BARRY BONDS HITS #756!!!!!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
T Dot
Commander

RE:BARRY BONDS HITS #756!!!!!

Post by T Dot » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:27 am

ima stir the pot

:king:

c'mon now, baseball is a game of numbers, everyone knows that. there more to baseball than meets the eye.

ive been a huge fan of baseball, more than likely bigger than some of people on here. i use to every starting line of all my favorite teams. i even knew which way they batted.

anyways after the strike, mlb knew their numbers were down. so their dilema was how to bring the fans back? what is more exciting than the long ball.

this is where fences were brought in closer, balls were juiced, and im sure some players were paid to even juice themselves.

early in the 2000s everyone and their moms started hitting homers, even the commentators spoke about juiced bass. if you take a look at the 2001 stats, im sure that year had the most homers ever hit. c'mon now, even luis gonzales hit 57. i cant even believe that. if you are a baseball fan... you know he is not a slugger at all.

the rumor mill states the the juice club was a hush hush club. though you can see who is in it by the numbers on their back. take a look @ who wore the number 25.

... now baseball is bigger than ever. homers and steroids come into play. hell it brought the game back to me, and i was one of their bigger fans. now what do you think would happen if you suspend the biggest name of baseball, aka the face of baseball today, barry bonds? who knows what will happen...

i know they will never find evidence, and never suspend him... lol they will make him 'retire'

read this... when basketball had low numbers, jordan brought it back to live. he was the biggest name in basketball, and was the face of basketball during that time. he won 3 in a row... and all of a sudden he 'retires'. rumor has it he was gambling on basketball, but the league could not suspend him as he was basketball itself. so instead of suspending the man who put basketball on the planet, they made him retire. he came back and won another 3 in a row.

... so what will happen to barry. well, he will retire, but baseball is what it is today because of him, homers, juice baseballs, and players
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:04 am

It is a different era and everything, but Bonds has undisputedly done roids. And I don't think one of the most coveted titles in sports, being the all-time home run king, should be tarnished with drug use.

A piece of irony that I see in this, as an avid boxing fan, is back in '05 after James Toney beat John Ruiz for a fraction of the heavyweight championship he was stripped of the title and the bout was ruled a no-contest because Toney tested positive for a banned substance. Boxing, a sport that has been corrupted since its very inception, has the common sense to say, "hey this guy tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, his win was ill-gained and should be thrown out". In boxing this happens a few times a year, with the same result, roid user wins getting thrown out. Now if shady ol' boxing can police steroid use in such a fashion the very least wholesome ol' baseball can do is put an * by Bond's name on the all-time homerun leaders' list.

Obviously Hank Aaron is still the homerun king in my book.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:50 pm

mallard83 wrote:I don't know about the rest of you but I believe that sports stars should be allowed to use roids. I feel it would make the games that much better and more worth my money to see a better game, and if they want to screw up their bodies, well thats their choice. I do however think that if they do make some sort of accomplishment in the Hall of Fame or whatever there should be an * next to their name indicating that they were helped along by a drug. Anyone agree?
Definetly do not agree.
aka Powerworm

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:22 pm

T Dot wrote:
early in the 2000s everyone and their moms started hitting homers, even the commentators spoke about juiced bass. if you take a look at the 2001 stats, im sure that year had the most homers ever hit. c'mon now, even luis gonzales hit 57. i cant even believe that. if you are a baseball fan... you know he is not a slugger at all.
Got to love those juiced bass. LOL
I'm not making fun of you T Dot, I have done this myself and that is why I point it out. We are talking baseball on a fishing forum and somehow bass makes its way into the mix.
I agree with you on some points. It would be hard to destroy a figure that has done so much for baseball. Same with basketball and Jordan.
You mention Luis Gonzales, there were a lot of guys who started hitting a ton of homers in those years. I sure there was something going on. But it did bring back baseball. The Mcgwire/Sosa slug fest was the single most watched time in sports during that year. People couldn't get enough. So they (the baseball commissioner and his staff) knew what they were doing. It brought back baseball. Why not, it worked. I always loved baseball and I know it turned me back to it after the strike.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:28 pm

I think Barry killed Nicole and Ron....

"How do you like them apples"??????
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:20 am

fishnislife wrote:Got to love those juiced bass. LOL
lol, i almost never reread my post and correct mistakes.

ha
fishnislife wrote: I agree with you on some points. It would be hard to destroy a figure that has done so much for baseball. Same with basketball and Jordan.
You mention Luis Gonzales, there were a lot of guys who started hitting a ton of homers in those years. I sure there was something going on. But it did bring back baseball. The Mcgwire/Sosa slug fest was the single most watched time in sports during that year. People couldn't get enough. So they (the baseball commissioner and his staff) knew what they were doing. It brought back baseball. Why not, it worked. I always loved baseball and I know it turned me back to it after the strike.
there are so many things regular fans do not know. there are so many things that go one behind the scenes, and behind closed doors.

if you punish one, you must punish all. you must to too the same extremes to catch one, and catch them all. there are so many names i could add to the list.

trust me they will find nothing against bonds.

:king:

... anyone ever wonder how lance armstrong won 7 in a row!?
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:11 pm

hey just let all athletes start using roids when they are tots that way they are way ahead of the game instead of calling them sport we can call them roid like ; hey roid going to the game, what ya doing roid, quit being a poorroid about it, O.J did it? aftermath of his roid use. <')//<

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:01 pm

I'd write "Juiced" all over the ball and throw it back. No joke.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:53 pm

Bonds 2, Roids 7, OJ is a murderer 4, Barry is a murderer 1.

Judge Wapner
Petty Officer

Post by Judge Wapner » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 pm

My ruling is that Barry Bonds is quilty as charged. He should be banned from baseball and never be able to pick up a bat again. This goes for anyone who cheats. I would put him in jail if he ever appeared in my courtroom.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Bonds 2, Roids 8, OJ is a murderer4, Barry is a murderer 1.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Mike Iaconelli is on steroids. Has to be. Why else would a grown man scream and holler and generally freak out over a two-pound bass? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

raffensg64
Commander

Post by raffensg64 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:37 am

Fortunately, we live in a society where we are all innocent until proven guilty. I think his judgment day is going to come. With all the controversy and rumors swirling around, and investigations still ongoing, only time will tell. I think that MLB and Tagliabue are trying to minimize the damage by their foot dragging and lack of pursuit.

If Roger Goodell (NFL Commish) was in charge, I definitely think things would have turned out differently, and maybe Hank would still hold the record.

Hank is still the King in my opinion. He worked his magic in an era where players played for the love of the game and served as role models for Americas' youth.