THE QUEETS

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fisherman31579
Petty Officer

THE QUEETS

Post by fisherman31579 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:02 pm

I'M GOING TO THE QUEETS NEXT TUES AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE. I HAVE DECIDED I PRETTY MUCH AM OVER FISHING THE CRAP THAT IS AROUND TOWN. I AM SUPER STOKED ON MY TRIP BUT NOT SURE WHAT GEAR WILL BE BEST TO USE (TYPE/COLORS) AND WHERE TO GO. I FIGURED I WOULD START AT THE QUEET CAMPGROUND, LOOKED PROMISING. ANYWAYS ANY ADVISE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:THE QUEETS

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 am

Go to the River Reports section and look up The Queets.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:06 am

1st i'd go to the tav <shrugs>

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:39 pm

well i have looked at reports on here many times,so got that covered. i am looking for someone who has been there and knows about it from experience.i have a few secret spots that i have covered for that area but no advice for that specific river.

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:22 am

OK YOU GUYS ARE TOTALY LETTING ME DOWN ON THE QUEETS INFO........OR MAYBE THE ONES WHO KNOW ARE JUST HOLDING OUT TO A KILLER SECRET KNOWN AS EL QUEETO. I BET IF I GO UP THERE IT WILL LOOK LIKE A WASHINGTONLAKES.COM LOCAL FEST........MAN I AM PARANOID I SO NEED TO GET OFF OF GRAVE YARD SHIFT.......HAHAHAHA BUT REALLY LETS GET THE HOOK UP ON SOME QUEETS INFO!

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:26 am

OH YA P.S. I NEED FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, OR ATLEAST WORD OF MOUTH. AS FAR AS READING THE REPORTS ON HERE.......I HAVE READ THEM AND TONS OF OTHER REPORTS ABOUT 100 TIMES AND LOOK AT THE MAPS OF THAT AREA OVER AND OVER AT WORK, ANY INFO WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED AND IF IT IS SECERET I PROMISE NOT TO TELL :-$

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 am

I wish I could help you, that is one river I am still wanting to check off my list that I have caught fish out of.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:01 am

fisherman31579 wrote:OH YA P.S. I NEED FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, OR ATLEAST WORD OF MOUTH. AS FAR AS READING THE REPORTS ON HERE.......I HAVE READ THEM AND TONS OF OTHER REPORTS ABOUT 100 TIMES AND LOOK AT THE MAPS OF THAT AREA OVER AND OVER AT WORK, ANY INFO WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED AND IF IT IS SECERET I PROMISE NOT TO TELL :-$
I've fished it quite a few times. It's a big river and access can be a problem, and I usually fish it at the mouth of the Salmon. The fish can be pretty spread out in that river, but a good number of them go into the salmon. I've caught nice winter run steelhead there and the silvers are pretty sweet too.

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:00 am

my 1st stop would be a tavern......you could try a local bait/tackle store buttt...
they probably wont tell ya nuthin.....hit a tav...bs with the locals....
try 'n be "nice" if ya arnt...maybe buy a few beers....
over the years i've been amazed the access you can get if ya "know" some 1....DOG

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:42 am

THANKS NATETREAT, THAT IS DEFINITELY HELPFUL AND WILL HELP ME OUT. I HAVE BEEN CHECKING OUT MAPS OF THAT RIVER A LOT AND I THINK I HAVE FOUND SOME PRETTY GOOD ACCESS POINTS. BUT AT LEAST NOW I AM NOT GOING BLIND. DOES THAT RIVER GET CROWDED AT ALL? DO YOU SEE MANY PEOPLE THERE WHEN YOU GO?

THANKS DOG. I THINK THE TAVERN IDEA IS GREAT BUT IM NOT SURE WHAT MY TIME FRAMES FOR DOWN THERE ARE GOING TO BE YET. I ACTUALLY JUST WANT TO START A RALLY TRIP AND HIT AND EXPLORE AS MANY RIVERS AS I CAN STARTING WITH THE QUEETS AND WORKING MY WAY UP TO THE STRAIGHTS. AND THEN WORK MY WAY BACK DOWN THROUGH THEM AND FINISH WORKING THROUGH THE GRAYS HARBOR RIVERS.

ANY WAYS I HEARD THE TOUTLE IS F***ING FIRING RIGHT NOW SO I HAVE DELAYED THIS TRIP BACK TO NEXT WEEK AND AM HEADING SOUTH INSTEAD THIS TUES. WISH ME LUCK! AND IF YOU GOT TIME TRY THE TOUTLE.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Not in the sense that I mean when I say crowded. It'll have folks up and down it, but there is a LOT of water on that river, and the fish can be pretty spread out. It's really good for bankies like me, because there is about four miles of prime river that is extremely wadable. I've been when steelhead are in nice and there were about two hundred guys on the river, but you wouldn't have known it for the room. I have my secret spot away from everyone that's a ***** to get to, but a man's gotta have secrets.

dogfish7
Petty Officer

Post by dogfish7 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:50 pm

'OL GREY DOG wrote:1st i'd go to the tav <shrugs>
Not a drinker, but if that Tavern is anywhere near you slayed those Coho I looked at the other day I'll be there on Wednesday or Thursday this week. Keep up the good work, Sir! 425 330 1372

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:10 am

natetreat wrote:Not in the sense that I mean when I say crowded. It'll have folks up and down it, but there is a LOT of water on that river, and the fish can be pretty spread out. It's really good for bankies like me, because there is about four miles of prime river that is extremely wadable. I've been when steelhead are in nice and there were about two hundred guys on the river, but you wouldn't have known it for the room. I have my secret spot away from everyone that's a ***** to get to, but a man's gotta have secrets.

COOL, THAT SOUNDS PROMISING. I AM SUPER STOKED TO HIT THE PENINSULA, I WANT TO HIT EVERY RIVER ON THE COAST. I AM SUPER SICK OF THE SUPER CROWDED NISQUALLY AND MOST OF THE OTHER RIVERS AROUND HERE THAT ARE TOTALLY PACKED WITH PEOPLE TO CATCH FISH. I WOULD RATHER FISH ALL DAY AND CATCH NO FISH AND NOT SEE ANOTHER PERSON RATHER THAN CATCH FISH ALL DAY AND BE COMBAT FISHING. I AM HOPING THAT THIS TRIP WILL HELP ME ACHIEVE THAT. WELL SINCE I GOT THE MOST, AND ONLY FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE INFO FROM YA IF I FIND ANYTHING GOOD THAT I LEAVE OUT OF MY GENERAL REPORT WHEN I GET BACK MAYBE I WILL P.M. YOU SOME SECRET MORE DETAILED REPORTS IF YA WANT THEM.

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:32 am

THAT'S THE SPIRIT.....PFFFTTTT