Want to sell salmon rod and reel

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Want to sell salmon rod and reel

Post by Ocktane » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Hey all. I bought a 10' Medium power, slow action Shimano Convergence rod and a Shimano Stradic 5000 spinning reel back in the spring for steelheading. Now that I've grown accustomed to baitcasters while bass fishing I really want to buy a baitcasting rod and reel for salmon/steelheading. If I do though, I know the shimano rod/reel will sit and gather dust so I figure I'll see if anyone out there would like to buy it. Good rod, landed me three nice Cowlitz steelies this year. Rod and reel are in great shape, only been used a handful of times this year. If anyone is interested PM me and we will discuss a price, and I can send pics. I'll be very reasonable being that it's used and all.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Matt
Admiral

RE:Want to sell salmon rod and reel

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Just hang onto it for a bobber rod! Spinning reels are my personal fav for bobber fishing.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:26 am

Matt wrote:Just hang onto it for a bobber rod! Spinning reels are my personal fav for bobber fishing.
Agreed! You will appreciate the spin rod for being able to toss light presentation, say for example if you are invited on a boat and do side-drifting. You would have a hard time doing that with a bait-caster.

Besides, a properly stocked garage SHOULD have 20-30 rod/reels of various types and purposes. Unless you really need the money I think you may regret selling the shimano later on.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Didn't do a whole lot of bobber fishin' this year, so maybe I'll take your advice fellas! I agree with the well stocked garage comment btw!
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:14 am

Ocktane wrote:Didn't do a whole lot of bobber fishin' this year, so maybe I'll take your advice fellas! I agree with the well stocked garage comment btw!
Another successful intervention. Just doing our job with fellow WL.com anglers. :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 am

I've been carrying two rods for steelheading. One baitcaster and one spincaster, I started the same first the spincast than the baitcaster. It's nice to have two rigs just to throw a different biscuit at them at the snap of your fingers.

Bob R
Petty Officer

Post by Bob R » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:56 am

Good advice from all, the amount of rods should at least exceed the amount of golf clubs one may or ma not own!

leif-liden
Petty Officer

Post by leif-liden » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Ocktane wrote:Didn't do a whole lot of bobber fishin' this year, so maybe I'll take your advice fellas! I agree with the well stocked garage comment btw!
Another successful intervention. Just doing our job with fellow WL.com anglers. :cheers:
LOL! Well said Mike.
"A fishing pole is a stick with a hook at one end and a fool on the other."

Big Smooth
Petty Officer

Post by Big Smooth » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:22 am

Yes, the spinning combo works well bobber fishing. BOBBER DOWN!!
I like it when I can call it Catching!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:27 am

I'm with Kzoo. I carry two rods and reels when going out on the road away from home fishing. You just never know what kind of disaster can happen to one set-up alone.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah I'm gonna keep it for bobber fishin. Bought a baitcaster combo last night for drifting. Funny how I always feel giddy like a kid at Christmas when I buy a new rod and reel!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:04 am

Haha, you were trying to sell a rod and instead you added a new one to the quiver? Now you're thinkin' like a fisherman! Rock on. :cheers:
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:44 am

Ocktane wrote:Yeah I'm gonna keep it for bobber fishin. Bought a baitcaster combo last night for drifting. Funny how I always feel giddy like a kid at Christmas when I buy a new rod and reel!
I'd use it for the opposite, bait caster for bobber fishing and spin cast for drifting. You can control floats easier with baitcasters.

Eoso
Warrant Officer

Post by Eoso » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:50 am

That is true. Free spooling with a float is nice.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

zhen1827
Angler

Post by zhen1827 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:08 am

Chicago classifieds, merchandise and services from the Chicago Sun-Times, including pets, Chicago-area jobs, cars, homes and rentals.Free Advertising online with Friday-Ad in All Areasugg. Place a free ad now or find a bargain item. We also have jobs, property and cars for sale.ClassifiedsGiant provides local free classifieds for pets, cars, jobs, real estateugg boots, for sale, services, resume posting and everything else.