Curlew Lake Challenge put out to CH 57 MI from CH 60 MI

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
KUP
Commander

RE:Curlew Lake Challenge put out to CH 57 MI from CH 60 MI

Post by KUP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:29 pm

OMG, MoMo, if that skirt has any pink feathers, you'd better keep it away from cudaman - he'll make lures out of every ounce, [lol] [woot]
That is SOME avatar, [wink]

Maybe you could light it up and take it out onto the lake during the 24 hour lemans of muskie fishing.
That would keep the fish awake,
....if not us....[rolleyes]
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 am

Easy there ladies this forum is not about pink,skirts, or frilly stuff. No one said the trophy was going to be pink. I think MO MO has lost it she hasnt been fishing in a few days maybe thats why LOL. I think MO MO needs to make a pink pie for chapter 57 to drown their sorrows in.......The golden bucket award is in the makings, hopefully it will meet everyones approval. I know it'll look good sitting at our meetings reminding everyone of the victory over chapter 57.
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 am

swing batter-batter, swing batter-batter, swing batter-batter..... SWING. :-"
You're gonna have to talk that smack to the fish, too, to get them into the net.
You sure you're a "fish whisperer", too? [razz]

Just be ready to sweeten the pot (trophy) too, with some of those pies. Winner take all. [thumbup]

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:12 pm

ok now i just heard that curlew is on fire .And i mean really on fire, i hope your not trying to throw the off the tourney. Nah just kiddin i really hope everyone up there is OK lol
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:53 pm

See:
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Fish-Ha ... 50343.html

Yikes, cudaman, you are right. 650 acres burning this morning and 0% contained. That is not good. Lets hope the winds don't flare up, anymore, too.

Our prayers are with everyone. [sad]

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:45 pm

cudaman wrote:ok now i just heard that curlew is on fire .And i mean really on fire, i hope your not trying to throw the off the tourney. Nah just kiddin i really hope everyone up there is OK lol
Second time this summer to have a fire over a Musky lake... Not good.

Ya'all be safe on your tourney up there.

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Craig,

If that fire keeps burning you better bring a bunch more of those buckets! We can help those people put out that fire up there before we take the "Winners" trophy back to the West-Side with us!...LOL...

I'm sure all will be under control before we even arrive at Curlew. I'm personally looking forward to this fun filled event and of course MOMO's pie(s):cheers: ! It is going to be a great one! See you soon.
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:48 pm

They said fishing was hot at Curlew, wow, thats really hot!
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Curlew Fire Update:

http://inciweb.org/incident/article/2104/10673/

August 30 Morning Update
Incident: Fish Hatchery Wildfire
Released: 4 hrs. ago (10am)

The Fish Hatchery is now 100% contained. This is the final update from the Incident Management Team. The fire personnel are grateful for the support of the community while working on the fire the past four days.

Planned Actions Today:

Fire line personnel continue to focus on the fire break and mop-up the fire area. Crews and engines will continue work toward the interior of the fire to locate and extinguish any hot spots. Infrared cameras will be used to assist that effort. Rehabilitation on the impacts of the suppression activities will continue. Crews are working toward a goal of ensuring the fire is cold within 500 feet of all structures in the area, and within 200 feet of the fire edge on the rest of the fire.

What to expect next: For this fire, a Type 3 fire organization consisting of 5 crews (60 personnel), 11 engines, 3 tenders, 2 dozers, supervisors and support individuals will remain assigned on behalf of the local agencies.

Sunday's Accomplishments:

The fire did not grow at all, and crews continued to strengthen and secure the fire break around the perimeter. Infrared cameras detected hot spots for crews to extinguish. The change in acreage reflects completion of GPS of the perimeter.

Outlook:

Today will continue to be cool with a chance of showers. A high pressure will build with temperatures returning to near normal later in the week.

Closures:

Fish Hatchery Road and Herron Creek road are closed to public traffic. Only local residents are allowed into those road systems, including the private Springridge Road.

