Getting Fed Up

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
cavdad45
Commodore

Getting Fed Up

Post by cavdad45 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:29 am

Listen up. I like WashingtonLakes.com! I like the Forums. I like the Fishing Reports. I like corresponding with other anglers. I like reading other people's postings. I like learning from other fishermen. I like the fish pictures. I like celebrating with others when they have a good fishing trip or catch a great fish.

I am fed up with name calling and negative responses, though I expect to get a few from this. If some guy catches a big fish, congratulate him. Don't call him a liar or tell him that you believe his fish is smaller. I am sick of that kind of immature nonsense. Look, you were not there. You did not see the fish first hand. And usually the only evidence you have to go on is a poor quality photo that gives no representation of true scale.

Sometimes it seems that some of us are just plain ol' mean spirited. If you don't agree with what a person posted don't attack him personally. If you disagree, state it in terms of fact and stick to the topic. If you have to resort to attacking the person, then I guess you lack good facts on the topic or idea.

I sometimes see a posting that is so ridiculous and get the temptation to step up and slam the guy. Instead, I fall back on the old adage that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Now on the positive side. The majority of people that I have met or corresponded with are first class individuals. We have a good thing here. Let's not let a few egotistical knuckleheads turn this into a slam site.

Please!

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

RE:Getting Fed Up

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

WOW cavdad45 , you are HOT huh ? / Man i understamd what your saying and i agree . But truth be told i dont think those things will stop .. There are alot of younger people on hear and for that reason you can expect imature threads , etc. My only advise is not to take this personaly .. I have got into a war of words with a few but everyone is entitled to there on opinion even if it's just plain wrong .. I think that whenever a person attackes someone because of a fish tale is because they are jealous , so take that in consideration !! as far as attempting to control comments "FORGET ABOUT IT" .. thats just the sad truth !! BBD :-k

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:30 pm

It ain't about taking it personal. It's about having class and treating each other with respect the way we would want to be treated.

You are right, it probably won't go away. But if we can just think about how and what we say... you know what I mean. I agree there are alot of youngsters who have not developed skills in dealing with others when they can hide so well on-line and say whatever dumb thing that pops into their head.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:34 pm

LMAO !! your absolute correct .. Dont let these young bloods get too ya ! If they say mean things and show no class , imagine what kind of parents they have ? apples dont fall far from the tree ..lol ...are you coming to the BBQ ON SEP 15 OR WHAT , i would really enjoy chating with you in person bud .. theres going to be food , fun, games, fishing , and good coversation that day .. try and clear that day if you can !! BBD :cheers:

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:44 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:LMAO !! your absolute correct .. Dont let these young bloods get too ya ! If they say mean things and show no class , imagine what kind of parents they have ? apples dont fall far from the tree ..lol ...are you coming to the BBQ ON SEP 15 OR WHAT , i would really enjoy chating with you in person bud .. theres going to be food , fun, games, fishing , and good coversation that day .. try and clear that day if you can !! BBD :cheers:
Wish I could be there on the 15th, but my wife and I will be in Miami. (Away from our kids, ha! ha!) Next time, I'll be sure to make it though.

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:35 pm

I agree with both of your guys comments! It is too bad you can't be there Cav you seem like a man with integrity and that is important. Enjoy your vacation and maybe we can all go fishing when you get back. If we go with Dez you will learn the ever so secret bacon technique. It is a centuries old style passed down from generation to generation! LMAO
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:05 pm

EdmondsBassMan wrote:I agree with both of your guys comments! It is too bad you can't be there Cav you seem like a man with integrity and that is important. Enjoy your vacation and maybe we can all go fishing when you get back. If we go with Dez you will learn the ever so secret bacon technique. It is a centuries old style passed down from generation to generation! LMAO

HEY ,HEY ! Can we not talk about the bacon so much, it means alot to me !! im only suggesting it because this event is a WA.LAKE function . outside of that i dont really like this info known too the public .. geez !! this poor guy is ready to kick some butt and im just tring my best to keep him focus on fishing , i just pointed out that using bacon that morning was a option is case of a slow bite .. NOW im all like should i even bring the Bacon for fear of being exposed of my claim to fame !! see EBM this is exactly what CAV is talking about with the smart remarks !! im pissed ...LMAO ...BBD:-$

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
EdmondsBassMan wrote:I agree with both of your guys comments! It is too bad you can't be there Cav you seem like a man with integrity and that is important. Enjoy your vacation and maybe we can all go fishing when you get back. If we go with Dez you will learn the ever so secret bacon technique. It is a centuries old style passed down from generation to generation! LMAO

