NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
salmonslayer117
Commander

RE:NASTY GREEN COW PUKE Update?

Post by salmonslayer117 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:47 pm

jens wrote:
kinghunter wrote:Wow,

Can't believe how slow the NASTY is. We had egg floater and bunch of drifters and only 1 fish caught and landed. It looked like a boot king. You can see fish flopping and jumping and having a good old time. What gives. I've heard the PUKE isn't much better. I remember last year around this time when we were slaying those Kings, must not be thick this year.

Anyway another note - I was fishing near someone's private property area and this girl comes and ask me politely to move, so I did. Next visit I had my waders on and waded in their property line, that is legal right? I remember reading about the handicap area where you can wade in and go past the private property to fish as long as you are in the river? Am I correct on this?

It looks like I'm going to have to wait for the Cow coho and kings. Unless anyone has heard something new.
Which property where you fishing at? You should have flossed that girl in her eye sack. :salut: I got some good intel on some good spots on that river now, you should pick up your phone and call a buddy. I miss you. [love] [flapper] [love] [drool]
Awww... Isn't that cute... lol
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Went down to the Green tonight. Saw fish activity but not a single one caught. Even saw a boat with two guys trolling real slow on the Green.
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Fished under the 5th street bridge for 3 hrs, there were probably about 20+ anglers fishing. Not one bite. Didn't see any fish roll by either. Although I was talking with another angler and he mentioned he did catch 2 Kings and 1 silver last week at that same spot. Just my luck maybe missed the big run. Anyway might have to try the Nasty again later. What's the word at NASTY anyone?

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Fished upper area from the 5th street bridge early morning, nothing going on. So went lower from the bridge and I had a huge king on but came off due to trying to horse it in. One fellow had a nice chrome silver on and came off at the bank. Another had fish on but came off quickly. Move to the Skate Rink area and saw one fellow land a small silver approx. 5# maybe less. But not much happening really. I been talking to alot of people and they all mention around the time of the fair is when it should pick up. Anyone else has any news from any rivers, lets hear it

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Three rivers in three mornings -

Saturday - Puyallup @ 5th st - Nothing for me saw one caught and a couple roll. Oh yeah, the guy next to me caught a 2# rock.
Sunday - Sky @ Reiter - Nothing for me or anybody else that I saw, saw a couple (steelhead) roll.
Monday - Duwamish - Nothing for me, saw one Jack caught and a few lost. Lots jumping and rolling.

See a trend here?:-({|=
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:44 pm

My buddy got a big king and a silver at the fireman hole on lower duwmish today. Said he saw a few more silvers caught as well.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:56 am

kinghunter wrote:Fished under the 5th street bridge for 3 hrs, there were probably about 20+ anglers fishing. Not one bite. Didn't see any fish roll by either. Although I was talking with another angler and he mentioned he did catch 2 Kings and 1 silver last week at that same spot. Just my luck maybe missed the big run. Anyway might have to try the Nasty again later. What's the word at NASTY anyone?
Not sure where you have been parking, but that spot along Hoyko Lane apparently is off limits? Anyways when I walking to my rig carrying my 2 Kings, I noticed a Tow Notice on my windshield. I am doing some research on how far back people are supposed to park, but be careful buddy. I guess Todd was slaying some Cuckoo cuckoo fish Sunday night :-$ :-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

pumpkin
Petty Officer

Post by pumpkin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:33 am

i fished the lower puke three times this last week and was totally skunked. Over those three days I only saw 2 fish caught, hopefully with all this rain they will start to come up the river in bigger numbers.

I have been hearing about the salmon run in the green river. I have never fished there before and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on where are some spots i could park and fish there. i have heard about the corner hole right by some park? Can anyone tell me what park that is.
thanks and good luck out there.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Anyone else get one of those super bright parking violation cards on your vehicle? The guy I talked to at the Thurston County Sheriffs office didn't know anything.
"One more......."

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:34 pm

pumpkin wrote:i fished the lower puke three times this last week and was totally skunked. Over those three days I only saw 2 fish caught, hopefully with all this rain they will start to come up the river in bigger numbers.

I have been hearing about the salmon run in the green river. I have never fished there before and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on where are some spots i could park and fish there. i have heard about the corner hole right by some park? Can anyone tell me what park that is.
thanks and good luck out there.
Google the duwamish park in Allen town. Fish that hole rd. There's a big hole by the fire station. Probably the one you are talking about.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

pumpkin
Petty Officer

Post by pumpkin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Alright thanks a ton.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Is the Mounts Road bridge the same as the Nisqually Road bridge? I was found Mounts Road SW on google maps, but it didnt go across the river.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:10 pm

returnofthefish wrote:Is the Mounts Road bridge the same as the Nisqually Road bridge? I was found Mounts Road SW on google maps, but it didnt go across the river.
I'm not sure if it is the same bridge, but if you take exit 116 and make a left at the stop sign you will cross over the bridge. You will see cars park on the both sides before the bridge. Also the handicap area is just past the bridge and you make a left on 6th Street. Hope that helps.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:53 pm

jens wrote:Anyone else get one of those super bright parking violation cards on your vehicle? The guy I talked to at the Thurston County Sheriffs office didn't know anything.

jens, I didnt get a super bright parking violation,but a super bright fish!
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Went 6/10 and boy does my harm hurt. Most were old boots but they were still fun to play with. The biggest was a female weighing about 15#s and man was she a figher, took me about 15 minutes to bring her in. I already had another big fish snap my 12# line. Can't wait for the silvers to start running.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:17 am

kinghunter wrote:Went 6/10 and boy does my harm hurt. Most were old boots but they were still fun to play with. The biggest was a female weighing about 15#s and man was she a figher, took me about 15 minutes to bring her in. I already had another big fish snap my 12# line. Can't wait for the silvers to start running.
Way to go!! :cheers: :cheers: Are you done whining about no fish in the rivers?? :-({|= :-({|= lol way to go buddy!!
I am glad you took my advice where to fish, I knew you were going to catch fish in that hole, told you. :-$ :-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Tribal nets went into the Duwie last night. Also the Sea lions were feasting away. The Coho seem to be here. Just have to wait for a break in the netting schedule. Im going down to the tribal office tomorrow and get the new Duwie schedule.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 pm

I went down to the Green/Duwi around 330 today. I should have checked to see if the nets were in. Saw less than 10 fish roll the whole time I was there, Not a lot of fisherman down at 112 today.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Anyone have a report from 116th? Just curious if the silvers are running up there yet? Or anyone catching anything from there?

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 am

kinghunter wrote:Anyone have a report from 116th? Just curious if the silvers are running up there yet? Or anyone catching anything from there?
It's been slow bud, but you have skills. You will catch if you go fish. :cheers:
"One more......."