Firewise projects make a difference! A $200,000 National Fire Plan grant from the Bureau of Land Management was awarded to Washington DNR in 2008. The project focused on hazardous fuel reductions in Ferry County. Many landowners benefited from the work completed by the crews to remove dead vegetation, break up continuous fuels, and remove lower limbs of trees to keep fire from spreading to the canopy. Landowners donated time and labor to match the grant funds on their property. The Fish Hatchery Fire burned into some of the treated areas, and a significant decrease in fire activity was noticed by initial attack resources. This was the first fire in the area since the project was completed. For more information on this project and others like it, visit http://www.dnr.wa.gov/ or contact DNR's Northeast Region Fire Prevention program. http://www.firewise.org/ has information for what you can do around your home.

After today, please call DNR Northeast Region Dispatch at (509) 685-6900 for information.

FIRE STATUS

Acres Burned: 667 acres (final GPS acreage)

Cause: Under Investigation

Structures Destroyed: 1 outbuilding

Closures: Fish Hatchery and Herron Creek Roads are only open to residents

Containment: 100%

RESOURCES

Crews: 10

Engines: 26

Dozers: 2

Total personnel: 398

Injuries: Thursday, 2 firefighters were cut by barbed wire and required stitches

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Sparky1doug, if you want to see hot, you should see the special, top secret, Curlew lures cudaman has made for the 24 hour tourney. :-$

smo'kin! [lol]
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 am

I have one of cudamans special lures he gave it to me at the Silver Lake tourney. I think i'll fish that one alot so when chapter 60 beats chapter 57 it will because cudaman gave me the winning lure to use. Thanks alot brett and we wont tell anyone your actually working with us now....we promise....Long live Chapter 60 Mountain Muskies.....Long live the Tiger Muskie..oh yeah Mel says long live the Pike lol

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:14 pm

now just a minute Craig yes i gave you a lure .But dont think for a minute i gave you THE LURE. The lure i gave you is for beginners ,i was a little hesitant to even let you have that .But no matter my new lures are so real the neighborhood cat just tried to swipe one off my drying rack .I think you guys and gals should save your gas and stay home no one likes to be embarassed
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Good job guys!

Hilarious commentary! Ahhhh, but who will win the contest? Time will tell!

MoMo
Angler

Post by MoMo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:59 pm

:-({|= I need to know what kind of humble pie to make for all the Chapter 57 people. Please send me your request!!

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:47 am

my pie consist of one part glide bait ,three downed trees ,one old train tressle ,one island ,add 24 hrs of extreme casting.Oh and dont forget the 160 or so inches.thats all the makings of winner pie
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:09 pm

cudaman wrote:my pie consist of one part glide bait ,three downed trees ,one old train tressle ,one island ,add 24 hrs of extreme casting.Oh and dont forget the 160 or so inches.thats all the makings of winner pie
Nice! :nemo:

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Hey Cuda,

Maybe you should write a cook-book of sorts.. but, then again I don't think you would want to give all your secret recipes away:-$...LOL... The above recipe, however, does sound like one made for success!

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:00 am

Well fellow chapter 60 members the chapter 57 members are already starting quit. I heard sparkydoug (chicken little) wet himself and said i dont want to play with those big kids lol. So hes not showing up to play with us on Curlew. Also heard a couple others arent going. I guess that trophy should be safe with us then. Keep up the good work our head games are starting to work lol. The trophy is done and wil be displayed before the tournament so everyone knows whats at stake lol, you know this trophy cost over 1 million to make, it is solid gold......

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:15 am

Really?
Naw....they are just telling you they aren't going. Now that's a head game, lol.

Besides, how many CH 57 members does it take to beat all of CH 60?
Take lots of pictures of that trophy - its gonna be a while until you see it again. [laugh] [thumbsup]

MoMo
Angler

Post by MoMo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 am

Ok, now how many people are going to fish the tournament so I know how much food to bring for the BBQ. I also would like to know if there are any pie request? :chef: