My daughter is critically ill

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
islandbass
Commander

RE: My daughter is critically ill

Post by islandbass » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:36 pm

Toni,

My gosh, I just saw this now. More prayers and thoughts on the way.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 am

We are still here for you. Sending good thoughts and more prayers
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:45 am

Toni,

Be strong and know there is a bunch of positive energy and prayer for you're family being sent. Thank-you for making time to let us know progress and updates.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Today was the same. She is stable. She has been on just one blood pressure medication but her toes and 2 finger tips are still black. I was saddened that there wasn’t any improvement. Larry went in this afternoon and I was going tonight because they said she is more alert in the evening. The nurse even asked Larry if she were a night owl. LOL, of course she is. As I got there I asked God to give me a sign that she was going to get better.

I chatted with the nurses and then they needed to do their 10pm stats on her. One is looking at digital display that shows the rates for blood O2, heart, blood pressure, …and She says to the other nurse come look at this. Her respiration was 16 on 2 monitors. It has always been 10. So the one nurse changes something into negative to she IF SHE IS BREATHING ON HER OWN! Yep she is. I said well of course she wants to chat with us.
She didn’t wake up or anything. It took me a few minutes to realize I got my sign. When I left her respiration was 12. Thank you Jesus! As I left I asked the nurse what this really means. She said SHE IS WAKING UP. The doctor gave orders for her to be sedated but the nurse said that she wasn’t going to do it until Alawna is uncomfortable. So she is slowly being weaned from a lot of the medicine.

This doesn’t mean that she is off any of the support that she is getting. Yet!
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Toni, that sounds like good news if she is breathing on her own and able to hold her respiration rate down around 12 per minute. Let's keep hoping she makes strides here although it rarely is a straight up improvement process. May have some ups and downs.
Take care and keep up your tremendous efforts for your daughter. She may be able to hear everything you are saying and you being there for her continues to help her:) Remember to try and get some sleep when you can...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:49 pm

knotabassturd wrote:Toni, that sounds like good news if she is breathing on her own and able to hold her respiration rate down around 12 per minute. Let's keep hoping she makes strides here although it rarely is a straight up improvement process. May have some ups and downs.
Take care and keep up your tremendous efforts for your daughter. She may be able to hear everything you are saying and you being there for her continues to help her:) Remember to try and get some sleep when you can...
She is still on the ventalor.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 am

Toni- I hope she can get weaned off the vent fairly soon. It can be a little tricky going from relying on the vent to relying on the lungs again and may take a little time but it is encouraging to see her vital sigms seemed pretty stable in your last update. She is probably in very good hands. Take care...
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:37 am

Hi Toni,

Just checkin in and I see by your last post that Alawna is still stable and it sounds like she is improving thank goodness. Thanks for keeping us updated. Our prayers continue......... Hang in there.

Dave

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Like Dave says, our prayers continue. Hang in there Toni. Your being there has likely helped her out a lot already thru this battle. Take care.

Deka
Petty Officer

Post by Deka » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Dear Lady,

I continue to send you and yours positive thoughts!

(((Hugs!!)))

Deka

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:09 pm

10-9-10 Alawna is off the ECMO as of Thursday. She did well that day but the next morning was put on a low dosage of blood pressure medicine. Yesterday she had a tracheotomy done and while they did that they put a scope into her lungs and looked at her lungs and took some biopsies’. She is on dialysis. They put a filter in her main vein in her groin to stop any blood clots from moving around. She is breathing on her own but they have her hooked up to a ventilator (at her throat via the trach) to help her lungs get back into shape. She has had blood work and an MRI done also. Please keep praying!

Deka
Petty Officer

Post by Deka » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Dear Lady,

You don't know me and I don't know you, but let me just say --- I'm a lady just like you and I respect you in many ways. (I am not a stalker! [biggrin] )

My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of need. Every night I send positive thoughts to you and yours. You are a strong person and your daughter is just as strong or she would not have made it this far. You are her rock and she is your's! Keep the positive and ditch the negative --- you and yours will be rewarded.

Keep the faith because; you, your daughter and family will be rewarded.:)

(((Hugs to you and yours!)))[-o<

When the time is right, I hope we can meet and I can give you the hug that you really deserve!

Deka

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:00 pm

The news tonight is grim. She has a fungus in her lungs.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm sorry Toni. We'll keep her in our prayers. God bless.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:13 am

10-12 am her husband says they say she is going in the right direction. They have used this term before when it is still bad but not looking as grim as it was. She is getting the drugs for the fungus both in the ventilator and IV.

Pradeep
Warrant Officer

Post by Pradeep » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Toni,
You, your daughter and rest of your family keep on fighting. As tough as it may be, stay positive. No more talk of "grim" or "turn for the worse". Keep on pushin those positive thoughts and prayers. We are all here doing the same for you guys.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Still praying. Stay strong Toni.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:42 pm

10-13 am Nurse said she was doing OK. They changed her trach because it was leaking air. They put in a longer one. They will change her center line (IV) today. I forgot to ask about the bp medicine. But he didn’t say she was on it again. She still isn’t making urine. She is on dialysis.
10-13 pm she is doing the same as this morning.

10-14 am report. Doing the same. Vitals are ok. Still on dialysis. Nurse said slow and steady is good. Infectious disease (lungs) doctors are watching over her.
10-14 pm Doing the same. Slow and steady.

10-15am Her vitals are little unstable today but that may be expected as they are changing her sheets more (bowel movement) because she is being tube fed nutrition, They have been drawing lots of fluid off through the dialysis which helps lower her blood pressure so they put her back on BP medicine and are going to take less fluid off today. But yesterday they looked in her lungs and they are looking better. 10-15pm Her vitals are stable again. She is off the BP medicine She is still relying on the support of the ventilator and dialysis. They did another bronc...camera to look at her lungs today. Her husband is with her now and she OPENED her eyes. He said her feet aren’t black anymore just the tips of her toes.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Toni I wanted to tell you I had my wife read this topic which I never do. She sat down and read it and started crying. She wanted me to tell you that we are praying for you, your daughter and the family We have have never met you but being a part of walakes your family. I know you are a very strong minded mother with a great heart. Keep your head up and hers to.:)