BOOT OF THE YEAR

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
flinginpooh
Captain

RE:BOOT OF THE YEAR

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Thats the green belt behind me.
More fish please!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:47 pm

Dude that fish is nasty crankbait! LOL
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:46 am

OK here's a ripe boot to throw on, got it this week... See if I get this right putting pic on forum#-o

Hmm, pic didn't show on screen... Must be doin' something wrong. :-k And I even let the thing sit on the concrete for awhile so it would color up ugly! Turned it over and it was all sorts of yuk. Hopefully I can get the pic up and not an attach when you knowledgeable guys chime in :)
Attachments
Salmon!_077.JPG
Salmon!_077.JPG (315.26 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 am

knotabassturd wrote:OK here's a ripe boot to throw on, got it this week... See if I get this right putting pic on forum#-o

Hmm, pic didn't show on screen... Must be doin' something wrong. And I even let the thing sit on the concrete for ahwile so it would color up ugly! Turned it over and it was all sorts of yuk. But it looked good in brine!
Now that is GROSS! :pale: Did you really hook it? :flower: Did you touch it?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 am

Ok, Knot, that right there is nasty.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

donman
Warrant Officer

Post by donman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:19 am

Knot you should send it to this site . . .

http://fishwithjd.com/category/photos-v ... r-contest/

They have a smoker of the year contest.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 am

LOL yep nasty. I will smoke that one and report back on the smoking boots thread this weekend:-&

This one wasn't nearly as bad:

PS- how do I just put the pic instead of as an attach? Is the file size too big? TIA...
Attachments
Salmon!_053.JPG
Salmon!_053.JPG (323.89 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:23 pm

knotabassturd wrote:PS- how do I just put the pic instead of as an attach? Is the file size too big? TIA...
Yeah I think your file size is too big. Somebody will tell you what the max is (I don't remember), but I try to compress mine down to about 100kb before posting.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:25 pm

knotabassturd wrote:OK here's a ripe boot to throw on, got it this week... See if I get this right putting pic on forum#-o

Hmm, pic didn't show on screen... Must be doin' something wrong. :-k And I even let the thing sit on the concrete for awhile so it would color up ugly! Turned it over and it was all sorts of yuk. Hopefully I can get the pic up and not an attach when you knowledgeable guys chime in :)
WINNER!!!~ Dude, that's just foul! Looks like somethin' I saw float by on the cow last year... Second one's nice though!
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:30 pm

You are not going to smoke that! Did you catch it or find it on shore?

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:04 pm

That fish looks chrome knot, I dunno what they are talking about... almost WHITE chrome.... LOL #-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:04 pm

that fish aint that dark. and ????? where did the fins and tail go lol
Attachments
skagit_king.jpg
skagit_king.jpg (51.03 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:22 am

That's a nice ripe fish curado! Too clean though:cyclopsan Where's the mold and funny blotches on the body?

The fins were removed by my wife. She fillets the fish after gutting and 'finning' the fish. I guess it is a method to avoid stabbing fingers on spines when filleting. Although salmon have softer spines so probably wouldn't be an issue. Must be habit for her. I aint complaining since I didn't have to clean my catch:)

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:24 am

Matt wrote:That fish looks chrome knot, I dunno what they are talking about... almost WHITE chrome.... LOL #-o
LOL almost got it to white chrome.
Shoulda thrown some bleach on it to see what that did but I am smoking it (yep, you heard right! Heh heh). Think I'd rather have mold flavor than bleach. Just a little extra salt in the recipe oughtta help:-&

Maybe I can pawn some off on Toni if i see her down at Dash Point pier:colors:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:01 am

my biggest boot this year 27lb at barrier dam. Took this pic cause i gave it to some older fella that really wanted it, lol
Attachments
Photo00021.JPG
Photo00021.JPG (110.76 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:57 am

Couple more from the other day.

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:31 pm

another

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Spokeys Boot was totally a wipe out. That fish looks horrific. Spokey should get the boot prize for that fish. Wait till the chums rum. Those will be some scarey pics.Shes even spewing eggs.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:06 pm

spokey9 wrote:my biggest boot this year 27lb at barrier dam. Took this pic cause i gave it to some older fella that really wanted it, lol
Dang spokey NICE WORK! That there is fresh and ugly. Mine I used a few tricks to ugly it up. Yours is a natural. Love the action with the eggs!:thumleft: It is early still but think you are out front in the contest...:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:07 pm

thanks guys, i actually went to barrier just to play with the boots (still got a grudge against the psyco springers lol). when the older fella that took it home gutted it, buddy that meat was so white it looked ivory. he told me that it was a borderline fish for smokin (yuck!)
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.