New Pontoon

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lotech Joe
Commodore

New Pontoon

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Got my new toon. This one isn't near as heavy as my last one and it's easier to maneuver. It's identical to the ODC 816 but has a better seat and it's green. I've had 2 of the ODC 816's and really liked them. I'm really looking forward to using this new toon. It's been discontinued and I think I got the last one at the sale price. Here's what it looks like;
http://creekcompany.com/product.php?pro ... 254&page=1
I have a swivel seat I can put on it, but I like the idea of light weight.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

reelman
Warrant Officer

RE:New Pontoon

Post by reelman » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Great, lucky you. I'll be out on Liberty Lake tomorrow. Bring your new toy and you can teach me how to fish that lake. I'll be the one with the goofy fishing hat and a light blue ice chest on the back of my 'toon. Hope to see you there.
Reel man.
Fly Fishing, like any faith, has varying levels of orthodoxy.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:25 am

reelman,
Sorry I didn't see your post before now. I've been laid up for a couple of weeks with a back that quit on me. I'm still waiting to hear from the VA Hosp about scheduled surgery. I haven't been able to use the new toon and won't until next summer at best.
I don't usually fish Liberty Lake. I'm not a big fan of the launch. I wish there was a launch at the south end. Liberty Lake is a funny lake in that, if you're sitting in the middle of the lake looking south it looks like a high mountain lake. If you turn around and look the other way it looks like the Chicago skyline.
Sorry I missed your post.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

reelman
Warrant Officer

Post by reelman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm

I launch from the county park using the wheel I Jerry-rigged from an old jogging stroller. Sorry to hear about your back. The launch there really is a hairy armpit. I've nearly been run over 2X by some cretin whose lQ was on par with the bluegill I'd just caught (Ooh! Shiny thing).
Next time you're going out and need a friend to go fishing with, I happen to be recruiting fishing friends.

Reelman
Fly Fishing, like any faith, has varying levels of orthodoxy.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 am

reelman,
You're welcome to tie up with me but like I said, it probably won't be till next Spring or Summer. I'd be interested in seeing how you rigged the wheel to your toon.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”