them this way. "Tip" cook them on the side burner of the BBQ,outside, so the house doesn't stink .=p~ Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:59 pm

FC that sounds excellent. I was at Carpinitos last week after steelheading and they still have some produce including sprouts. Measuring? Whats that. LOL.

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”