Snoho Coho!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Matt
Admiral

RE:Snoho Coho!

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Colin, I have seen prop boats up there but it could get hairy real quick. The only viable launch would be High Bridge, but coming down the Snoq there is 1 spot that gets really "woody" and could eat a lower unit quick. Once down into the confluence you can only run a little ways down before it gets too shallow for props. I have SEEN whalers and the like up in there, but personally I would never risk it.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

pilchuck
Petty Officer

Post by pilchuck » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:04 am

same fish in the original pic. MATT nice to fool people into thinkin u got another! You are not the only one fishing the Snoho! No you can't run a prop up the Snohomish. Even if u dump in at high bridge and motor down. Towed two boats of gravel bars this week already! And will not tow another! Done with people who don't say thank you and you know who u R!!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:17 am

same? they look different to me... or maybe "cookie cutter" applies. anyway, yes, that area has any number of hazards for the prop guys to deal with. you towed someone and they never even thanked you? that's lame. some parents kids. :-"

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:56 am

I feel so out of it. I was in New York for a week.The week I'm gone the silvers came in. Story of my life.The first blood on my boat was my own.Matt those are sweet looking fish.Your boat looks very nice. Great going.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Colin31778
Angler

Post by Colin31778 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:58 am

Thanks for the Info, I'll stick to the lower river below Thomas Eddy I know that area pretty well. Good luck all.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:16 am

pilchuck wrote:same fish in the original pic. MATT nice to fool people into thinkin u got another! You are not the only one fishing the Snoho! No you can't run a prop up the Snohomish. Even if u dump in at high bridge and motor down. Towed two boats of gravel bars this week already! And will not tow another! Done with people who don't say thank you and you know who u R!!
Pilchuck, thanx for helping people out! If nothing else, SOME people reading this thread have had a bad boat day and were lucky enough to have someone like you help out. Hopefully you helped educate them so they don't get stuck out there again...:cheers:
Fish does look real similar but hey I give people the benefit of doubt since it's just a message board and Matt has had a lot of good and constructive input, there's so few coho this year I'm just happy seeing something so dog-gone silver...

Now if I found out Matt had gone and bought up a store selling just orange Brads last week and opened shop on the banks of the Snoho selling them I would start wondering...#-o Definitely beautiful chrome either way.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:52 am

pilchuck wrote:same fish in the original pic. MATT nice to fool people into thinkin u got another! You are not the only one fishing the Snoho! No you can't run a prop up the Snohomish. Even if u dump in at high bridge and motor down. Towed two boats of gravel bars this week already! And will not tow another! Done with people who don't say thank you and you know who u R!!
Not the same, but thanks for hatin'.

First one hatchery hen, second wild buck, third hatchery buck... look again.
I never implied I was the "only person fishing it" and I would love for others to chime in on the fishery.

PS towing people sucks! #-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 am

Matt wrote:
Not the same, but thanks for hatin'.

First one hatchery hen, second wild buck, third hatchery buck... look again.
I never implied I was the "only person fishing it" and I wold love for others to chime in on the fishery.

PS towing people sucks! #-o
Thanx for settin' us straight Matt LOL. Figured it was easy to clear up. And a BIGGER thanx for not rubbing in how good they must have tasted...:chef: MMMmmmmmm....
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 am

Now that you mention it.... they were delicious!! :-$ LOL

pilchuck
Petty Officer

Post by pilchuck » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Matt, not hatin' was messin' around... Guess I shoulda added an lol after the pic. comment. Sorry for the misunderstanding... Yes orange plugs work well. My first coho 30 years ago was on an orange plug trolled under the hwy 9 bridge. Chrome/orange, chrome/chartruse are my go to plugs as well. Not much to "chime" in about, the fish are there or their not and their bittin' or there not.... Good luck out there!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Haha, no worries Pilchuck, the comment just came off kind of abrasive. Sometimes it is hard (or impossible) to detect sarcasm over the internet. Text messages leave no facial or auditory ques to go off of :albino:

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm

nice fish... again!
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:10 pm

use those *&%^%$$%^&*(@)#(&*@^*&#))!!))!_!!!!(&*^&**((*^ SMILEYS! OR LIVE LIFE ON THE INTERNET MISUNDERSTOOD.

JK... :clown:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Mike Carey wrote:use those *&%^%$$%^&*(@)#(&*@^*&#))!!))!_!!!!(&*^&**((*^ SMILEYS! OR LIVE LIFE ON THE INTERNET MISUNDERSTOOD.

Image SOMEBODY is getting a vacation! :-" Image
Tom.

Interests: living

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Amx wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:use those *&%^%$$%^&*(@)#(&*@^*&#))!!))!_!!!!(&*^&**((*^ SMILEYS! OR LIVE LIFE ON THE INTERNET MISUNDERSTOOD.

Image SOMEBODY is getting a vacation! :-" Image
Amx, nice use of smileys. I appreciate that.

LOL!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:39 am

Why is it that if someone is out fishing hard and catching, does most of the non catching crowd always critisize the catchers? Its like this on all sites.I think its hillarious how adults act .Matts out there kickin butt and y'all critisize him. GO MATT.JMO
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Jaksonbrown
Warrant Officer

Post by Jaksonbrown » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:48 am

Awww,... come on guys.... its just good old fashioned jealousy and good natured ribbing!

For example.....:)

I know im a little pissed off at Matts success. Big Jerk! Here I am fishing my ass off and not catchin squat,.. and matt has the balls to come on here and brag about his success!!!??? How dare he!!!! Bastige!.....

LMAO!!!![lol]

I for one.. love to hear others success.... as long as they are willing to share the secrets to that success... which Matt is a stud about doing just that!

Fish on!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 am

Don't worry guys, the good (BAD!) news is I just took my truck into the shop yesterday and they diagnosed a CRACKED HEAD that is going to need replacing. Luckily it's still under warranty. Gunna keep my boat out of the water until AT LEAST next weekend, gotta wait for the part to come in to the shop, etc.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Sorry to hear about your truck Matt but at least you aren't paying out of pocket for it.

Hope to see more of your "same" fish photos soon. What a bunch of crap that is.........maybe you will catch a hog and someone will say that is the same fish as well. Get life people and I am not even catching fish right now and still not going to tell someone they are posting the same fish up.

Some fing people these days.

Good luck to you Matt

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Good news! I got a rig to borrow off a buddy, we will be up at the confluence in the rain tomorrow! :cheers: