Anyone looking to get on a tuna charter?

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

Anyone looking to get on a tuna charter?

Post by Bro-Rando » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Howdy,

Just looking to see if anyone might be interested in helping me out. I reserved a tuna/ salmon trip with All Rivers Guides for next saturday (september 18th) and my fishing buddy wussed out on me.

I'm trying to avoid losing the deposit for his spot on the boat, so if anyone is interested in trying some tuna fishing with the bonus of grabbing some big ocean coho on the way home send me a PM. It's a 12 hour trip that leaves out of Westport at 6am. The boat has twin 250s, so we won't spend much time getting to the fishing grounds and much more time fishing.

The price is 425$ for the spot on the boat. For doing me a favor I'll pay to have your fish filleted (3$ per fish) and bring the beer (pick your brand. I'll be drinking bud).

PM with any interest. Fishing reports have been excellent with over 10 tuna per rod.

Best,

Mike
Certainty is for those who have learned and believed only one truth...

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

RE:Anyone looking to get on a tuna charter?

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:14 pm

hmmmm the 18th ya say...
that'd be my 30th aniversary....
let me think about that 1..
..DOG

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:42 pm

naaaa...better not...i would have cost you a fortune in beer 'n fish clean'n anyways...
good luck out there....DOG

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 am

Someone better pull the trigger on this. We've been out twice this year on my boat, with 37 albacore to show for it. You've never had a fish fight you in our waters until you've laced into an albie on a mission. Imagine a 50lb Chinook with an attitude, and you get close to a 15lb albacore's fight.

Most are grading out right now around 25+lbs and cark out to around 15 lbs of loin meat per fish for the freezer. A single back loin will feed a family of 4 average eaters, so you get the point.

E

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:51 am

SOmeone seriously need to to jump on this. If I had the cash I would be all over it.

Giseppo speaks the truth........(spookaloo)

jtrapier
Petty Officer

Post by jtrapier » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm obviously a little late on this one, but I'm thinking about booking a trip for myself and wondered who you went through and how you did

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:37 pm

All rivers guide is great....he just pick up a super nice 29' definace and puts you on the fish. his charter is cheaper than most you are going ot find in westport. Plus it is same day not day and a half.