Puget Sound Silver run

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BARCHASER10
Captain

RE:Puget Sound Silver run

Post by BARCHASER10 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 pm

They just posted the fischecker reports for the last week. What is notable is Sekiu. Yesterday at Olsons at Sekiu only 4 fish for 85 anglers. If it is that lousy at Sekiu this late...hmmmm...there may not be much out there.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/creel/puget/ ... insula.htm

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Puget Sound Silver run

Post by Toni » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:20 pm

BARCHASER wrote:They just posted the fischecker reports for the last week. What is notable is Sekiu. Yesterday at Olsons at Sekiu only 4 fish for 85 anglers. If it is that lousy at Sekiu this late...hmmmm...there may not be much out there.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/creel/puget/ ... insula.htm
I was at Sekiu yesterday and today. I caught 1 wild coho and several shakers yesterday.The fishing was great, catching was great, but the keeping sucked. I caught at least 6 kings and lots of shakers. The kings were a mix of wild and hatchery but not legal to keep.
The coho were all caught about the same time and area yesterday.
At Olson's the word is this is the worst time in 40+ years. I did see a few guys cleaning 3 coho last night and there weren't any fish checkers there at 8pm.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.