HEY ,HEY ! Can we not talk about the bacon so much, it means alot to me !! im only suggesting it because this event is a WA.LAKE function . outside of that i dont really like this info known too the public .. geez !! this poor guy is ready to kick some butt and im just tring my best to keep him focus on fishing , i just pointed out that using bacon that morning was a option is case of a slow bite .. NOW im all like should i even bring the Bacon for fear of being exposed of my claim to fame !! see EBM this is exactly what CAV is talking about with the smart remarks !! im pissed ...LMAO ...BBD:-$
I am so sorry!! Can you ever forgive me? From this point forward I will think long and hard before I type.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:26 pm

I know the report and comments this thread is refering to. I did end up deleting one post which started down the name calling road.

It would be nice if we could always make comments the same way as if we were facing someone. Course, even then it might get hot sometimes!

Peace Out. :alien:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:14 am

EdmondsBassMan wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:

I am so sorry!! Can you ever forgive me? From this point forward I will think long and hard before I type.
Hey, I'm very interested in the fine arts of BACON!!! You sound very informed on this elusive subject. And your reputation on the subject of BACON is light years ahead of the rest of us.

Seriously, guys, we will have to get together for a fishing trip soon. I think it would be alot of fun.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:20 am

EdmondsBassMan wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:

LMOA LOL, LOL , LOL .. THAT WAS GREAT
, !! look even mike had to come in and protect the BACON ..dont mess with bacon i know people in high places !!! lol ..i cant stop laughing ....BBD
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:45 am

BBD, It's all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out....CAV

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:32 am

cavdad45 wrote:BBD, It's all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out....CAV

you know it man !!! lol no EBM is my fishing bud. so we joke around alot ! there so many people on hear that are very sensitive and a lil laughter is sometimes helpful !! I HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF BASS GUYS USING BACON TO FISH WITH ? where do think the term "jig and pig" comes from ...huh ...BBD:geek:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:39 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:
cavdad45 wrote:BBD, It's all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out....CAV

you know it man !!! lol no EBM is my fishing bud. so we joke around alot ! there so many people on hear that are very sensitive and a lil laughter is sometimes helpful !! I HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF BASS GUYS USING BACON TO FISH WITH ? where do think the term "jig and pig" comes from ...huh ...BBD:geek:
I thought that's what it was. The jig-n-pig, but I have seen people use bacon for real. Bluegills and catfish mostly and in the South and Midwest. It's a great line, though!!

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:51 pm

Then it's even more fun and games! No, I'm joking.

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:09 pm

cavdad45 wrote:
EdmondsBassMan wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:

Hey, I'm very interested in the fine arts of BACON!!! You sound very informed on this elusive subject. And your reputation on the subject of BACON is light years ahead of the rest of us.

Seriously, guys, we will have to get together for a fishing trip soon. I think it would be alot of fun.
I second that Cav a trip will def needed to be planned and I'll make sure Dez brings the bacon! LOL

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:30 am

Let's put together that outting. I should be available in the latter part of Sept or maybe early Oct. PM me with your guys' availability and possible fishing locations. That would be awesome. CAV

Jo
Petty Officer

Post by Jo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:12 pm

I agree about the slams it does take away from a great site with tons of info about fishing in WA. I don't know how many lakes I have gone to just to scout them out because the reports sounded so good. I don't know how to stop
the negative flow.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:51 pm

EdmondsBassMan wrote:
cavdad45 wrote:
EdmondsBassMan wrote: I am so sorry!! Can you ever forgive me? From this point forward I will think long and hard before I type.

I second that Cav a trip will def needed to be planned and I'll make sure Dez brings the bacon! LOL

Yeah Laugh Now and take pics of my Big Bass later !!

p.s. I just got a new gas grill and that puppy cooks up the bacon prefect .. be afraid be very afraid .. BBD !!:batman:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 am

i agree with this thread. i got slammed the other day for keeping perch. after explaining about the groceries saved, volunteer hours put-in for habitat projects, and the guy flat-out didnt know me, i got alot of positive responses. hopefully, that kind of fisherpeople stay off this site. secondly, a few of us from this site are planning a fishing trip to potholes sept. 28-30. it is mardon resorts marathon dock tourney, but also the fall walleye/bass bite is in full swing. anyones welcome to tag-along. will be reserving campsite/rv/boat sites on the 7th of sept. alot of prizes given out, plus some monster walleye/bass are caught during this week-end. also, the chance to hang-put wth other dedicated fisher people. we will get a total for expenses (campsite/rv/boat sites), and split them up. you can pm me if interested.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”