NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Big Smooth
Petty Officer

RE:NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

Post by Big Smooth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 am

Not 116th, but the fish are up in the carbon... This might be fish Tuesday :)
I like it when I can call it Catching!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:11 pm

I talked with some tribal friends. They have been catching but not a whole lot. The nets nearer the Bay are doing better then the upstream nets. I asked them to hold me some eggs.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 pm

My friends and I put in over 25 fishing hours between the Puyallup and Nisqually. All of the poor Puyallup reports seem to corroborate with what I saw today. Nisqually seem to be ok. Still no punches on my punchcard.
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 pm

kinghunter wrote:
returnofthefish wrote:Is the Mounts Road bridge the same as the Nisqually Road bridge? I was found Mounts Road SW on google maps, but it didnt go across the river.
I'm not sure if it is the same bridge, but if you take exit 116 and make a left at the stop sign you will cross over the bridge. You will see cars park on the both sides before the bridge. Also the handicap area is just past the bridge and you make a left on 6th Street. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. i went to there today
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:09 am

No problem Returntofish. Too bad you couldn't hook into any of them old boots, they are fun to reel in. Lets hope silvers will be better.

I have fished the 116th for 5hrs with NADA, seen probably about 20 others fishing with the same thing. Late evening around 7pm did see one guy finally hook up but lost it 5 secs later. And I did see 2 splash in the water, could those of been fish? Nah, wait it could of been a rockfish. Sounds like Carbon is the river now, but once again I'm probably a week late as usual.

Anyone fished the mouth of Toutle? I've heard that is the place for silvers.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 am

kinghunter wrote:No problem Returntofish. Too bad you couldn't hook into any of them old boots, they are fun to reel in. Lets hope silvers will be better.

I have fished the 116th for 5hrs with NADA, seen probably about 20 others fishing with the same thing. Late evening around 7pm did see one guy finally hook up but lost it 5 secs later. And I did see 2 splash in the water, could those of been fish? Nah, wait it could of been a rockfish. Sounds like Carbon is the river now, but once again I'm probably a week late as usual.

Anyone fished the mouth of Toutle? I've heard that is the place for silvers.
Check your inbox KH. I sent you info on the Toutle. Reminds me of a frightened Turtle. :-" :salut:
"One more......."

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Let's hope this week of rain will finally bring in those holding fish. I'm thinking this weekend will be good either at the PUKE or NASTY. So where are you guys going?

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:10 pm

kinghunter wrote:Let's hope this week of rain will finally bring in those holding fish. I'm thinking this weekend will be good either at the PUKE or NASTY. So where are you guys going?
Its been rainin here in Puyallup since about 1 o' clock this evening. Hope your right, I wanna catch my first silver this year.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:42 pm

kinghunter wrote:Let's hope this week of rain will finally bring in those holding fish. I'm thinking this weekend will be good either at the PUKE or NASTY. So where are you guys going?
I might try to stop by the lower Green Saturday afternoon.
Otherwise I'll be eating a little smoked salmon, maybe watch the Vuelta a Espana finish:) Don't have a lot of smoked salmon but may try and do up the 'Boot' recipe this weekend if I get bored :-& .
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

DoubleR
Petty Officer

Post by DoubleR » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:01 pm

re: Nisqually
There are plenty of kings coming up the Nisqually, and maybe even more snaggers on the banks. All the fish I saw were dark or semi-dark. I caught one floating eggs- thought it looked fairly bright and gave a great fight. Guys there told me the meat would still be red. They were wrong - it was very light pink. Dont think I'll go back.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:58 am

Check your inbox- you need to go there..I fished below that area yesterday. I took home a 26.5 Chrome King, a Chrome 14lb Silver and a Chrome 12lb Silver. Bobber/eggs bud.
"One more......."

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:11 am

DoubleR wrote:re: Nisqually
There are plenty of kings coming up the Nisqually, and maybe even more snaggers on the banks. All the fish I saw were dark or semi-dark. I caught one floating eggs- thought it looked fairly bright and gave a great fight. Guys there told me the meat would still be red. They were wrong - it was very light pink. Dont think I'll go back.
LOL- Did you take a pic of your fish?
"One more......."

DoubleR
Petty Officer

Post by DoubleR » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 am

Jens - no picture because I dont have a flash on my phone to try and make it look brighter. those fish have must all have been hanging out in the lower river for a month or so, waiting for some rain.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:33 am

DoubleR wrote:Jens - no picture because I dont have a flash on my phone to try and make it look brighter. those fish have must all have been hanging out in the lower river for a month or so, waiting for some rain.
That's sweet you are getting your fish on eggs, nothing like a bobber down. What cure have you been using? :bounce: :bounce:
"One more......."

DoubleR
Petty Officer

Post by DoubleR » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:53 am

I seem to get the most takedowns with a bright red cure - like Pautzke Red

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Thinking about heading out to the Cow tomorrow, what's the report there? I will let you know how I do tomorrow, hopefully will be home with my limit of 6 fish.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:37 pm

kinghunter wrote:Thinking about heading out to the Cow tomorrow, what's the report there? I will let you know how I do tomorrow, hopefully will be home with my limit of 6 fish.
Early for coho, especially at Barrier. Chinook have been in though up there, starting to turn darker. So hopefully them coho are right behind:cheers: Good luck. At least the Cow flows shouldn't be an issue with the rain.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Got to the Cow around 6:15am. 20 others already there. Saw 1 chrome silver caught probably around 5#, 1 bright steelhead also around 5#, and 1 semi dark king around 15#. Later around 10am it really started pouring rain, forgot to bring my rain coat, drenched soaking wet. Around 11am my last snag breaks my line and I was done for. Empty handed today.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bassin253
Petty Officer

Post by Bassin253 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Fished the green in allentown today first light to about 10. Not a single thing same for the about 15 people around me not even any jumpers so dead

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 am

Kinghunter and I fished the Squal last night. Not much to report except the 3 Chromers that came unbuttoned by KH :cheers: :cheers: . 1 due to the idiot across the river and 2 because of his leader somehow breaking? I spent most my time trying to untangle 4 nests in my Curado #-o ](*,) ](*,) . Pretty slow for bobber/eggs :-$ :-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."