Tapp tournament 9/11

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rosann G
Commander

Tapp tournament 9/11

Post by Rosann G » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:26 pm

:salut: Wow you guys, have a great "Never Forget" tournament on Lake Tapps this weekend. It is a members only tourney but you can join Muskies Inc this week and get to participate. I know of at least 2 people that have caught over 30 tiger muskies in Tapps this summer so hopefully there will be a bunch caught this weekend, maybe even that elusive 50 incher. Wouldn't that be something!:compress:
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Tapp tournament 9/11

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:11 am

Good Luck you guys. It looks like the weather is trying to shape up from earlier forcasts. I'll be at Lake Wa myself working with Cast for Kids.

Have a good time.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:37 am

I guess that is one way to have a membership drive.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 pm

No membership drive, just an opportunity to participate.
Have a good time at C.A.S.T. for Kids Rich and family. We helped one year too and had a good time. There are alot of opportunities to help with kids and fishing activities (which is good) and not enough time to do them all, (which is too bad). Hopefully you will all have good weather for all the activities.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:49 am

Oh I must have misunderstood as can only participate if being a member. Would be a thought if a percentage of membership dues gained during the event were donated to victims of 9/11. Now that would be a great way to go and make a statement.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 am

Good thought, Bisk1tSnGraV. Our hearts still go out to all the victims and their families. But at $35 per membership and all the 3,000 senseless deaths and all their affected families, I don't know how big of a dent a % would make.
We are governed, too, by non-profit statues as to where we can spend our members monies.

The good news is, we are unanimous in agreeing that this day, Sept. 11, will NOT be forgotten; will be held as a
deep and solemn day for remembering. Spending it on the water in the midst of God's Country; the PNW, is the best way we can think of to keep the patriotic spirit alive. There will be a moment of silence before they start and they have encouraged all anglers to fly old glory from their boats.

nunquam alieno

(Never Forget)

(Below is a decal 1st Sargent Norm Dillon is working on)
Attachments
Flag-logo2.jpg
Flag-logo2.jpg (70.88 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Bill G
Petty Officer

Post by Bill G » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Jani, put me down for one of those red, white and blue decals. Let me know how much.
I'm not in the toilet yet, but I'm definitely standing on the rim.

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:52 am

well first off let,s remember the lives of the victims and the heroes of 9 11 .We shall remember the tragedy and how it brought everybody together to help and to rebuild .Our tournament was great i think everyone had a flag flying on there boat .muskies were caught and it turned into a beautiflul day. Makes you thankful for everyday especially a day fishin .Congats to Miles for cachin the biggest muskie . thanks to all its days like this that i joined CH57
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Great to hear you guys had a good remembrance tournament. How big was the largest fish?
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Bill: The decals are still a work in progress, I will let you know when they have a chance to finish them and put them into development - I am sure they will want to make that part of the annual Tournament on or near the day. So stay tuned.

The biggest muskie was a 34 incher caught and released by Miles M. See picture below. Bad Esox still has some of those great t-shirts left over and will be taking them to Curlew for those who have not had a chance to buy them... $5.00 bucks is a great price.

And it was a fun day on the water - I had forgotten how beautiful Tapps can be ...and what a great place it is... it is a fantastic lake to fish and it fishes really big. We had the lake to ourselves and the weather turned warm with a slight breeze. yup - no chop and no traffic, its true!

Water temp 64-65 and lots of fish were seen - I had 2 strong follows which is always heart-stopping.
Congrats to Miles who took the Tourney win and the Calcutta Big Fish pot, too. Ni$e day, eh?
Attachments
SAM_0370.JPG
SAM_0370.JPG (72.24 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
SAM_0360.JPG
SAM_0360.JPG (57.3 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
SAM_0356A.JPG
SAM_0356A.JPG (70.75 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
SAM_0383.JPG
SAM_0383.JPG (81.17 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG (50.82 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:54 am

Great job Chapter 57. Nice to see you all had a great time. Nice shirt perry keep a couple of those for me and mel please...Congrats to the winner also, fish looks great....
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass